“Excellent accomodations”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed there last week for a conference. Excellent location, can walk to many parts of town, and easy access to the subway system. Rooms were clean and had excellent size and layout, wireless internet worked effeciently, burgers in the bar were great, and staff was helpful. Meeting facilities were good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for view of river / city.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you were able to join us for your recent conference in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees, the quality of our product and the location, and your comments just reaffirm our beliefs. Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I am extremely hard to please. The Westin upgraded us to a junior suite on the top floor with a great view for our anniversary. We are Starwood members. When we returned to the room after dinner they had a bottle of champagne and five strawberries dipped in chocolate waiting for us. The perfect end to a great day!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. and Happy Anniversary!. I am delighted that you were able to join us for such an important occasion. I am also very pleased to hear that our staff was able to deliver a Suprise and Delight. We are very proud of all the employees here and it is this type of special touch that seperates us from our competition. Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned from a six day trip to Boston. My husband, 12 year old son and I enjoyed our stay at the Westin Copley. The staff and hotel were top notch. The concierge arranged for us to get primo seats at Fenway. Their restaurant Turner Fisheries is fantastic -- kids eat free before 7 pm. We walked to most sites and attractions. It is in a central location and attached the Prudential Center for easy access to restaurants, shops and the sky walk. If you don't like to walk far, you can also take advantage of the T system. A subway is steps from the hotel. We purchased a 7 day pass for $18 (the cost per ride is $2 -- the weekly pass is the best). This pass got us to and from the airport and all over the city. We saved a ton on taxis and if you have a kid they can just follow behind you in the subway entrance areas. They are free. I would stay at the Copley again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hipmomandwife

Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you were able to join us for your recent trip to Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here and I am delighted that you felt that they were top notch! Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a very nice hotel located in the Back Bay of Boston. The location is perfect, very walkable to Fenway, Public Gardens, Boston Common and Faneuil Hall. There is a T stop directly across the street. The staff was friendly, and the hotel was very clean. You can't really ask for more than that from a hotel!

Room Tip: the higher the floor, the better!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you were able to join us for your recent trip to Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here and I we couldn't agree with you more on the Location. Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Went to Boston for the first time when attending a conference. This hotel is in a great location, very close to a lot of historical sites, as well as many restaurants and bars. Plus, is within walking distance to Fenway. In addition to great location, the hotel staff was outstanding. I was upgraded to a river view room on a high floor upon check-in, just because I asked what rooms had the best view. And the view from the room was outstanding. Highly recommend the river views over the harbor view rooms. This hotel is pricey, but I would say well worth it based mainly on location.

Room Tip: On checking in just ask for an upgrade to a river view room. These rooms cost more because of the v...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We couldn't ask for a better endorsement of our staff and service and I am happy to see we were able to accommodate your upgrade request...that is not always possible givne the occupancy. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is one of the best Westin hotel I've stayed in. Let me just start by saying it's connected to a mall!! Yes you heard correct.....a mall. Not just a regular mall but a mall that has a LV, Jimmy Choo, and Michael Kors store. I stayed for one night during the NBA playoffs. Our room was a corner suite, with a great view of everything! We could see sail boats. It was amazing. Our suite was ALL windows which I loved.Room service was really good. Everyone was friendly, check in was fast, room was clean, bathroom was a little small, but I didn't care. Bed was very comfortable and the hotel is a block from train station, which was perfect because I took Amtrak. I really love this hotel and can't wait to visit Boston again to stay here. The men who are suppose to open your door and grab your bags when arriving were a bit slow and not helpful, but I didn't need them anyway. Would of been pissed if I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up corner suite!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you about your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you were able to stay with us during the NBA Playoffs. We are very proud of all our employees and it is very unusal to hear that our door staff was not helpful...that is not a normal review of them, so something may have thrown them off their game, but I will be sure to share your comments with our Garage Manager in an effort to ensure it does not continue. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Family trip to Boston last week was fantastic. I feel that the location of this property had much to do with our overall experience. We had a room on the 26th floor over looking the Charles River and Cambridge. This was a sight since our arrival day was beautiful and the river was full of sailboats. The rooms were fairly large with 2 very nice queen beds that were really comfy. Bathroom was nice but not spectacular. I found the best room rate for this hotel on hotwire, which beat all the other search engines and the hotel rate by far (approx $40-100/night). My only negative was having a room right across from the ice machine, but that was a very small issue.

The "T" was 1 block and easy to use. Great shopping 1-2 blocks. Great restaurants 1-2 blocks. Concierge was extremely helpful. Taxi's were always available even for a very early morning flight. The hotel was attached to 2 huge malls by a breezeway. High end and modest
shops aplenty. Starbucks on site. Did not try the restaurants or room service.

I do not see a downside to this hotel. Happy travels

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We couldn't ask for a better endorsement, and we certainly agree with your assesment on our location. We strive to make your stay as wonderful an experience as we possiblu can and hopefully we hit that mark. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.