“Another great stay here...” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #31 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another great stay here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit and we really enjoyed it once again.

It is a great location and a nice hotel overall.

I emailed beforehand to request a king bed and when arrived at checkin the lady confirmed this for me. When I got to our room it seemed to be a huge corner room with full window across two large walls, and a larger floor space than the rooms I've stayed in before. This was great as I noticed when booking that corner rooms were at least $100 more room rate. So this was a great bonus.

My only negative would be that the soundproofing in the rooms is extremely poor. The door of the rooms although is heavy and shuts tight, does not meet the floor so there is a substantial gap where all sound from the surrounding corridors/guests is fully audible. Surely this is an easy fix with a raised ledge at the door.

Secondly the lack of free wifi in the rooms for such an upmarket hotel is quite poor. I have stayed at other fantastic competing hotels hilton/sofitel all which have complimentary wifi throughout the hotel.
Although there is free wifi in the lobby it's extremely poor quality and drops connection frequently.

However another pleasant stay and we would return if we visit Boston again in the future

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you Chloe for your review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your third stay with us and that you appreciated your corner room with great views of the city. I do apologize that you were dissatisfied with aspects of your room's soundproofing and wifi signal in the lobby. Feedback like this is extremely valuable as we continue to make improvements to our property and we rely on comments from our guests when making these decisions. I am glad to hear that you will return to see us in the future and thank you again for sharing!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (886)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Westin Copely Place for Labor Day weekend. Her flight got into Boston early in the morning and they were very accomodating, we were pleasantly surprised that they let her check in around 8-9am. We stayed in a room on the 26th floor with a king size bed. The view was spectacular! The room was clean. The bathroom was small but manageable. The one horrible thing was the shower--it was literally the worst shower I've been in. The showerhead was a rain shower head and the ceiling was so high that it was more like a drizzle. I had such a hard time rinsing out my hair and I had to use the hand-held part to wash my face. Overall, my experience at the Westin was fine but nothing to write home about. The biggest plus is location--it's a short walk to Newbury Street and the mall, which bumped up my rating of the hotel to 4 stars.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Molly for your TripAdvisor contribution. I am glad that you and your friend enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us - including our hotel's prime location and room's spectacular views of the city. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your rain shower experience and I will share this valuable insight when my colleagues when it comes time to make enhancements to our hotel's fixtures and furnishings. I appreciate your feedback and I do hope that you will return to visit us in the near future.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I booked a Sat thru Tues night when I had originally booked my stay at the the Copley Place. Received my confirmation via email and placed in my folder until my trip. While checking in, Hotel Agent Cristina Perez-Gomes told me I was only booked until Mon, checking out Tues. I showed her my confirmation I had printed and both my confirmation and hotle computer showed Mon night. I showed the agent what I had wrote down while booking over the phone (provided agents name), and what the agent told me. Agent said I would have to pay extra for Tues night bec/ the way it was set up by the folks who planned the event. I was ok with that when I booked it and never reviewed my confirmation forms bec/ I knew what we had just discussed. Cristina Perez-Gomes was so polite and worked with me to ensure our stay is what we wanted. I was so worried I wouldn't have a room on Tues night and she did a little clicking, gave us a big smile and said "you are all taken care of". What a relief. You have a great employee in Cristina. She is an asset to your company. I know she knows how much we appreciated her efforts. I hope this reaches her but if not at least her company will know she did a great job. Thanks Cristina!!

