“Average hotel, good location”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a junior suite during the Boston marathon with 2 friends who stayed here last year. They said it was decent accommodation so we decided to go in with them on a suite.

The suite was really just a big room and nothing more. For $700usd a night I felt we were being ripped right off. Our friends said the junior suite they stayed on last year was significantly bigger so it seems there are big discrepancies between the sizes. Internet was an extra $15 a day and there was no tea making facilities only coffee. However there was a Starbucks downstairs

Staff were attentive and checked us in early. They were also great with the marathon runners, providing water and ice and managing the many people who were killing time in the lobby before their flights.

The gym facilities were excellent and the pool was nice if parents learnt how to control their children.

The location is excellent for the city with an easy walk to shops restaurants and sights.

There is an excellent little place in the mall for food. Cross over the bridge between the two buildings into the mall and there is a place on your right down a flight of stairs. There you can have breakfast or lunch for a good price and a huge selection of fresh food. (Sorry can't remember the name).

We ate at the Trattoria Newbury twice because it was so good the first time. You can't book but you can wait outside and it shouldn't take you too long. Food is simple and full of flavour and reasonably priced.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us over Marathon weekend. I am pleased to read that our staff was able to exceed your expectations. They are a great bunch and have our guests needs as their top priority. We are close to so many different shops and dining options that there is always something for everyone! I hope that you will stay with us again next time you find yourself in the states.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,079)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

An excellent hotel very central to everything. Super convenient as we were travelling with our 20 month old. The price was quite high but on par for a westin grade hotel in a large city like boston. Our room was a water view with views of Fenway, the water etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a city/water view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to rate us with 5 stars! We truly appreciate your feedback. Our location is ideal when you are traveling with a little one because we are just steps away from so many shops, restaurants and attractions - you never have to stray too far from your home base. Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had all been in Boston for an anniversary party and flying home late Sunday, so the Westin's location was perfect for us (also the late Sunday check-out). It took us more than a 1/2 hour to take care of valet parking and another 1/2 hour to take care of getting our 5 rooms, but then it was perfect. Some of our rooms were on the 10th floor and also (magnificent view) on the 29th. All the special amenities associated with a Westin accommodation were of course there. The only (small) problem I had was the direction arrows for the showers H and C were reversed and I realized that quickly and took care of it.

Room Tip: The way the hotel is designed, most rooms have a great Boston view. Of course, the higher floors al...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happytraveler70-12

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Copley Place, and thank you for your feedback about valet and check-in. We will use it to improve in the future. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We had tickets to see the Boston Bruins game and needed a centrally located and affordable but quality hotel - The Westin Copley Place met all of our requirements and needs including a supper before we left for the game in the hotel bar - we look forward to our return visit and will be sure to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with the accommodations that you were looking for! Our restaurant, Bar 10, has a wide variety of menu choices so there is always something for everyone. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Westin Copley Place often serves as my home away from home. The staff, services, rooms and food are always spot on. They also are great at handling special requests and mobilizing quickly for events. I wish they would bring back the Speakerman dbl shower heads as well as The Palm my two favorite things about this location that are now gone but I still love it there.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms here are Westin standard issue, great mattress and sheets. The hotel has great vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your continued loyalty! We truly appreciate your business. It's true that the Palm has moved its location, but we now have Fogo de Chao which is dynamite. If you haven't had a chance to try it, I highly recommend it! Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stay at a fair number of Westin's for business and like the great a lot. Lat year I was at the Westin in Vancouver, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale and DC.

Unfortunately, my recent stay at the Westin Copley Place in Boston didn't measure up. While the rooms were OK in terms of decor the rest of the property had a worn and tired look. Some cases in point, the door to my bathroom wouldn't stay closed nor would the door to the closet. My colleague who had the room a couple of doors down asked to use my shower as his didn't work - the handle sitting on the bathtub ledge (you would think the maid would have noticed and reported it :-). In addition, not enough plugs - the clock/radio/mpg p[layer on the bed stand was not plugged in because there were not enough outlets (same in my colleagues room).

The staff was once and accommodating but this being Boston, there are just too many excellent options. I'd avoid the Westin Copley till they refresh. However, elsewhere, I'm still a Westin fan

3  Thank wargs7
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the hotel and feedback about your stay. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Westin Hotels have provided for you. Thank you for your comments about the maintenance issues you encountered in your guestroom – I have shared these with our staff and we have taken steps to address them. We do truly appreciate your comments as a business traveler so thank you again for your comments.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know. I can be reached via email at john.wedig@westin.com. Please feel free also to contact me prior to your next arrival so we can make sure your needs are fulfilled for the duration of your stay.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms at the Westin are a bit larger than most hotels and most rooms have wonderful views. The bedding is great and there are lots of towels. The rooms are starting to show their age but still good enough. They have nice rain forest shower heads and add the thoughtful touch of power strips both next to the desk and next to the bed. Far too many hotels make it impossible to plug in a laptop and work while sitting on the bed. The weakness of the hotel is its business center. It is subpar relative to most business class hotels. It consists of two terminals and a printer.

My favorite amenity is the health club. It is large and filled with nice touches. There are about 10 treadmills, 7 elliptical machines, and a couple of stationary bikes. All of the cardio machines have individual tvs. There are also stability balls of various sizes, yoga mats, weights, and various other items. The hotel goes the extra mile with small touches. There are both regular and chilled towels, and they have a sign that notes how many laps in the pool to the mile. There are fresh newspapers in the fitness center every morning and headphones. It is as good as Equinox without the attitude.

The breakfast in the restaurant is excellent. There are buffet and a la carte options. It can be busy on weekends but the service is good and friendly. There are many places to eat and shop within walking distance—certainly all the typical mall stores and a small food court. There are a lot of restaurants dotting the area, but for missing items or snacks for your room, there is a grocery store right across the street (Shaw’s) and a CVS in walking distance. Skip the snack shop in the lobby and go outside. There is a T (subway) stop for the green line, nearby. All in all a convenient spot and efficient choice.

One warning—they do a lot of conventions and I had a "convention party" in the suite next to me. I called the front desk twice and they immediately sent up security each time to attempt to quiet the group down. The second time (at 3:00am) did the trick.

1  Thank runkate

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Copley Place and thank you for your kind review. We are proud of our WestinWORKOUT fitness studio and I am so pleased that you enjoyed it. Next time you visit, you can pack light and stay fit by taking advantage of our New Balance Gear Lending program for only $5. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.