The Westin Copley Place, Boston
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$434
US$327
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$210
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$298
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
US$401
US$354
  • Restaurant
Hilton Boston Logan Airport(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$239
  • Restaurant
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$220
US$225
US$182
  • Bar/Lounge
US$283
US$228
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$585
US$325
4,173 results
All reviewscharles rivercopley placegreat locationheavenly bedriver viewprudential centernewbury streetstarbucks coffeeau bon painjunior suitepublic librarytrinity churchhigh floorback bay stationconcierge deskcentral locationgreen line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We spent a week in this hotel, not out of choice. The first room we were offered smelled dank and musty and the air-conditioner was very noisy. To add to it, the room was right across from the elevator and not soundproofed at all. Needless to say, we asked for our room to be changed. The second room was no different from the first except it was away from the elevators, therefore comparatively less noisy. But both rooms had a very unhealthy air quality and I would not recommend this hotel to people with respiratory problems or allergies. Unfortunately, there was a large conference in town and it was near impossible to change hotels, so we decided to stay put.

Apart from the location of the hotel, which is excellent I have nothing good to say about it. The hotel has a program called 'green housekeeping' - where they do not change your sheets/towels. I have participated in these environmentally friendly initiatives in all the luxury hotels I have stayed in and I was happy to do it again here. However, this is green housekeeping with a difference. They do not clean your room at all!! Yep, that is right not only do they not change sheets/towels, they also don't take out the trash or tidy your room. When we discovered this we had no choice but to withdraw from the program which is a real shame. I am happy to do my bit for the environment but not at the cost of basic hygiene. If it weren't for the hotels superb location I would give it just one star.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

thank you for yur comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am sorry however to hear that you did not feel the room that you stayed in was satisfactory. WE have not had issues in the past with air quality, so I am a bit taken aback that this was the case with you. I would like to look into this concern a bit further, so if youhad a moment and could contact me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com, I would appreciate it.

Regarding our Make a Green Choice program, we piloted this initiative in several hotels for quite a long period and got mostly good reviews. The program is pretty well outlined in our collateral, and should be so by the Front Desk Receptionist who checked you in. Generally speaking we continue to get good reviews and in fact the take rate for this program averages about 20% of all our occupied rooms.

I look forward to connecting a bit futther regarding you stay and once again please accept my apologies...

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My family (my wife and I and our two children, ages 22 and 16) spent 5 nights on vaction in Boston in the first week of July, 2012. First trip to Boston in 30 years, and so had some uncertainty of where to stay. Turns out that the Westin in the Back Bay was the perfect choice. Copley Square is close to everything, including Newberry Street, Commonwelath Avenue, the public gardens, and all of the sites along the Freedom Trail. What's beyond a comfortable walk (though keep in mind that Boston is small and very walkable) can be accessed from the subway stations right outside.

Hotel is a highrise, and modern, so don't expect a quint turn-of-the-century inn. We were on the 29th floor. With four of us, we took a junior suite with two queens and a pullout sofa, which was very comfortable. Everything was upscale and beautiful. Very helpful consierge service in the lobby.

My only knocks are that the restaurant for breakfast is rediculously expensive, as is the cost of parking. I gave up the car rather than pay to park it, and went out for breakfast every morning. There's a starbucks in the building, which helps, and if you're at Copley Square, try breakfast at the nice cafe in the magnificent Public Library on the square.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Charles River.
3  Thank Familytraveller31

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you and your family were able to join us. We couldn't agree with you more on the location and the view...central to everything and quite spectacular. WE are proud of all the employees and the service levels they provide and the concierge is no exception.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

The hotel was nice, but nothing stood out as spectacular. It is what I would expect for an overpriced hotel in a city. That being said, the location of this hotel is excellent. It is easily accessible from the airport via the T if that is the way you want to go. The T stop is only a block away and will take you to almost every site you may want to see. Buy the weekly pass...it's worth it if you are staying even a few days. Being connected to the two malls is nice.

2  Thank TravelNow22

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here last Sunday for one night. It's really a very nice hotel. Lobby is on the second floor and busy. Location is terrific, near Newbury St and great Back Bay shopping and dining. Rooms are quite nice - the Westin Heavenly product line (beds, bathroom goods) is one of the nicest you'll find in the hotel tier below the super-high-end. Exciting finish part: there was a fire in the garage the morning we were leaving. Due to an elevator shut down we hauled our luggage down 20 flights to find the fire dept was not letting cars in or out of the garage. The bell and valet staff was apologetic and they offered a free taxi ride anywhere we wanted for lunch. The desk comped my parking. I will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on the Huntington Ave side have a great view of Back Bay, Newbury Street and the Charles River - love the sailboats on a beautiful summer morning.
1  Thank jlfor

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you were able to join us. We couldn't agree with you more on the location ...central to everything and very convenient. The fire you refer to was a svery small one caused by and outside contractor who was welding in our garage. While it was extinquished almost immediately, we are a the mercy of the Fire Dept., on when we can and cannot resume noraml operations. I guess you would want it no other way wne it comes to fire. I am very please to hear thaour staff rose to the occasion and exceeded your expectaitons despite the circumstances. WE are proud of all the employees and the service levels they provide and the Bell Staff are no exception.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

My family and I stayed here a week ago and personally, I was rather disappointed. Ok, so first of all, the staff were a little hostile from time to time but concierge was helpful. Before I go on to the room we had, I would just like to say that the pool was not as big as it seems on the website, and also you have to pay to use the business center as they only have free WiFi in the lobby... Anyway, we stayed in a Double Double Junior Suite on the fifteenth floor. It was dusty, and either the sofas or the AC was letting off a stale, unpleasant smell. When we returned from a long day out, the beds never seemed made, as there were lumps and bumps everywhere on the duvet, and for the size of the beds, the pillows were small and uncomfortable. It was difficult to figure out how to access the normal channels on TV, as you would try and be tricked into watching a harmless movie (when in reality, you would have to pay). At times, I felt as if the everything had a cost... They put two bottles of complimentary water in the bathroom (strange place to put them...?!) and then put two in the actual room. The two in the room had labels round their necks stating that they were water but in very small letters read '$4.00'. I was shocked. Also, the bathroom was small, but at least it was well equipped. The mirror was found in the impractical place of behind the bathroom door. There was only one small wardrobe for all four of us to share, which was a bit of a pain, so I had to fold all of my clothes and bundle them into drawers. On the contrary, the view was wonderful. We managed to see a beautiful part of Boston and Cambridge, across the Charles River. Also, the location was good, as the hotel was attached to Copley Place Mall via a covered bridge, and whilst walking to that mall, you would pass a conveniently positioned Starbucks, from where we bought breakfast and snacks. Once you reached Copley Place Mall, you could walk straight through, then across another covered bridge, to the Prudential Center, stocked with shops and a food court. We came to the Prudential Center very often to eat and shop. Some mentionable places to eat are The Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Changs, anywhere in the food court and just past the Cheesecake Factory was the Cold Stone Cremery- Try their ice cream sundaes! Overall, the hotel was conveniently located but not all that it was made out to be.

1  Thank rp6498

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations however. It is not acceptable to leave a room cleaned less than 100% and for this I apologize. I am assuming the mirror that you are speaking about is the Make up mirror and you should not be charged for a movie unless you select and agree to watch it...typically if you just scroll up you will get into the free tv stations and you can choose from there. Once again my apologies for any inconvenience we may have casued you and I hope you will give us another try should your travel plans take you back to Boston in the near Future....