“One of my favorites”

GreenLeadersBronze level
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Room is spacious and its decor really suits my taste; clean and comfortable. Its location is perfect for city tourists. The only thing disappointed us was that they don't offer free wifi in the room and we had to go to the lobby for wifi. Although its lobby is beautiful, we still prefer to use wifi in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you Beverly for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that our hotel is one of your favorites and that we were able to delight you and your family during your most recent visit. I will share all of your comments - both positive and constructive - with our associates and I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (925)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel is lovely, but it is very expensive. Well situated, close (7min walking) to the Hynes Covention Centre. Several shopping centres, cafes, bars, and supermarket are close by. Relatively clean rooms. Free coffee. However, no free wifi. Very nice but expensive breakfast (almost for everyone something).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenchet T
Thank you Kenchet for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your business stay with us and that you found our property conveniently located for your meetings. To speak to your wifi comment, I invite you during your next visit to take advantage of our complimentary wireless internet in our hotel lobby. On behalf of my colleagues at Westin Copley Place, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location, clean, best beds and their service is top notch. From front desk, housekeeping to bartenders. Thank you to Satch for going to three different bars for me when your station was out of my blueberry beer!!
When I go to another city, I will be staying at a Westin!

• Stayed August 2014
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Many thanks for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor! I'm delighted to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and that our staff - from our associates at the front desk to our team of bartenders - took such great care of you. I will happily share your review with Satch and our entire hotel team. I hope that your next stay at a Westin is as pleasurable as this experience was, and please do return for another visit with us soon.
Segrate, Italy

It's all ok BUT
in all westin hotels we didn't have free internet in the room!! (only in the lobby)
The only hotel in a long trip in usa and canada!!!

And i think we'll never choose Westin for this reason : during a trip it's necessary to have !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing with us fredsegrate. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay enough to give us a four star rating and that you similarly found our hotel clean and service accommodating. I am sorry that you were frustrated by the internet situation in your room, but I do hope that you found the complimentary wireless internet in our lobby at least a workable alternative. For the positive ratings listed above, I do hope that you consider us in the future.
ft lauderdale
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I came to boston for a few days with the family to see the sights. Our friends are staying at the marriott, but I thought the westin would be a little nicer. We booked a jr suite. The room looked nice when we checked in but had a very musty smell. We were tired from travel and did not complain. We called room service for dinner and they told us we had the wrong menu and they would bring a new one up. The "new" menu had food spilled on the pages that made them stick together. The next morning, I looked in the mini bar and there was a box from Mikes Pastries. We're they offering the delicious north end treats to guests? No! It was a box of moldy baked goods left from a previous guest! Gross! I called the front desk and they assured me that they would do what they called an "absent move" while we were out for the day and put us in a different comparable room. I came back at 2:30 and went to the front desk to get keys for my new room. They were not familiar with my situation, no room was available, and my stuff was not moved as promised. After getting keys to another room, I went up and waited for my bags which finally arrived. 10 min later there was a knock on the door from room service. They came in with a cake, some pretzels, and a couple of beers. A nice gesture for my troubles, I thought. But wait....they also handed me a card addressed to nancy. I'm not nancy! Snacks brought to wrong room! They took them away! Thought my kids were going to cry. They did bring a couple cookies back because they felt bad. Overall, disappointing. Should have stayed at Marriott because I got days inn service.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you jaggie617 for writing a review about your recent experience. I am extremely disappointed to hear that you had such a difficult stay with us. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your time with us and to personally address each of your concerns. Do not hesitate to contact me at john.wedig@westin.com. Please do know that all of your feedback has been shared with our front office and food and beverage departments; we are working hard to ensure that scenarios like these do not occur in the future. Once again, my sincerest apologies and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the not too distant future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I used to be top level in the Starwood program but shifted my loyalty between Hilton and Marriott because of issues like I experienced at the Westin.

The property is fine, I paid $35 to upgrade to a junior suite before arriving. Check-in was smooth and the people friendly enough but since I am no longer used to being ripped off to use the internet, I was surprised that there was basic (read “slow”) internet and premium (read “average” internet for an even higher price. I never pay at a Hilton property because of my status. Makes no sense that you can get internet fast enough to stream video at any garden variety Hampton Inn but have to pay a basic fee and a surcharge at a supposedly premium hotel. Another issue - $51 for overnight parking seems a bit over the top.

No argument with the property in general – good location and nice room. The bathroom lighting is a bit dark and I had to call to get shampoo.

The above issues are minor but there is the other problem. As long as Westin continues to charge premium room rates and still tries to harvest an extra nickel and dime from things like two tiered internet rates, I won’t stay at another Westin unless there is NO other option

Room Tip: Ask to face Copley Square
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lithiumsan
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our staff welcoming and check-in process seamless. I also am pleased to read that you rated our location highly. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations regarding the parking and internet charges. We do offer complimentary wireless internet in our hotel lobby which many guests take advantage of. I will share all of your feedback with our team and I hope that you do decide to give us another chance in the future.
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Westin Copley is my hotel of choice, the rooms are immaculate (especially the corner suite on the 42nd floor), it's made for a kind and the servos is awesome and the amenities are more than you can ask for. You most stay here and please do t leave until you have breakfast, MAKE YOUR OWN OMLETS and they're delicious along with everything else. I only live 20 miles north of Boston but I prefer the Westin rather than driving home tired. Well worth the Benjamin's. ENJOY!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Shaun1228
I am overjoyed to read that we are your hotel of choice Shaun1228 and that we can be your home away from home whenever it is most convenient for you. I agree that our breakfast at Huntington is quite delicious and that our views are enjoyed by an overwhelming number of our guests. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.