“Good location in Back Bay area of Boston”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Westin Copley Place was a very good place to stay and is a convenient walk to shops and nice restaurants. We had a high floor junior suite with a beautiful corner room. The toilet had the water saving power flush that feels like an airplane toilet as far as the gush of air. Although the shower head was directly overhead and had wide coverage, the water pressure was a bit weak. The lobby was inviting, modern and energetic. The staff was courteous, helpful and attentive. I would strongly consider staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Copley Place. Our junior suites are great with amazing panoramic views of the city. We are also just steps away from the great restaurants and shops on Newbury Street. If you are looking to experience everything that Boston has to offer, we are the perfect choice! I hope that you will be staying with us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,113)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the Westin for 4 days on business. It was a good experience. The location is great. Sort of a standalone, but within 1-10 mins of walking everywhere important. I even walked to Fenway to see my first Red sox game, as a Yankee fan.

The bar inside is nice, but the neighboring access to mall, restaurants, parks, highways and everything was perfect.

Rooms are typical Westin and comfortable, yet small, compared to some other places. I was upgraded to a high floor and corner room, but still felt closed in a bit.

I would definitely recommend to any business traveler. As for personal, well, parking is $50/night and the hotel is not cheap. M

Room Tip: Ask for high floor corner king room for single traveler
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit. How did you like Fenway? It still remains one of my favorite baseball fields and I have been to quite a few. I completely agree, everything that Boston has to offer is right outside our doorsteps. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting our city.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Westin Copley Place is a great choice in Boston. Perfect location. The hotel is linked to two different malls. Many stores and restaurants are nearby. The city is beautiful.
I have to thank Mr. Mike Manzi the shipping and receiving manager for his great help with an issue . He was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Asmarcon
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 for your recent stay. I am so happy to read that you were able to interact with Mike, we are very lucky to have him! I will pass along your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A typical Westin (not for the faint of wallet) but well worth it. Location, location, location! a block to Newbury street (shopping +dining) and the Boston Common, 2 blocks to Commonwealth (more of the same) and a 10-15 minute walk to the beautiful Boston waterfront. Plus, the Boston Library is across the street as is the Copley Place Mall,AND the Copley Subway Station taking you to Fenway park in 2 stops, or the TD Garden in the same.
Its a great hotel, in the heart of the city if you're visiting Boston with a few bucks to spare and don't want to take a risk on a "Boutique" hotel, this the spot to do it.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room and it was great
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike D

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Copley Place during your recent visit to Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can't agree with you more. Our location cannot be beat. Everything you want to see and do is right at our doorstep. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel. The rooms are beautiful and the staff was exceptional.

The only place we received poor service was in the breakfast restaurant, where we had the same waiter every morning with the same level of very poor customer service. I didn't let this affect my review, because it was just one person during a three-day stay.

I would like to add that the breakfast is EXTREMELY expensive, with the buffet costing $26 and a simple egg breakfast $15, but this is not uncommon in cities like Boston.

We also rented a meeting room for one of the days, and the accommodations and service were also exceptional. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

The location is fantastic, right in the heart of Boston, within walking distance of anything you could need.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DETBoulder

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I am dismayed to hear about your experience with the server in the Huntington and will be sure to address the issue. I am, however, glad that it did not put a damper on your stay. We look forward to your next visit and the chance to make it flawless!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great location and an attractive hotel. As spg Platinum, I hoped for an upgrade, but not available. Nicely chosen room for the category I booked. Check in was slow and painfully inefficient. Must have been a new clerk. Staff for telephone seemed inadequate at multiple occasions...very long waits for operator ("service express") to answer. Lighting in bathroom very dim. Adequate quality linnens and comfortable bed. For the steep price, I hoped for more. Not bad; just not good.

Room Tip: "01" rooms are larger, with nice river views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FreqTravDaddy
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback and recent comments about our hotel. We love our location and the hotel so glad you feel the same. I'm sorry to hear that an upgrade was not available and hope that we can offer that for future stays. I am sorry to hear that your check-in experience did not meet your expectations but I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff.
If you have any further questions or concerns, I would be happy to help however I can so feel free to contact me at john.wedig@westin.com, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at the Westin Copley for 5 nights whilst in Boston to run the marathon.

On the plus side, the location is great, the beds comfortable and the linen fine. But that's it.

On the negative side, the lifts were so slow on most days that many people gave up and walked down the fire stairs, wifi is only available in lobby and then intermittently, the bathrooms are relatively small and, whilst pleasant and well meaning, the staff took two days to get to the bottom of, and resolve, an issue (bad odour in the room).

In short, this hotel doesn't try too hard and is not good value, given the relatively high room rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jeremy M

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your April stay at our hotel and congratulations on running the Marathon - what a wonderful accomplishment. We also love our location.
I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences when you stayed with us especially in regards to our service as we expect the highest level from our staff. I would like to gather more detail from you about your experience so that we can resolve these issues for the future. Free free to contact me at john.wedig@westin.com and if you have any further questions or concerns, I would be happy to help however I can.