Room Tip: No fan in the bathrooms to take the steam out. Have to leave the door open.
Green Features: The hotel if very clean. Nices views from the higher rooms. I can't think of any environmentally practices off the top of my head.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your very thoughtful comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled to read that Cristina made your check-in experience, and overall stay, such a joy and I will absolutely share all of your specific comments with her and our entire hotel team. To speak to your comments about our environmental practices, we do have an entire program that we are very committed to at the hotel called "Make a Green Choice" which is aimed to help us reduce water, electricity and energy consumption. In exchange for participating in this program, we provide each of our guests with either 500 loyalty Starpoints or a $5 voucher at our participating food and beverage outlets for each night of your stay. Be sure to ask any of our associates for more details about this program during your next stay with us!
Salisbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We just got back from a two night "minimoon" at the Westin Copley. Service was top notch, as usual. The location is perfect and located within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The Heavenly Bed makes for the perfect night's rest. Special thanks to Shana for making our trip extra special, upgrading us to a corner suite with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. What a wonderful surprise! I couldn't have been happier with our stay. This Westin is highly recommended and we will be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for contributing a review on TripAdvisor! I am absolutely thrilled to read that your "minimoon" stay with us was so terrific - from the comfort of your bed to the service you received - and that Shana was able to make your time extra special. I am delighted that you will be back with us again. On behalf of my colleagues at the hotel, we sincerely appreciate your recommendation.
Swarthmore, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotel is in a great location for shopping, dining and seeing the city. There are many great shops and restaurants just outside the hotel. The concierge people were the best I have encountered. They gave great recommendations and were extremely helpful, Housekeeping could use some improvement. Our room was dusty and they left the room service table in front of the door for over 24 hours. People dropped their trash on it all day. Not pleasant. The room was a typical hotel room, but the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of comfortable pillows. It was fairly quiet and we did not hear much noise from the hallway or the street. Room service was very quick and they made hot fudge sundaes for us even though they were not on the menu. I would stay there again for the location and the comfortable bed.

Room Tip: High floor
Green Features: Many green options and practices. They give you 500 points each day that you do not have housekeeping. We did not choose this option though.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Lynn for sharing a review of your August stay with us! I already see that many TripAdvisor readers have found your reviews helpful and I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was an overall positive one. In particular, I'm delighted that you found our concierge staff so helpful and accommodating. I am sorry that you were slightly disappointed with our housekeeping staff, and I will share your constructive comments with our team so that we can improve our service delivery in the future. On behalf of the entire hotel team, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again to Boston soon!
Damascus, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We just returned from a four day stay at the Westin. It was a wonderful hotel. Upon arriving, we immediately noticed the friendliness of the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Junior Suite. It was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The only small thing missing was a microwave, which would have been great for our 8-month old. Aside from that, everything was perfect. The bed was very comfortable and our 5 year-old enjoyed sleeping on the big couch. The cleaning staff was great. Aside from being really efficient in cleaning the room, they also stopped by to ask if we needed anything, which was great because we ran low on the coffee. There are a few restaurant choices in the hotel, but we pretty much stuck to Ingredients, because it had simple stuff to grab-and-go. The hotel also connects to the mall via a skywalk, so we walked over to Au Bon Pain for breakfast and lunch.

The hotel was also perfectly situated for our needs, because we had to visit Northeastern's campus (15 minute walk from the hotel). It was right across the street from Copley Square and about 15 minutes from Boston Public Garden. Most of the streets around the hotel are very walkable with lots of choices for restaurants, cafes, and shopping. We had a great dinner at City Table, which is only like 5 minutes from the hotel. The hotel also has a very nice pool and a wonderful gym. The gym is as big as I have come across in a hotel. They have all types of free weights and machines, as well as 25-30 pieces of cardio equipment. It was a great way to start a day.

Overall, the Westin was terrific and we loved our stay here.

Room Tip: We found our suite through Expedia and seemed to save a good amount of money.
      Location
1 Thank RooRLB
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you so much for sharing such a thorough review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of our property, from the friendliness of our staff to our hotel's rooms, location and fitness facilities. I know that many of the travelers looking for places to stay in Boston will appreciate reading your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon for another visit.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Although I'm a Westin fan, this particular Westin is not one that is high on my list. It's in a great location but other than that I think it is lacking compared to other properties of at similar price points.

The minuses:

- Check in staff is not real friendly at all and the process seems akin to buying a bus ticket. Not Westin-like.
- The rooms feel dated, the decor is bland and darkish.
- The lighting in the rooms is horrid. With every light on in the room it was dark and dingy feeling. I know everyone is going to those CF lights but it's like this hotel has chosen a brand or brightness that just awful.
- Bathroom is tiny.
- Decor in the hallways and public areas bland - browns and beiges everywhere - and lighting that again is poor.

Positives:
- The bar folks were good.
- Doormen were good.

In all, not much to happy about.

Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Dave M for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear that you found our doormen and bartenders welcoming and attentive during your stay, and that you found our hotel ideally located. I am sorry to hear that your check-in experience did not meet your expectations and that you were not happy with your room's decor. Please do know that I share TripAdvisor comment with our staff and we will use this valuable feedback when looking to make enhancements to our property. I hope that you do give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the near future.