“Perfect Location!!!”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend the day after Thanksgiving and found it to be perfect in every way. The suite we had was spacious with lots of sitting room, there was a minibar you could request and a mini fridge with a sink and coffee maker. The staff was very helpful and prompt and responded quickly to our requests. We were in town to shop, eat, drink and be merry and this hotel was in the perfect location. We were 3 blocks from Quincy Market, a ten minute walk from China Town and a 30 minute walk or 15 minute MTA ride from the Museum of Science. We had dinner in the North End and that was a short walk as well. We were able to store our bags the next day while we shopped and awaited the departure of our bus back home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay in Boston and will return again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived very early due to bus schedules and had expected to have our luggage stored while we went site seeing and shopping. However, our room choice was available, so we were able to check in immediately which was a nice surprise. The staff was fantastic and very helpful. We were out and about most of the day but enjoyed the room when we were there. It was great having a refrigerator to store beverages. We had to request more towels because there were not enough (not sure why they only put 4 towels in a suite that sleeps 6) but they brought them up immediately. The telephones also did not work but they also took care of that immediately. The next day we wanted to wander around Boston but we weren't catching the bus until evening. We were able to store our bags at the hotel which was great. The entire staff was helpful and nice. We plan to make this a yearly trip with friends and hope to extend our stay to two nights and reserve a two bedroom suite in the future!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent one night at the Hilton Downtown and I have nothing but positive things to say about my experiences. My room was clean and spacious, and I was particularly impressed by the bathroom. The location was perfect for a night in Boston, and the staff was able to quickly address any questions I had. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experiences.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Checked in for 1 night on Saturday, November 30th and was definitely looking forward to staying here. Check in was quick and efficient, the room was at a perfect temperature when we checked in and the mattresses/pillows were comfortable. The 1 window in the room had absolutely no view but it wasn't a big deal since we were only there to sleep.

As stated in all other reviews, hotel is 2 blocks from Faneuil Hall and wasn't very far for us to walk to the Boston Opera House where we were going to see The Nutcracker.

On Sunday morning at 8:30 am I was rudely awoken by a women singing at the top of her lungs (no exaggeration). At first I thought she was waiting for the elevator and it would stop in a moment. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. The woman was in the room directly across the hall. I attempted to call the front desk about it but both of the phones in the room didn't work. You had a dial tone, but pushing the Front Desk, Guest Request or 0 buttons did nothing to get me to the Front Desk.

After calling them from my cell phone and Michael at the front desk verifying my information, he apologized and someone went to her room to ask her to quiet down. I'm sorry but 8:30 on a Sunday morning is a little too early for her American Idol audition.

We elected to order breakfast and the room service girl wasn't even in a uniform. Skinny jeans, Ugg boots and a regular t-shirt with no name tag. A $53 breakfast bill and the food had absolutely no taste. Scrambled eggs and home fries were bland. My friend said her tea was awful and they didn't even bring any condiments or milk for it. We hardly ate anything and left the hotel shortly after.

While valet was quick to bring the car to the front, we had to stand outside in the cold rain because no one was around to give my friend her keys. They also sandwiched her car so tightly between 2 other cars it was difficult to get out.

Unfortunately I'm not sure I would stay again. For a 4 Diamond hotel, having inoperable phones, a wildly overpriced and bland breakfast and a room service employee not in uniform is not at all what I expected. Oh and the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom by the shower.

1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed 28 November 2013

There were four of us in one room for almost a week during Thanksgiving. We booked an "oversized double" which was a great size for us. The only downside was a lack of storage for 4 people in the room. Though the room was large, the closet was really small for 4 (they did bring us plenty of hangers) and there were only 4 small drawers plus 2 bedside drawers.

There were 2 chairs in the room and a small table. One more chair would be nice (we probably could have asked for one as the staff was super accommodating to all of our needs).

The room was clean, though signs of some water damage were near the windows, and one of the sink handles leaked when it was on. The hand towel rack popped off during our visit, but the engineer came right up and fixed it.

So again, I would actually stay here again because of the location and service and large rooms -- oh and great amenities (big fridge in room and safe). Having a decent restaurant in the hotel was nice too, plus they have a gym and and wi-fi free in the lobby (you have to pay in your room unless you just ask for the code and you're a Hilton Honors member).

It's a solid hotel overall and I'd recommend it! Just don't expect perfection in the physicality of these older rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A nice property right in the heart of downtown boston. Just 2 miles from the airport. No need to rent a car if staying in Boston. Faneuil Hall 1 block away. Full service restaurant with a nice long bar. The king bed room was very spacious for a city hotel. very clean. I would stay again no problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

From the time we got out of the cab to the time we checked out, this hotel was perfect! The room was amazing - great beds, windows, bathroom. The front desk and bellman were attentive. Great pub recommendations too. I am a travel agent and will recommend this hotel to my corporate and vacation clients. Everything is within walking distance! Thanks, Brian for a great weekend! You staff is wonderful!