Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
2,156 results
All reviewsfaneuil hallgreat locationquincy marketthe financial districtfreedom trailthe north endwithin walking distanceking suitecontinental breakfastshort walkcorner roomstandard roomwould definitely stay here againan upgradevalet parkingcentral locationstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Checked in for 1 night on Saturday, November 30th and was definitely looking forward to staying here. Check in was quick and efficient, the room was at a perfect temperature when we checked in and the mattresses/pillows were comfortable. The 1 window in the room had absolutely no view but it wasn't a big deal since we were only there to sleep.

As stated in all other reviews, hotel is 2 blocks from Faneuil Hall and wasn't very far for us to walk to the Boston Opera House where we were going to see The Nutcracker.

On Sunday morning at 8:30 am I was rudely awoken by a women singing at the top of her lungs (no exaggeration). At first I thought she was waiting for the elevator and it would stop in a moment. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. The woman was in the room directly across the hall. I attempted to call the front desk about it but both of the phones in the room didn't work. You had a dial tone, but pushing the Front Desk, Guest Request or 0 buttons did nothing to get me to the Front Desk.

After calling them from my cell phone and Michael at the front desk verifying my information, he apologized and someone went to her room to ask her to quiet down. I'm sorry but 8:30 on a Sunday morning is a little too early for her American Idol audition.

We elected to order breakfast and the room service girl wasn't even in a uniform. Skinny jeans, Ugg boots and a regular t-shirt with no name tag. A $53 breakfast bill and the food had absolutely no taste. Scrambled eggs and home fries were bland. My friend said her tea was awful and they didn't even bring any condiments or milk for it. We hardly ate anything and left the hotel shortly after.

While valet was quick to bring the car to the front, we had to stand outside in the cold rain because no one was around to give my friend her keys. They also sandwiched her car so tightly between 2 other cars it was difficult to get out.

Unfortunately I'm not sure I would stay again. For a 4 Diamond hotel, having inoperable phones, a wildly overpriced and bland breakfast and a room service employee not in uniform is not at all what I expected. Oh and the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom by the shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed 28 November 2013

There were four of us in one room for almost a week during Thanksgiving. We booked an "oversized double" which was a great size for us. The only downside was a lack of storage for 4 people in the room. Though the room was large, the closet was really small for 4 (they did bring us plenty of hangers) and there were only 4 small drawers plus 2 bedside drawers.

There were 2 chairs in the room and a small table. One more chair would be nice (we probably could have asked for one as the staff was super accommodating to all of our needs).

The room was clean, though signs of some water damage were near the windows, and one of the sink handles leaked when it was on. The hand towel rack popped off during our visit, but the engineer came right up and fixed it.

So again, I would actually stay here again because of the location and service and large rooms -- oh and great amenities (big fridge in room and safe). Having a decent restaurant in the hotel was nice too, plus they have a gym and and wi-fi free in the lobby (you have to pay in your room unless you just ask for the code and you're a Hilton Honors member).

It's a solid hotel overall and I'd recommend it! Just don't expect perfection in the physicality of these older rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A nice property right in the heart of downtown boston. Just 2 miles from the airport. No need to rent a car if staying in Boston. Faneuil Hall 1 block away. Full service restaurant with a nice long bar. The king bed room was very spacious for a city hotel. very clean. I would stay again no problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

From the time we got out of the cab to the time we checked out, this hotel was perfect! The room was amazing - great beds, windows, bathroom. The front desk and bellman were attentive. Great pub recommendations too. I am a travel agent and will recommend this hotel to my corporate and vacation clients. Everything is within walking distance! Thanks, Brian for a great weekend! You staff is wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

A bit pricey, but ideally located for a short trip to Boston. Very close to the Waterfront, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, Heritage Trail, Boston Common. Excellent inclusive breakfast enough to set you up for the day. Comfortable rooms. Friendly service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family