“Absolutely incredible!”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 3,245 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: Northern Avenue & Seaport Lane
Transit: World Trade Center Silver Line
WORCESTER
“Absolutely incredible!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

After attending a performance of Cirque Du Soleil our group took a walk and decided to eat at Morton's Steakhouse. My husband and I have been to the one in Atlantic City and knew we could expect a good meal but dinner was better than expected and it was incredible. To start with it was a Friday night and we had not made reservations. They were accommodating and were able to get us a table quickly. The dining room has a nice set of windows that look out to the harbor. Next the waitress, Kristann, was fantastic. There were 4 of us and she made sure we had everything we needed and was full of personality. The wine menu was extensive and I thought priced okay for a high end restaurant. They had one of my favorite wines, Cotes Du Rhone, Parallel 45. Bob the manager delivered the wine and he was really friendly as well. The food was absolutely delicious. As we ate we all kept talking about how mind blowing good our meals were. Everything was cooked perfectly. We ended with dessert and drinks. I have to say the carrot cake was the best dessert I have ever had, EVER. So moist and rich and full of flavor. The carrot cake was enough for 2-3 people to share. I will tell people that look at the prices, yes it is a pricier restaurant but it is worth every penny.

• Turkish first
Norwich
“Divine Steak!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

There was a group of nine of us, we had a hot and cold plater for 6 people to start and then everyone had a main meal.

The steak was simply divine, and very well cooked. I would recommend you order plenty of sides to share otherwise all you will get is a lump of meat

The staff are excellent and cannot do enough to help and i would recommend you trust their menu recommendations.

Based on our bill I would not expect anyone to walk out with a bill for any less than $100 per head, but hey it is worth it!

Bowdoinham, Maine
“Best kept secret for lunch in Boston!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Don't be intimidated by the $$$$ classification of this traditional, always high quality steakhouse. They have a great reasonably priced lunch menu & a classy quiet environment for catching up with friends. Steak salads show case the Morton's specialty but are light. Morton's coffee is a great way to end the meal. If you are lucky, you'll get Levi for your waiter. The maître de will also have sight seeing tips for you. Wonderful place for mid day break from whatever you are doing in Boston.

benbrook, texas
“not as good as it should have been”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

ok, scallops were pretty good, first time to have eaten there not as good as graces here or line camp in tolar.

Visited June 2014
Boston
“Food was good, service was subpar”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I went here for our anniversary, and after being to several high end steak houses in Boston, we were anxious to try Morton’s.
My wife’s steak came out overcooked, which was promptly replaced with a correctly cooked one. After the correction, both of our steaks were delicious, but I was a bit surprised that a steakhouse could not get the temperature correct. Truth be told, my steak was also overcooked (I asked for medium and it came medium well) but it was still delicious and I didn’t bother saying anything. The sides were decent; however the twice baked au gratin potatoes had too many scallions, which overpowered the flavor of the dish. The head waiter and manager were both very friendly and helpful; however our waiter apparently did not go to the same school. Our waiter was loud and unprofessional, and appeared to be more interested in the larger tables than taking care of us. Our waiter mentioned four separate times that he was taking care of our desert since it was a special occasion (I think it was actually Morton’s that was taking care of it). We had no idea what he was even ordering for us, which was a bit odd I felt. After we finished eating dinner, we sat with dirty dishes in front of us for ten minutes, even though the waiter passed our table and saw the plates twice. I ended up having to ask the head waiter to clear the plates, as well as wife’s empty cocktail glass which had been empty on the table for about 20 minutes. Our waiter returned and made a comment to us explaining why he didn’t pick up the plates sooner, which made both of us feel very awkward. On a positive note, the gentleman who fills the water was very friendly, and our water glasses were never more than half empty.
The mystery desert finally came, and ended up being a Chocolate Soufflé. The Soufflé was rather bland and barely had a chocolate flavor, plus it had a gritty texture due to some of the sugar not being fully mixed. Since we were not paying for the desert, we didn’t bother to say anything, but it was a letdown regardless. Perhaps the waiter could have let us actually pick our desert, rather than trying to look like a hero and choose something for us. It’s a good thing we don’t have any food allergies! Similar to dinner, we again sat with dirty plates in front of us, even after the waiter delivered the bill. There ended up being an error on the bill which after bringing it to his attention, the waiter had it fixed, but I don’t like having to audit the bill. Oh and my wife’s overcooked steak was still on the bill, which I was a bit surprised about. Typically in nicer restaurants, if a mistake in cooking is made the restaurant will offer something more than just a replacement. I would never ask for a comp, and the steak ended up being delicious, however I was a little surprised at the level of service at this restaurant.
I honestly think that if we had a different waiter, our experience would have been better, but we were no so fortunate. That said I doubt we will be back to this Morton’s any time soon, due to the subpar service. There are far better steakhouses in Boston that have much better service.

1 Thank jefflikestravel