“Best Hotel Ever”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Hotel Ever”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin Copley Place in Boston. The hotel is situated in the Back Bay Area of Boston and is centrally located. From shopping, to a variety of wonderful restaurants, to Faneuil Hall, the Freedom trail, hop on hop off tours, etc. etc. the hotel is within walking distance to virtually anything a tourist would want to participate in. The rooms are very clean and spacious, the staff extremely polite and helpful, and the hotel facilities amazing. I was travelling with two other people who also loved the hotel. I very much look forward to returning to the Westin in Boston in the near future. You won't regret selecting this hotel as your travel destination in Boston.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while staying in Boston. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the room and the view. I certainly agree with you, our location is very good. We are centrally located to so many shops, attractions and dining. Thank you again. Please visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and found a nicely appointed room with great linens and mattress but not enough pillows- and there weren't extra in the closet. Gorgeous sweeping view of the harbor and city from the 25th floor room.
-Broken (but empty, so I could fill it with my own items) bar fridge.
-Housekeeping leaves a LOT to be desired- I saw evidence of former guests when we checked in (hair on bathroom floor, spots on inside of shower curtain) and they never replenished all the same bathroom or coffee space amenities for the second night. We were two guests and they only provided 1 spa towel in the bathroom and 1 robe in the closet- huh? When we pay for 2 expensive consecutive night stays, I want to see identical or better room amenities (e.g., more towels) for the second night.
-Elevators were maddeningly slow. You'd better remember everything from your room because you may wait 10 minutes down and 10 minutes back up...
-Parking lot assistance was nonexistent- the valets watched me struggle with several bags and when I tried to borrow a cart to do it myself, only then did they jump into action to "help"
-Parking is $49/day, way too expensive for guests already paying to stay at your hotel, and parking is $10-15 cheaper within a few block radius.
-Gym was well-appointed, and had enough to keep me busy. Lots of ellipticals, treadmills, several weight machinges, free weights and a stretching area. Pool was closed for renovations.
-Internet was expensive ($15/day I think?) and I can never understand why this is charged for when it's so inexpensive for the hotel to supply.
-Central to everything in Boston, you won't need your car for a second. Lots in Copley Sq. and nearby Newbury St to walk and shop and entertain.

Room Tip: Try to get a harbor or river-view room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location. But I was dismayed to hear that you thought the staff service was lacking. I would love the opportunity to speak with you if you have the time. Please feel free to contact me at: john.wedig@westin.com . I look forward to hearing from you.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel repeatedly over the past year. I must say, the most recent round of service I received at the front desk over the past three stays was absolutely exceptional. On the trip a few weeks ago, Andrew B. could tell I had a rough day and was incredibly intuitive and kind. He went above and beyond the normal service offered to preferred guests. His genuine approach to tending to his guests is amazing. On more recent stays, Dan G. and Sarah W. went above and beyond to help me find a charger when I had left mine at home. Not only did they inquire at check-in, they followed up after I was in my room and delivered a charger to me. Their persistence in making sure I had what I needed was so refreshing. Overall, the staff here is outstanding. I hope one of these three is working when you check in or when you need something. They were true servants of making sure their guest had what she needed!

Room Tip: The river view is nice, regardless of the floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jenni H
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying at the Westin Copley Place during each of your trips to Boston. I am so pleased to read about your wonderful interactions with our associates. They really are a great team and provide such great service. Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to connect with each one of them to share your comments and commend them for a job well done.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a great hotel and the location is the best. The hotel has great facilities, starting with a fun bar downstairs. The gym is really well equipped with Lifefitness equipment and lots of it. We had a Junior suite that overlooked Copley Place. As soon as you walk out the front door, you are in Copley Place and that is the place to start in Boston. It is only two blocks away from Newbury Street and through walkways, you can walk through to the Marriott hotel and the shopping mall. Our hotel room was nice and spacious. The bathroom for a suite was tiny and bit surprising. The internet is very slow.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your comments. It sounds as though you had the opportunity to experience a lot of the hotel's offerings during your stay. I couldn't agree with you more - our location can't be beat. We do have a great Westin Workout facility as well as a great Gear Lending program. Give it a try the next time you are in. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The rooms in this hotel were top notch clean and luxurious. The linens were perfect, the beds comfortable and the furniture immaculate. However, all of the amenities and such were not. I stayed at this hotel during a conference when the hotel was at full capacity and clearly they do not have the resources to handle a full house. The wifi network in the room never worked and after calling their helpline 2 times and talking to RUDE people that could barely speak English, I gave up. I used the broken ethernet cable in the room and it worked ok as long as I sat at the desk and kept pushing the cord back in my computer. Since the wireless didn't work, my iPad was worthless during my conference. 2nd the line to talk to a concierge was 10-20 minutes long, so I had to help myself by looking up stuff on my phone. 3rd was the long wait for the elevator. When this hotel is at capacity the elevator wait can be over 5 minutes. When you are higher than the 30th floor it could be even longer. I was on the 12th floor and I waited 5 minutes or longer almost every time and during busy times over 10 minutes. Then you have people cramming themselves in the elevator and arguing about it being too crowded. One hotel employee forced herself in an already full elevator and a lady on the elevator screamed at her until she got off. 4th was the thin walls and if someone decided to get up and take a shower at 3 a.m or watched TV all night, you had to listen to it.
If you can over look these few things the hotel is great, clean and luxurious. It's location is wonderful and you never have to go out in weather for shopping, food or fun. There is a high end mall attached for hours of shopping and fun.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of the Harbor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place during your stay in Boston, we truly appreciate your business. I was pleased to read that you liked the room and bed. Our heavenly beds really are great and the rooms are a very good size. I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you faced while you were here. You are right, November has been very busy. Your input is very valuable and I will forward it to the appropriate departments so that we can work on preventing these things in the future. Thank you again. I do hope we will see you again soon.
Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Good, but not great hotel in Boston. I couldn't get into the Sheraton for a conference, so stayed here instead for four days, and wasn't disappointed. No upgrade for my Platinum status, but the room as fine. No doubt the hotel was full with all of the conferences around. Ate at the restaurant downstairs, and had great seafood. The breakfast buffet was OK, but not spectacular, so we ended up having breakfast in the cafe instead after a few days, and it was really excellent and cheap. Just what we were looking for. Because the hotel was so full, there were queues constantly at the Concierge desk, and I (and others) ended up walking away. Needs a bigger desk as the two staff were at a tiny desk in a walkway, and had to keep going into a storeroom to get brochures, which made the waits much worse. All in all though, a good hotel in a great location. I paid a huge amount of money for the room because of the high demand, approximately $650 USD per night for an ordinary room, so not great value for money, but there was a reason for it, and I'm just glad to have got a room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying at the Westin Copley Place during you conference. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food in Turner Fisheries - our Chef really takes pride in the food he sends out. I am sorry to hear about the long lines at the Concierge desk, but you are absolutely right, there were a few very large conferences in town in September. I do hope you will stay with us again when you are back in town. We look forward to seeing you.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here for a girls weekend in Boston. Got a decent price by reserving it online through trip advisor and found it was well worth the money. Just a block from the T station and right off the pike, prime location! Beds were extremely comfortable after a long day in the city!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Copley Place during your girls weekend. I certainly agree with you, our location is great. We are centrally located to so many shops, attractions and dining. Thank you again, and I hope you and your friends stay with us next time as well.