“Great location, wonderful place to stay”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Beaumont, Texas
“Great location, wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were in Boston for about 5 days and stayed at the Westin. Our room was a wonderful corner room with large windows. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is very convenient to many locations and to the subway, which was a very good way to get around. The service and staff were excellent and I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary H
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for joining us during your recent travel with family to Boston. Glad to hear you enjoyed the room and our very comfortable Heavenly Beds! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin Copley for my reunion and were happy with it. The rooms are big, well appointed and have nice views.

I like the SBUX supplied coffee shop in the lobby and the proximity to Newbury Street and Copley Place (which includes the best shopping in Boston). Since I forgot something, I took advantage of this!

I've stayed here before and would do so again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCD425
Thank you for joining us recently to stay during your reunion and so glad to hear you had a great experience! We hope to welcome you back again next year or maybe sooner.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was top notch! It was immaculate, central to many tourist destinations, and has million dollar views. We were able to check in early, they had great coffee in the room, and a state of the art gym. Although it was a little pricey, I was so impressed.

Room Tip: ask for anything above the 20th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recent stay. As hotel manager, I love to hear this kind of feedback about our amenities and our views - which are some of the best in Boston. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my first time staying at a Westin property, but it certainly won't be my last. The service was impeccable, from the valet parkers, to the bellmen, to the front desk. I was only there for 1 night with 7 other women ranging in age from 23 to 60. We were all very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were so comfortable. The room was so quiet- I never heard anyone out in the hall. The location was perfect. We walked to restaurants and took a short cab ride to a nightclub. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review and I'm pleased to hear that our staff delivered top notch service and you found the room to be comfortable, clean and quiet. I hope you had a wonderful time getting to experience Boston during your visit and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A modern, clean hotel, with distinctive structure, many amenities, nice views, and fast & frequent elevators. A food court and Copley Place stores are linked internally. An exercise pack is only $5. Room WiFi connections were fine. Even conference rates are high, but this hotel certainly pleases.

Green Features: Good idea to have vouchers to encourage conservation.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank efmCalgary_Alberta
Thank you for your recent stay and wonderful feedback. We are very proud of our location and views as well! Glad you also had a satisfactory experience with the in-room wifi and New Balance Gear-Lending program. Thank you again and we hope we can welcome you back soon.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Copley Place for 5 nights at the end of May. I was there for a conference and we upgraded to a Jr. Suite. We were very pleased with our stay in general. The room was very spacious, more than we needed really, but it was worth it to get the view. Looking out one corner we had the Charles River, the other side we had ocean.

The bed is huge and comfortable, except the pillows. I detest ultra-soft pillows, which means I don't like most hotel pillows. As with other places, I had to use 2 to be comfortable, but that was just slightly too much. I just wish hotels would offer more firm pillows. Other than that, nothing but good things to say about the room. Good, standard bathroom, lots of room.

The hotel itself is a typical, big, conference hotel. Elevators were fast except during break times for the conference. The store in the lobby was great, especially the very friendly cashier. A nice small deli-type restaurant to pick up quick things in the morning, like juice, muffins, sandwiches. Though, like everything in the hotel, it was expensive. Big lobby seating area to relax.

We tried room service the first night we were there after 12 hours of commuting and getting in at 9 pm. It was very disappointing and very expensive, but we did do it on our final night and it was slightly better (still too expensive, though), so I wouldn't recommend it unless you were tight for time or just dead tired. However, you have to try the Brazilian steak house. Awesome. You won't regret it (though you may regret the drink they bring around to buy that has fermented pineapple in it that looks like it might be sweet. It isn't. It burns....it burnnnnnnsss).

We didn't have much interaction with any staff, unfortunately. Our check in was perfunctory and orderly, not overly friendly or accomodating, which set off warning bells right away. But the room service people were great and so was our check out. Our check out rep (sorry, forgot his name) went above and beyond to help me with a billing issue that he rectified right away. I wasn't blown away by the concierges, though. My wife did talk to one who provided a lot of good information for us on our walking trips, but the two that I dealt with seemed a bit put off by our questions, didn't smile, just gave us the info we wanted and then turned their back on us to do....something else. We only had housekeeping once as we joined the Green Program to be eco-responsible.

The biggest plus for the hotel, though, is the location. Walking distance to everything, and I mean everything. We walked down town and to the harbour in one direction and then walked to Fenway Park to see a ball game in the other direction. Now, these aren't small, leaisurely walks. They take time, but they are nice walks. We also took trains, so that is an option, too, but we liked the walk (except for how darn cold it was while we were there). Just a perfect, central location for anything and everything in Boston.

Room Tip: If you can splurge, go for the Junior Suite (or better). Lots of room, higher floors, great views.
Green Features: Joined the Green Program and for every day you refused house-keeping, you got either $5 gift certificate in particpating restaurants (I assume the hotel ones) or 500 Starwood Points. Great program and we were glad to participate. We would have anyways, so nice to get a little something out of it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonesy17
Thank you for sharing such detailed, thorough feedback about your recent stay. As hotel manager, I really appreciate when guests take the time to share comments, especially when they are positive. I will also pass along your feedback to our staff as well. And thank you for your comments about our "Make a Green Choice" program and thanks for joining! I agree that our views and location cannot be beat so I'm glad you got to experience both for several days while you visited. I hope you'll get the opportunity to visit again the next time you're in Boston.
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The rooms were a nice size, the beds were comfortable, the view nice, the lobby comfortable for hanging out and doing work. All-in-all a good stay. We were there for an event, so got a good rate. Rack rate is high, but no higher than similar hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom S
Thank you for joining us recently for an event and an overnight stay. Your comments are appreciated and we are glad to hear you had a great stay - we love our rooms as well. We hope to welcome you back in the future.