“Best of Boston”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Westin Copley Place made my visit to Boston wonderful again I have stayed here seven times and each time I stay I have been treated exceptionally well. The rooms are clean, spacious and have a lovely decor. The views of Boston are amazing. The location is great, allowing easy travel to all of the sites that are popular to see in Boston. The hotel staff is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors allow for better views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KevinBphilly
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Kevin,
Thank you for being such a loyal guest and for taking the time to review our hotel. It's guests like you that make it all worth while. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Be Well.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,080)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a great experience at the Westin this past weekend. The location is great, you can walk inside to the Prudential Center, it is just one block from the green line on the T and just a few blocks from the Public Gardens. Being inside the enormous mall was especially nice as it rained two entire days while we were there.

Everyone on the staff we encountered was helpful and nice, we easily got a late checkout. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable.

The best part of the entire experience is that the pool opened at 5am! If you've ever traveled with children who wake up early, you know that it can be difficult to keep them quiet and entertained in your hotel room until the rest of the city wakes! We spent an hour at the pool every morning which the kids loved and I loved not having to constantly 'shush' them. We never saw anyone else at the pool, but the workout center had a pretty good crowd each morning.

We will definitely be back!

1  Thank travelrus

Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our swimming pool during its early hours. It is a great place to get in a workout or to splash around with the kids. I hope that you and your family will stay with us again next time you visit Boston.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I loved staying at this hotel for a week. The room was so spacious and comfortable that one evening we even had our Bostonian friends come over to visit us in our room! The location is PRIMO! I loved walking over to Newberry street or even to the gorgeous mall next door. The food is great (although a little pricy - above average) and good quality. The best part of this hotel was the concierge service! hands down!! They knew exactly what to recommend for us every time we asked them. Amazing service!

The room was clean and comfortable (although the beds were too soft for me...). Basically great accommodations with fantastic location.

Oh... and while in Boston we resolved the age-old mystery of the Cannolis in Little Italy. We bought some Cannolis from Mike's Pastry (the famous place) and some from Modern Pastry (across the street) and we did a blind taste test. Well, guess what? 9 out of 10 people voted for MODERN PASTRY as the better Cannoli. So, don't waste your time standing in line for Mike's - just go across the street to Modern and have the much more superior Cannoli.

1  Thank HockeyMama_12

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for the 5 star rating! I can't agree with you more - our location is perfect. We are ideally located right in the middle of anything you may want to do. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about our concierge. They are truly the best in the city. Next time you travel to the east coast, I hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This spring has been cold and windy. So staying at a mall proved VERY useful. The hotel itself is somewhat of a tease: checking in (and out) is record-setting quick. Service is quite good. Lobby and bar are good looking. But the actual rooms are somewhat of a letdown, with very noisy plumbing, skewered tilling in the bathroom, and an empty minibar. Some things that you take as a given, such as showercaps, were absent. Getting the shower to actually work took some effort.

So the jury is still out on this one. Some very nice things, but somewhat lacking in certain key matters.

1  Thank Santiago M
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. WE appreciate hearing from our guests. Thank you especially for your compliments on our location and service, we expect the very best from our staff and are glad to hear that you agree. I'm sorry to hear that the rooms did not meet your expectations and I've shared that feedback with our staff to see what we can do to address your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you do get the chance to join us again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I can remember when this hotel was brand new. This was my first time staying here. I booked a Jr. Suite, and am happy I did. The views and size of the room were impressive. The bed extremely comfortable, and the building quiet. I had one small issue. The clock radio was missing from the room. I called down, and it was supposed to be brought up; it never was. I went down on my way out to the store and told the front desk. It still wasn't brought up. At checkout (which was "handled" by Bryce from engineering), I again said something about the missing clock radio. He offered some water on my way out; nice gesture. I called to make sure that it would not appear or be assumed that the guests had absconded with the clock radio. All in all, I had a very nice stay. Was even given the late checkout time.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi Charles,
I am so happy we were able to share your anniversary with you. Our Junior Suites really are fantastic. I am sorry about the mishap with the clock radio - I will be sure to forward your comments to the appropriate departments. I hope you will spend your next anniversary with us too!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Perfectly located right on Copley Square with access to the Prudential shopping center, the subway (T), and the Back Bay train station.

The Westin is a very big hotel, but it is well staffed. Room service was excellent, and the food was delicious; They have a lot of healthy snack suggestions.

A bit pricey, but given the location and the quality of the service and staff, it's understandable.

Their signatures 'Heavenly bed' are also something to look for when staying at a Westin, and this one was no exception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place. We appreciate your business. I am pleased to read that you were able to interact with a lot of our associates. They are truly the heart of our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

From a warm welcome at the valet parking to the could-not-be-friendlier front desk staff (who even gave small gifts to my kids), my three children, wife and I could not have been more pleased with our recent stay at the Westin Copley Place (we were in town for a big ophthalmology conference). Check-in was quick and efficient. Our rooms were on a high floor (great view) and connecting, just as requested. A rollaway bed was brought quickly - and it fit easily in the room. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. (Small quibbles - my wife thought the bathroom was a little small, and the cordless phone didn't work.) The location was perfect, connecting to multiple upscale malls with a variety of dining options - including many familiar options which were great for kids. The concierge capably and graciously helped us out with dining and activities. The pool and gym were clean, attractive areas to work out and splash around. This hotel offered everything you want and they got everything right. What more could you want. We will be back.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about our hotel. Your experience is truly what we thrive for. I am thrilled that you were able to experience so much of what the Westin Copley has to offer! Please visit us again soon!