“Service a person can count on”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Washington
“Service a person can count on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

The t-line ride in from Logan was exhausting-hot-crowded and upon emerging at Copley Place the rain was coming down in buckets. When I got to the Westin i discovered my room was not ready and i had a dinner meeting i had to get to...soaking wet. I was annoyed so I went back to the front desk and this time i talked to someone who cared. She handed me a key to use a restroom to change and clean up. A comp breakfast coupon was given as well as a room upgrade....hmmm, that was very nice

My room was a jr suite with an awesome view. The housekeeping staff was very attentive and of course there was the Starbucks coffee to start my day

The breakfast waiter was amazing. I think I got Jewel as well. On day 2 he remembered me and had a cup of Starbucks to my table before i even got seated.

The location is the beat in Boston....connected to the vast Prudential Center shopping and dining mall. A quick skybridge walk to Au Bon Pain...yum!

• Stayed July 2012
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you were able to stay with us. We couldn't agree with you more on the location and the view...central to everything and quite spectacular. We are proud of all the employees and the service levels they provide and Jewell in the Huntington Restuarant is no exception.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Great stay at a very nice hotel but a couple of people and services really made it stand out. The concierge run is awesome! Basically some one from the hotel leads a 10 minute mile 3.5 mile run tuesday and thursday. Loved getting outside without the possibility of getting lost and having a great route. Linda was my guide and she was fabulous. Sarah at the front desk was awesome too helping me with a minor issue at checkout.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We couldn't agree with you more on the location and the view...central to everything and quite spectacular. We are proud of all the employees and the service levels they provide and Linda and Sarah are no exception.

Once again thank you and we lookiing forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just back from Boston. Hadn't been in 20 years but loved it back then so thought I'd take my teenaged kids to experience the city. The whole place just seemed off...like no one cares. It felt like the city just stopped taking care of everything. Staff at hotels and restaurants were indifferent if not rude. The roads and sidewalks were in terrible disrepair. There was garbage everywhere. And the Westin Copley just symbolized all of that. The hotel was dirty, dark and smelly. The rooms were small and outdated. With cities like NYC, Chicago and San Fran to visit, among hundreds of others, don't go to Boston and definitely do not stay at Westin Copley. Front desk was useless in helping us find a lost item. Bartender bit his nails and checked his phone while we sat at the bar. Concierge was annoyed when we asked for the Wifi password. One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
1 Thank Mishamee
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am terribly disappointed to hear that the hotel or the city missed your expectations and I would like to speak to you further. Perhaps if you have a moment you can reach me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. I look forward to connecting with you soon.
vancouver, wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Upon arriving in at 6:30pm with three kids in tow (who were soaked to the bone and tired from a long flight and walking in the rain) we were told our room was not ready. When I asked when the room was due to be ready the lady at reception simply said, "I don't know, I'll call you.". We had dinner reservations later that night so I was not very happy and the lady at reception really didnt offer much help. I was very frustrated...waiting for ten minutes at bell hop just to at least leave our luggage. We headed to dinner without a chance to even change our clothes and looking like drowned rats. I finally received a call at 9pm (yes, 9 at night) that we could check in. Not happy!

After arriving back to check in I spoke with a different person who actually apologized and offered to comp our breakfast. Still not excited but I appreciated the effort and felt at least someone cared. we finally made it to our room and waited another 30 minutes for luggage..3 kids were beyond exhaustion and it was now after ten. I stay frequently at Starwood properties so I was very disappointed by my experience.

We decided to use the comped breakfast and were so pleased when our waiter was just wonderful. We had a great experience, he acknowledgwhat hat we had a rough check in and totally took care of all of us. I believe his name was Jewel (sp?) and his service was fantastic. We liked him so much we came back the next day.

On top of that, our housekeeper was wonderful as well, taking care of us and making sure we had all we needed.

Goes to show that showing a customer that you care can make a difference and turn a bad situation around into a great stay. The little things do matter..

Room Tip: The junior suites are fantastic....the pull out beds are the most comfortable ones my kid has ever s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your reent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I must say I am not happy with the way you were treated at the desk and to not call you until 9pm to tell you your room was ready is not acceptable. I will share your comments with our Front Office Manager in and effort towards precluding this behavior from happening in the future. I am delighted to hear that you were able to experience the service that Jewels provides in the Huntington...a true Gem! I am also pleased that you found the housekeeper to be personable and efficient...this truly is what we are all about!
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed there last week for a conference. Excellent location, can walk to many parts of town, and easy access to the subway system. Rooms were clean and had excellent size and layout, wireless internet worked effeciently, burgers in the bar were great, and staff was helpful. Meeting facilities were good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for view of river / city.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you were able to join us for your recent conference in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees, the quality of our product and the location, and your comments just reaffirm our beliefs. Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I am extremely hard to please. The Westin upgraded us to a junior suite on the top floor with a great view for our anniversary. We are Starwood members. When we returned to the room after dinner they had a bottle of champagne and five strawberries dipped in chocolate waiting for us. The perfect end to a great day!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. and Happy Anniversary!. I am delighted that you were able to join us for such an important occasion. I am also very pleased to hear that our staff was able to deliver a Suprise and Delight. We are very proud of all the employees here and it is this type of special touch that seperates us from our competition. Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned from a six day trip to Boston. My husband, 12 year old son and I enjoyed our stay at the Westin Copley. The staff and hotel were top notch. The concierge arranged for us to get primo seats at Fenway. Their restaurant Turner Fisheries is fantastic -- kids eat free before 7 pm. We walked to most sites and attractions. It is in a central location and attached the Prudential Center for easy access to restaurants, shops and the sky walk. If you don't like to walk far, you can also take advantage of the T system. A subway is steps from the hotel. We purchased a 7 day pass for $18 (the cost per ride is $2 -- the weekly pass is the best). This pass got us to and from the airport and all over the city. We saved a ton on taxis and if you have a kid they can just follow behind you in the subway entrance areas. They are free. I would stay at the Copley again.

1 Thank hipmomandwife
Thank you so much for you comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you were able to join us for your recent trip to Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here and I am delighted that you felt that they were top notch! Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon