“Hot tomatoes- never again.”
Review of Hot Tomatoes - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I live in the north end and my boyfriend and I order out a lot as well as dine in at the many restaurants this beautiful part of Boston has to offer. We wanted to try a new place and chose Hot Tomatoes to order from. We went to their website and were excited at the many options. We placed our order of two sandwiches and two soups. When the food was delivered we quickly realized we had only received one of the two sandwiches we had ordered. We checked the online receipts and confirmed we had correctly ordered and then checked our online bank and saw we were charged the same price.

We immediately called and spoke to the manager - a female. She was very unwilling to help in any way and practically hung up on us. She said "call delivery express that's who your ordered through". We called her back and explained the number she gave us didn't even work. She stated there was nothing she could do and that our order went through a company they pay to take the online orders. She said on "her end" it showed only one sandwich. She said "what do you want me to do give you a free sandwich?" we said no we'd like the sandwich we paid for! After about 15 mins of a going back and fourth and feeling very frustrated she said she had "other customers" and hung up. They did deliver us another sandwich but we were honestly afraid to eat it...wondering if something was done to it.

The first sandwich we did eat and it was pretty good. The "hearty" soup was plain chicken soup with hard rice.

Like I said NEVER AGAIN.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I got the chicken parm sub when I was last in and it was huge and scrumptious! The whole place is very cute. It is out of my way so I can't often get over there but I hope to go back again soon. Everything smells so delicious and it makes you starving the second you walk in (even if you weren't hungry).

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Ordered home delivery of the Meat Packing District pizza, Pretty good!
But unlikely to re-order. The Buffalo wings and tomato soup was average.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

Small restaurant tucked away but the food was delicious and the staff were very friendly. The portions are big! Stayed 6 nights in Boston and ate here twice and loved it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook