“Below par”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Below par”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at the Westin Copley for 5 nights whilst in Boston to run the marathon.

On the plus side, the location is great, the beds comfortable and the linen fine. But that's it.

On the negative side, the lifts were so slow on most days that many people gave up and walked down the fire stairs, wifi is only available in lobby and then intermittently, the bathrooms are relatively small and, whilst pleasant and well meaning, the staff took two days to get to the bottom of, and resolve, an issue (bad odour in the room).

In short, this hotel doesn't try too hard and is not good value, given the relatively high room rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jeremy M
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your April stay at our hotel and congratulations on running the Marathon - what a wonderful accomplishment. We also love our location.
I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences when you stayed with us especially in regards to our service as we expect the highest level from our staff. I would like to gather more detail from you about your experience so that we can resolve these issues for the future. Free free to contact me at john.wedig@westin.com and if you have any further questions or concerns, I would be happy to help however I can.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Overall a very good hotel for business or pleasure. Given the popularity of the hotel and superior location the best advice is to RESERVE EARLY. Also - If you can avoid bringing a car to the hotel I would commute it instead. Parking is $49 a night so it adds up fast.

Room rates vary greatly from $180 to well over $500 a night for a standard room. So prepay and early booking is best.

Overall a really good hotel for the Westin chain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steven G
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the four stars! I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you find yourself in the city.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Westin Copley Place made my visit to Boston wonderful again I have stayed here seven times and each time I stay I have been treated exceptionally well. The rooms are clean, spacious and have a lovely decor. The views of Boston are amazing. The location is great, allowing easy travel to all of the sites that are popular to see in Boston. The hotel staff is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors allow for better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KevinBphilly
Kevin,
Thank you for being such a loyal guest and for taking the time to review our hotel. It's guests like you that make it all worth while. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Be Well.
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a great experience at the Westin this past weekend. The location is great, you can walk inside to the Prudential Center, it is just one block from the green line on the T and just a few blocks from the Public Gardens. Being inside the enormous mall was especially nice as it rained two entire days while we were there.

Everyone on the staff we encountered was helpful and nice, we easily got a late checkout. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable.

The best part of the entire experience is that the pool opened at 5am! If you've ever traveled with children who wake up early, you know that it can be difficult to keep them quiet and entertained in your hotel room until the rest of the city wakes! We spent an hour at the pool every morning which the kids loved and I loved not having to constantly 'shush' them. We never saw anyone else at the pool, but the workout center had a pretty good crowd each morning.

We will definitely be back!

1 Thank travelrus
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our swimming pool during its early hours. It is a great place to get in a workout or to splash around with the kids. I hope that you and your family will stay with us again next time you visit Boston.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I loved staying at this hotel for a week. The room was so spacious and comfortable that one evening we even had our Bostonian friends come over to visit us in our room! The location is PRIMO! I loved walking over to Newberry street or even to the gorgeous mall next door. The food is great (although a little pricy - above average) and good quality. The best part of this hotel was the concierge service! hands down!! They knew exactly what to recommend for us every time we asked them. Amazing service!

The room was clean and comfortable (although the beds were too soft for me...). Basically great accommodations with fantastic location.

Oh... and while in Boston we resolved the age-old mystery of the Cannolis in Little Italy. We bought some Cannolis from Mike's Pastry (the famous place) and some from Modern Pastry (across the street) and we did a blind taste test. Well, guess what? 9 out of 10 people voted for MODERN PASTRY as the better Cannoli. So, don't waste your time standing in line for Mike's - just go across the street to Modern and have the much more superior Cannoli.

1 Thank HockeyMama_12
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for the 5 star rating! I can't agree with you more - our location is perfect. We are ideally located right in the middle of anything you may want to do. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about our concierge. They are truly the best in the city. Next time you travel to the east coast, I hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This spring has been cold and windy. So staying at a mall proved VERY useful. The hotel itself is somewhat of a tease: checking in (and out) is record-setting quick. Service is quite good. Lobby and bar are good looking. But the actual rooms are somewhat of a letdown, with very noisy plumbing, skewered tilling in the bathroom, and an empty minibar. Some things that you take as a given, such as showercaps, were absent. Getting the shower to actually work took some effort.

So the jury is still out on this one. Some very nice things, but somewhat lacking in certain key matters.

1 Thank Santiago M
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. WE appreciate hearing from our guests. Thank you especially for your compliments on our location and service, we expect the very best from our staff and are glad to hear that you agree. I'm sorry to hear that the rooms did not meet your expectations and I've shared that feedback with our staff to see what we can do to address your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you do get the chance to join us again soon.
Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I can remember when this hotel was brand new. This was my first time staying here. I booked a Jr. Suite, and am happy I did. The views and size of the room were impressive. The bed extremely comfortable, and the building quiet. I had one small issue. The clock radio was missing from the room. I called down, and it was supposed to be brought up; it never was. I went down on my way out to the store and told the front desk. It still wasn't brought up. At checkout (which was "handled" by Bryce from engineering), I again said something about the missing clock radio. He offered some water on my way out; nice gesture. I called to make sure that it would not appear or be assumed that the guests had absconded with the clock radio. All in all, I had a very nice stay. Was even given the late checkout time.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hi Charles,
I am so happy we were able to share your anniversary with you. Our Junior Suites really are fantastic. I am sorry about the mishap with the clock radio - I will be sure to forward your comments to the appropriate departments. I hope you will spend your next anniversary with us too!