“Overall good stay. Would repeat/recommend.”

Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel room and common areas were very nice. The front desk staff very friendly/helpful. I did not have a car and did go into downtown once per day. For this, taking the water taxi is quick and enjoyable and easy (buy ticket at front desk, they call taxi, you walk out to boat). Trying to do the hotel shuttle to airport to catch Silver Line or to T to catch the T was not a great option, as I had to wait 10-15 minutes just for the hotel shuttle to the airport. (It is on a continuous loop, so I am sure some people had no wait at all).

The soda machines on the guest room floors were not well stocked.

I would return here if it still offered a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Literally the only positive thing I can think of in regards to this hotel is it's proximity to Logan Airport. It's right around the corner and the commute is minimal. After that, it's all downhill.

While taking our luggage to our room, the bellhop offered to assist us. Fair enough, but we replied that no, we were fine. The bellhop proceeded to ignore us and start loading our luggage onto a cart. We protested a couple more times, but he continued to act like he didn't hear us, so we gave up. When we arrived at the door of our room, we told the bellhop we could take it from there. As I approached the door to unlock it, the bellhop took the key card from my hand, opened the door, and walked all the way into our room to unload our luggage. He opened the curtains, gave us a speech about the facility, and waited around awkwardly for a tip. If someone had requested this service, then all is well and good. However, we are very quiet and private people and specifically asked him several times to let us handle ourselves. So, taking luggage from our hands, barging into our room, and waiting around for a tip was entirely unacceptable. Not a very good start to our evening. We also discovered the following problems with our room:

1. The bathroom was downright grimy. I had been looking forward to a nice bath, but the stains in the tub forced me to take a shower and touch as little as possible.

2. The room was very warm and stuffy. I turned the thermostat down little by little, until it wouldn't let me go any lower. It was still almost as stuffy when we left as when we arrived.

3. Supposedly, after 10 pm or so, people are supposed to be quiet in the hallways. At around 11:30 pm, we could hear room service coming to a neighbor's door, laughing and chatting very loudly for several minutes before leaving.

Finally, I have some practical comparisons that make this hotel even less of a value than it already is. In many hotels, for $100 cheaper a night, you can get:

1) Free unlimited Wifi. Unfortunately, at Hyatt Boston Harbor, you get 1 hour of free Wifi and are billed for any additional use.

2) A mini fridge. Don't plan on having this at the Hyatt Boston Harbor.

3) Free parking. At the Hyatt Boston Harbor, standard parking is nearly $40 for a one-night stay.

4) Finally, and most importantly for me, a clean room!

We won't be staying here again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Your money is best spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Astro90
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a response. I am very disapointed to hear about your experience with us. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss with you in further. Please feel free to reach me at 617-568-1234 or email me at michael.hickey@hyatt.com

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've stayed many nights at the Hyatt Boston Harbor on layovers, and it has always been excellent! The staff is professional and welcoming, I love the local items on the room service menu, and even being on the top floor, I have never been woken my plane noise. Plus, the view of Boston across the harbor is gorgeous. I like to leave the curtains open when I sleep so that the sun reflecting off the buildings downtown wakes me in the morning. Always a view worth rising early! If you have time to go downtown, you can easily catch the water taxi or the shuttle will take you over the subway station.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here 4 nights in mid-May. Shuttle arrived less than 10 minutes after we called. Check in was fast and pleasant Complimentary upgrade to harbor view room. View was incredible! Room was clean and comfortable. Ate 1 dinner and 1 breakfast in restaurant. Food was good but typical business hotel pricey. The side door is maybe 20 yards from the water taxi dock and the MBTA shuttle stop. We did the water taxi over to downtown daily but silver line from the airport would have worked easily too. I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. We have stayed at a couple of Loew's properties, a 4 Seasons, a Ritz and a couple of Disney's deluxe resorts over the past year and the service here put all of those to shame. Called for an extra blanket the first night... 3 minutes later 2 are delivered. Wanted some extra coffee in room, less than 5 minutes it was there with cups and cream. Every request we had was met with a smile and a "Can I get you anything else?" Rained one afternoon as I got off water taxi. Staff member leaving work for the day sees me dashing up the ramp and comes with umbrella and walks me back inside.
The only downside to the hotel was the limited dining options. Nothing nearby except the airport so we figured out we needed to eat before we headed back across the harbor. But all in all this was an excellent hotel with an exceptional staff and a great value.

Room Tip: Ask if a harbor room is available
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Your comments echo what so many of our guests tell us, that our customer service sets us apart from the rest and I couldn't be more proud. We constantly strive to ensure all our guests have all their expectations met when they stay with us. We hope to delight you again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. The views are unparalleled and the staff is warm and very professional. The rooms are very well appointed and the baths are beautiful. We wished there had been a swimming pool for the kids and the one hour of free internet is not very family friendly, but we would stay here again in a heartbeat. The water taxi service from the hotel's dock is an exceptional amenity and it is a great way to experience an inconvenient city when you are just staying overnight at Logan. I much prefer to stay next to the terminal and take the water taxi over rather than stay in the city itself, especially if a hotel can be comfortable and luxurious - which this Hyatt very much is. I see that it is currently ranked #40 of all Boston hotels and that is probably too low. I believe it really is one of the top 15 hotels in the city - thanks to the location, staff and quality. Also, a good value for that ranking. Max at the front desk delivered an especially warm and professional welcome and another young woman at the front desk (who may have been from The Netherlands) was also very warm and professional. The free airport shuttle is also a great support for a layover situation. I would highly recommend this beautiful Hyatt.

Room Tip: Of course, if you can get a harbor view room, you will be ECSTATIC. These are the best views in all...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived very late & tired from the UK! We Found the room on the top floor to be extremely comfortable and the beds simply to die for! The pillows and sheets were beautifully soft. Staff were very attentive from reception to waiting staff in the dining room in the morning, the shuttle bus very prompt and views across the harbour at night just breathtaking..... A perfect stay for the low price paid via Hotwire.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank UKUK-Traveller
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Hyatt Boston Harbor is located next to Logan Airport. The rooms are small but nice.... only issue is you can hear when people talk in the corridors and when they open/close doors. Tends to get noisy if you have a room near the elevators. The Boston Harbor View Rooms have good views.

Breakfast is good and the hotel has a nice patio overlooking the harbor. Definitely recommend for stays near the airport. A bit of a trek into Boston itself.

Small but ok gym

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear about your experience here at the Hyatt Boston Harbor. I am disapointed to hear about the noise issues you experienced. We will be undergoing a room renovation later this year that is expected to address the noise issues our rooms have. Renovation will be complete mid-March and we would love to have you back for a second chance.