“Fantastic service on short notice”

Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here after a flight cancellation caused by a snowstorm. After sitting in the airport for two hours hoping that my flight would not be cancelled, I used my phone to look for places close to the airport as my flight was rebooked for 9 AM the following morning. I prefer to get to the airport early, eat some breakfast and relax before boarding,

I booked the room using the Hyatt iOS app. It was a little difficult as I had to re-enter data if I missed a field, but I finally got it booked. I called and was told where to catch the free shuttle from Logan Int'l. Snow was heavy so I did have to wait a while for the shuttle, but the driver was very friendly upon arrival and apologized for the delay. The shuttle was filled with accidental tourists due to the delay so I looked forward to a long wait to check in.

Upon arrival, it took a mere 15 minutes to get to the front of the line and checked in. I observed a restaurant worker assist with communications with a French speaking couple who had been stranded due to a cancellation. They appeared to be well cared for. I know I was. I was able to negotiate a slightly lower rate and sent on my way to my room. The room had a wonderful view of the snow from a very large window. Just breathtaking. The room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom had everything I needed.

I went to the grill looking for a desert. They had the most delicious pumpkin custard I have ever had. The service was excellent and quick even though I was a carry out customer and the grill was filled. The staff wore smiles all around and the custard was ready in just a few minutes. I highly recommend the custard!

The shuttle to the airport was on time and driven safely.

I would definitely stay here again. However, next time I would probably look for my room using the Hotel Tonight app on my iPhone. The friendly couple who waited in front of me to check in used it and got a heck of a rate. Great experience all around.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Crescendo59
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Words can't describe how magnificent this place is. The staff here is very friendly and always willing to help you. The accommodations provided in the rooms were perfect, very clean and comfortable services. The location of the hotel on airport premises makes it convenient for first-time travelers. The Boston skyline can be best viewed from this hotel's location. If your a plane enthusiast, the other side of the Hotel faces the airport perfect for photography. The views from this Hotel were perfect for me to take some night time Boston skyline shots with my Rebel T3i. During my future visits to Boston, I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GuestGroup
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is my second visit to Hyatt Harborside. The location adjacent to Logan airport is fantastic. The shuttle is frequent and comfortable to airport. The room was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. Ease of check in and check out was excellent, the staff very kind and helpful. Upon check out I expressed some disappointment in the service charge to use the business center ( I did not realize that boarding passes could be printed at no charge in the lobby ), I also mentioned that the bath towels were sub par thin non absorbant. Where I was generally pleased and told the desk clerk that, I had wanted to merely give a heads up regarding some minor improvements. I was very surprised and very impressed that my breakfast charge was removed. I in no way expected this and feel that it speaks very highly to Hyatt's committment to customer service. I will definately return and reccomend Hyatt without exception.

Room Tip: City views are more, but a spectacular view, worth the price
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I came to the Hyatt as a transitional hotel to visit Grandpa on Cape, flights cancelled for FIVE days. From letting us check out at almost FOUR on the day the storm came in so that we could get to the Cape after we called to see what actives were available to being AMAZING every day as I sit in the lobby restaurant in my pj's for FIVE hours every morning while my kids stay on California time missing a week of school. Kids eat for free and even though my oldest daughter is obviously past the cut-off they made a point of having her qualify anyway. This literally saved us HUNDREDS of dollars over the WEEK were there. EVERYTHING has been SIMPLY AMAZING and part of the reason why my Southern California Kids had a good time being stuck in Boston with weather in the TEENS!!! Thank You to the Hyatt...when I start having conferences again...you will be my EAST COAST hub!!!

Room Tip: 1125 is on the end on the harbor side...and don't forget to take the water taxi!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dana g
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I always love to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel last evening for a business meeting, and had to share my experience. It was very easy to get to, and the parking convenient. There were many stranded travelers roaming about -because of the winter weather, yet they all seemed happy. That's because the staff is so attentive, and the facilities are so comfortable. The rooms are modern and very nice. The best part is the spectacular view of the city. I realize this hotel is not in the heart of Boston, however I would consider it, nonetheless for any travel --business or pleasure- taking you into Boston.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William D
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I used this hotel as a overnight while stuck in Boston. Great front desk staff. Easy shuttle between airport and hotel. Nice comfortable rooms. Clean bath. I have stayed here before and it continues to perform. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank leroyk
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Most of my complaints are probably with the hyatt company, not the actual hotel. First, you only get one hour of wi-fi and this is limited to social networking and emails. Without an American cell phone, I was forced to contact people via a long distance phone call. I made a 2 minute phone call to my sister that was 10 dollars. For the price, it is RIDICULOUS to not have free wifi.
The view is incredible and yes, I didn't hear any outside noise. I looked over the Boston Harbor and it was quite nice. Another plus was the list of all amenities that you could keep or borrow including slippers, a foam pillow, eye makeup remover and many others.
The shuttle goes every 15 minutes, but it is not at any regular times. If you want to leave at 4:30, you should get down there at 4:20 or so. The shuttle also goes to the metro and seemed to be more readily available.
The entrance to the hotel was very slippery with the snow storm. I commented on this to the front desk but did not see any action taken. Also, I arrived to see a table full of breakfast dishes from room service next to the elevator at 2pm. It was still there when I returned at 6pm. Gross.
The bathroom had some mildew in the tiles and the towels weren't of a quality I would expect from a hotel that is 200/night. It just wasn't worth the price. However, the proximity to the airport is fantastic, and thats their selling point. I won't stay at a Hyatt again.

Room Tip: The harbor side is gorgeous. I think its the odd numbers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business