“In the heart of Boston”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Perfectly located right on Copley Square with access to the Prudential shopping center, the subway (T), and the Back Bay train station.

The Westin is a very big hotel, but it is well staffed. Room service was excellent, and the food was delicious; They have a lot of healthy snack suggestions.

A bit pricey, but given the location and the quality of the service and staff, it's understandable.

Their signatures 'Heavenly bed' are also something to look for when staying at a Westin, and this one was no exception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place. We appreciate your business. I am pleased to read that you were able to interact with a lot of our associates. They are truly the heart of our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,034)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

From a warm welcome at the valet parking to the could-not-be-friendlier front desk staff (who even gave small gifts to my kids), my three children, wife and I could not have been more pleased with our recent stay at the Westin Copley Place (we were in town for a big ophthalmology conference). Check-in was quick and efficient. Our rooms were on a high floor (great view) and connecting, just as requested. A rollaway bed was brought quickly - and it fit easily in the room. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. (Small quibbles - my wife thought the bathroom was a little small, and the cordless phone didn't work.) The location was perfect, connecting to multiple upscale malls with a variety of dining options - including many familiar options which were great for kids. The concierge capably and graciously helped us out with dining and activities. The pool and gym were clean, attractive areas to work out and splash around. This hotel offered everything you want and they got everything right. What more could you want. We will be back.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about our hotel. Your experience is truly what we thrive for. I am thrilled that you were able to experience so much of what the Westin Copley has to offer! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was here for a business conference. The meeting rooms were great, although the food was somewhat ho-hum. The concierge was excellent and one advantage is that the "hop on-hop off bus makes a stop at this hotel. We were able to purchase a ticket at the hotel and it was good for 5 days. It is also within walking distance to great bars, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanee J

Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference. Our location really can't be beat - we are right in the center of all that Boston has to offer. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again when you are back in the city.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just got back from a conference in Boston. The hotel is nice, with a nice common area. The staff, especially the concierges, were nice and helpful. We liked our room a lot. It was clean and had a great view. The beds were really comfortable. The location is terrific- easy walk to Newberry street and other nice downtown locations. My only major objection to the hotel is over the rapacious parking rates- $50 per day. Look for a public parking lot if you have the time. Minor niggles include the lack of an exhaust fan in the bathroom, a wimpy shower head and not having wifi included in the significant room rate. Despite my objections, I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments help us to be better in the future, and I will pass them along to the proper departments. I completely agree, our views are second to none and still take my breath away. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I came back to Boston to finish what I started last year. Enough said and mission accomplished. Thank you to the entire staff at The Westin Copley Place, who stayed through the night last year to make sure every guest was taken care of to the best of their ability. Whenever I come back, someone always recognizes me with a friendly hello, especially Anatoly at the lobby bell stand. He is the consummate professional and should be commended for doing what some others in this world unfortunately do not, simply his job. Thank you again. Until next time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Bobby - Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. Also, let me give my sincere congratulations on coming back to Boston and being a part of such a special day. Your comments about the staff and service are greatly appreciated. We are very proud of all our staff and we believe that the service they provide is what sets us apart from our competition and your kind words validate just that. I hope that you will be a part of the Boston Marathon for years to come and let us be a part of your experience. Congratulations again and be well.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights for the Marathon and were pretty happy with the Westin except a couple minor issues.

Our room was on the 27th floor facing the South End, nice view! The bed was really comfortable, room was clean and quiet and updated. Tons of power outlets available. The hotel is connected by walkways to shopping, restaurants, and the Prudential Center so if the weather isn't great you don't have to go outside.

We never heard noises coming from other rooms even though the hotel was full. The bathroom is updated but small. The door nearly hit the toilet. The shower had a huge "rain" type of shower head that I really didn't care for.

My main concern was how slow the elevators were. At times there was a 10-15 minute wait both going up and down. Lines would form in the lobby area waiting for one to show up. There are 7 elevator banks but it seemed like only a couple were in service.

This issue aside, I would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. Our guests comments and suggestions are what help us to improve in the future. Also, thank you for your comments regarding the elevators - unfortunately, with heavy volume and high demand there can be a little lag time, but I assure you that we are looking for ways to prevent this in the future. I am delighted that you had a chance to stay with us and hope that you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for the 2014 Boston Marathon weekend. Had never been here before, picked it based on proximity to the Marathon finish line. It was conveniently located with direct access to the Copley Place mall and access from there to the Prudential Center mall and Hynes Convention Center without having to go outside. The room was a Jr. Suite, the bathroom was tiny. The sleeping area was adequate with a king bed and couch and we had a nice view. The other part of the suite just contained a desk, this space seemed useless. The drapes would not close all the way due to all the electrical cords needing to be plugged in, the drapes should have been 2 feet shorter to allow for the cords. When shutting the drapes, several cords came unplugged, which ended up being a hassle. The cordless phone receiver didn't work and they did not have shampoo stocked in the room, we had to go to the front desk to get some. Overall, I don't think it was worth the $675/night that we paid when you include all the taxes, etc... I don't travel to big cities often, but in San Diego or LA you can get a better room for way less. Maybe the rates were higher just because of the Marathon? Based on this experience, I think I will be looking for a different hotel to stay at the next time I am in Boston.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for the detailed feedback you have provided about your recent stay. Our location with its extremely close proximity to the marathon finish line, convention center and shopping centers really can't be beat. And our views are incredible.

Thank you for your comments about the details and experience in regards to your guestroom. I have shared your feedback with the hotel staff as well. I am dismayed to hear that you experienced some inconveniences and hope that we can address these on any future stays. Please feel free to contact me at john.wedig@westin.com in advance of future stays and I hope that we can improve the experience so it meets the standards you expect from Westin.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.