“Convenient Location & Comfy” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Convenient Location & Comfy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I do love Westin hotels. My stay here was for four nights and was completely comfortable. The room service was great. One night I came back to a surprise is my room-a hand written note from Peggy, five chocolate covered strawberries, and two bottles of sparkling water. So nice! This may have been for booking a private dinner at the Westin's Turner Fisheries. The staff was completely professional. Because I was there on business, my only gripe was their "business center" consisted of two computers and only one of them was functioning. Also, my room was missing the bathrobe. But these are only minor problems. The Westin is only a few minutes walk from a T station and is connected to numerous restaurants and stores via skywalks-perfect during the cold weather!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your trip and also for booking your private event with Turner's. We truly appreciate your business. I will be sure to connect with Peggy to share your kind words and commend her for a job well done. She really is a delight. Thanks again. I hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to great venues and shopping. My complaint is about the water in the shower and construction. At the end of a cold day in Boston I really wanted to take a hot shower, but had nothing but luke warm water. The construction above our room started promptly at 8:00 and lasted throughout the day on 3 of the 4 days we stayed. We complained, but nothing was done about either situation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location. But I was dismayed to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay. I would love the opportunity to speak with you if you have the time. Please feel free to contact me at: john.wedig@westin.com . I look forward to hearing from you.
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Checked in around 8pm and were upgraded to a suite. Only problem, it was on the 19th floor and my wife prefers the lower floors. The staff went out of the way to find us a nice King room on a lower floor by making some movements of incoming reservations.
The central Boston location makes walking a breeze to most attractions. The hotel is grand in all respects and decor. Full service with a terrific Breakfast nook and full lounge. For a meal one needs to go to the ground floor to Turners. Best Seafood I have had for a long time [ and i live on the west coast]. I will write up the restaurant.
Concierge was most helpful in securing reasonably priced tickets for the Bruins.
A lovely city and lovely hotel - we will return

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your comments. It sounds as though you had the opportunity to experience a lot of the hotel's offerings and interact with our associates. This is what we strive for and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. Boston is a great city and we hope that you will stay with us again when you return.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotels in Boston are apparently expensive. The Westin is no exception. But it makes for a fine stay.

Service is terrific with friendly approaches and lots of smiles.

We stayed in a King Deluxe which provided plenty of space in the bedroom area. However, the bathroom could not be much smaller. One has to leave the bathroom to change their mind because there's not enough room to do it within. To turn from the tub to the toilet to the sink you have to stand still and rotate because there is not room to step in any direction without running into an object. For a "Deluxe" room this is disappointing.

Housekeeping was fine for us.

There was a dryness in the room that left us with a minor sore throat each morning we woke up. It would go away, but they need to put some moisture into the air.

Finally, I'm not sure what was up with our bed. One reason I became a fan and loyal to the Westin was the Heavenly Beds. I loved them. This bed was not as comfortable, and our pillows were flat, lifeless, and hopeless. They were not firm enough to support your head, and I had to sleep on my arm to provide my head some support. I was hoping to find an extra pillow in the closet, but there was none to be found.

The overall hotel space is comfortable, and as others have mentioned, it is quite accessible to Copley Square and surrounding amenities.

Room Tip: I would stay again, but I would ask for extra pillows and a room that had a bathroom where one could...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Boston. I am glad you were able to interact with some of our associates. They are really a great bunch. Regarding your comments about the size of the bathroom. During our renovation, we opted to take a little space from the bathroom in order to make the rooms larger. Guests have really seemed to love the extra living space.I certainly agree with you, our location is very good. We are centrally located to so many shops, attractions and dining. Thank you again. Please visit us again soon.
Clayton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

One of the best hotels that i have been to in Boston. This is a great hotel! Over the top customer service and I love the employees with their sneakers. I will return to the Westin Copley Place Boston. Very convenient to the T and convenient top shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us during your visit! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our associates. They are a really great group and strive to your stay the best it can be. I do hope we will see you again soon!
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend and I came to boston and chose this hotel bc it is a Westin and we love to travel with Starwood. The Hotel was huge and it was great there was a Starbucks downstairs. We stayed in a King Deluxe room. It was so specious and very nice. The view of the river was breath taking. The service from the staff was amazing! we got off our plane at 7am (check in is a 3) so we walked the city after awhile we were exhausted and came to the hotel about 1:45pm and the desk agent was so helpful to get us up to a room which we were so grateful for. We did have an issue with the movies and the shower while staying at the hotel. But after I contacted them and explained what had happen they immediately apologized and were very kind about the situation. Because of how they handle their guests and their guest recovery I will come back to this property again and again. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Charles River view is amazing!!! Pay for the King deluxe upgrade, its worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us while you were supporting the Red Sox. I was pleased to read that you liked the room and the view. Our views are second to none and the rooms are a very good size. Our associates are always trying to accommodate our guests any way they can. Thank you again and we can't wait for your return!
Kensington, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

The Westin Copley Place is a fine hotel in a great location right in the heart of Boston's shopping Mecca. However, there are a few things that stood out as less than wonderful for a top tier hotel. Our room had the most bizarre dripping coming from inside the pipes. It was really quite loud and would last for several minutes anytime following the use of the sink or shower. Otherwise the room was very nice, with a good view of the city. We went down for a late breakfast only to be led around to three locations and eventually ended up where we started. Their breakfast buffet had shut down five minutes before, and there was no other way to get breakfast! My wife was not feeling well and asked for simple toast and was told that breakfast was over and they couldn't make toast. At those prices they should have made anything we wanted.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place during your visit. I am dismayed to hear about your breakfast experience. This is not the guest experience we are looking to provide. I would love the opportunity to speak with you if you had the time. Please reach out to me at: john.wedig@westin.com.