“Perfect location”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Westin Copley Place is a perfect place to stay in Boston. Centrally located to anything you could ever want to see. Staff are courteous and responsive to questions. Room was spacious and comfortable. Price was right too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LJ R
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Copley Place. We appreciate your business. I am thrilled to read that you had a wonderful time while here. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you visit Boston.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,109)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

4 nights at the Westin. Returned from 5 year prior stay mainly for the Heavenly bedding and nearness to Hynes Convention Center. Greeting and unloading of car at check-in a bit rushed causing us to have car brought up from garage 2 days later for forgotten items. Valet car man Cruz remembered us and our service dog every day - the rest of the crew can take lessons from him on smiles and great service. Room was clean and excellent-we spent a lot of time in the room with great view of the city, harbor. Maid service respectful of our service dog and accommodated our cleaning daily to our schedule. 2nd floor lobby personnel all fantastic with questions answered and check-in. Breakfast at The Huntington great. Bar-10 2 days for lunch very good, esp clam chowder, 1/2 chicken, make your own burger. Would recommend this hotel highly. Beware-$49/day for parking (seen on website prior to arriving).

Room Tip: Driving into Boston stressful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Willisdds
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you were able to interact with so many of our associates. They are a great bunch and truly care about our guests and their needs. I hope that you will stay with us again - we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was up visiting Boston for a graduation, and had a great experience at this hotel. From check-in, to the valet, to the dining experience in the hotel restaurant was fantastic. Our check in was very smooth and quick, which after an early morning departure and many hours on the road was a relief. We had lunch in the hotel bar, with fast service and very tasty food (esp. the chipotle aioli, recommend adding to your burger). Valet always had our car ready within a few minutes of calling down for it. Add to that it's central location in Copley, and I would definitely stay here again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter G

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Boston. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful experience. That is truly what we strive for! I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the team, and thank them for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in the Westin Copley last weekend and it is now my new favorite hotel in Boston. Obviously a great location and every person we dealt with on the staff was extremely friends and helpful. The 2 names I remember are Jill and Shazia, both were so helpful, intelligent and curtious. We had large spacious rooms and ordered room service one night which was prompt and delicious. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Boston area.

Room Tip: The suite are very roomy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph C

Joseph,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about our hotel and our staff. Shazia and Jill are truly exceptional and strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. I will let them know that they made a lasting impression on you. Please visit us again soon. Be well.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were there for 5 nights during the Boston marathon in April this year. The front desk was accommodating & the breakfast room restaurant staff was great. Food was wonderful!
The water view from our high floor was beautiful & the sweet sleeper Sheraton/Starwood beds were so so very comfortable. The hotel is attached to a large mall by a walkway over the street below. Would enjoy going back again sometime down the road.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margarete P

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Copley Place. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I completely agree- our beds are so comfortable that I bought one for my bedroom at home! We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were coming in to town for the weekend to catch a Red Sox game, and we were very excited to be staying at The Westin. The location was optimal, right in the heart of Copley Square, walking distance to shops, food the Museum of Fine Art and much more. The staff at the front desk was very curious and helpful, everyone smiled and seemed pretty genuine. Not one of those fake “uppity” type personalities you may run in to at higher end locations.

Once we got to our room the disappointment was hard to hide. The first thing we noticed was the “queen” sized bed was noticeably smaller than any other queen bed we’d ever run in to. If space matters to you, try and ask about a king size bed when booking a room. The second thing I noticed was that there was a door to an adjoining room. I went to inspect the door and make sure that it was locked (I had an experience once at a different hotel, where a family staying in a adjoining room found the door to be unlocked and proceeded to use our bathroom, watch TV and kick up their heels on the bed). As I grabbed the handle for the door, it fell off right in my hand. Not joking. I put the handle back on, and tried to move it up and down, as if opening the door, and it was in fact locked. The two other locks on the door had the screws on so loose, that I could tighten them with my hand just to make sure they didn’t fall off either. Then we get to the windows. There must have been some kind of leak or break in the seal between the window panes, because water and moisture had filled up 2 of the 3 windows. Good thing we only had a view of the roof below, because any possibility for a clear, beautiful view was ruined. The final issue we had was with the bathroom. I was the first to use the shower, and it somehow caused the pipes to start thumping and bouncing around very loudly. Almost like when there is something too heavy in your drier, causing it to be out of balance and it bangs over and over again. At first I thought it might be the fan in the bathroom, so I called to my boyfriend to turn the switch off (which was outside of the bathroom) but that wasn’t it. Once I finished showering the banging stopped so we knew it must have been the pipes. It happened every time we showered.

The hotel overall was wonderful, beautiful, clean and in a great location. We may have had the only less than perfect room in the place, but it was enough to leave me disappointed and have mostly negative things to warn people about if they were to ever tell me they planned a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie M
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Carrie M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide some detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. We also love our location and our staff so I’m pleased to hear that you had such positive experiences with regard to both.

I am however, sorry to hear about the issues you experienced in your room. As hotel manager, I want you to know that we take guest feedback very seriously both during and after a stay so I would welcome the opportunity to get more detail from you in regards to your experience. You can reach me at john.wedig@westin.com. The issues you experienced while in the room are not typical and I regret that you were unable to address these concerns prior to your departure. We would hate to have you stay disappointed with your experience. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed one night recently with friends in a corner, junior suite. Room was huge, location great, and when we had an issue with our toilet, it was resolved immediately. Quick room service. Only 'con' was using the valet - the car took forever to come up to us, and it wasn't a very busy time of day. Found that to be odd. Otherwise, it's a great location and a nice hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your junior suite. Also, thank you for your feedback about valet. I will be sure to address this with the team. I do hope that we will be seeing you again soon.