“Pleasantly surprised!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, New York
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to attend an AARP event. As my title states, I was pleasantly surprised! For an older building, it was quite up-to-date. The only request I had was a bath equipped with grab bars. Well, not only was my request granted but was checked into a spacious corner room on a lower floor. The room and bathroom were huge. There was a large, flat screen tv, a fridge, a safe and a desk with a comfortable desk chair.

I liked the fact that some plugs were located on the night-stand thus eliminating the need to crawl under the desk to charge a phone or other device. The 4 huge windows flooded the room with lots of light and they opened as well!

The lobby staff was attentive and quick to help with baggage and directions. The restaurat/lounge was spotless and that staff was also attentive. Since I only had the hot breakfast there (which was included in my AARP package), I cannot comment on the other food items.

Because this hotel is in the financial district, the street noise after 5pm is almost non-existent. This made for a quiet night's sleep. The only noise I heard on Saturday night was the clip-clops of 3 horse and carriages making their way down Broad Street. A nice sound.

All in all, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Be mindful that since this is the financial district, some of the smaller foo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Korean first
Felton, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The price is perfect, the rooms are clean and comfortable. You will not hear noise from adjoining rooms. Love this Hotel. The Bartenders are great and the Restaurant Wait Staff equally wonderful. The best experience around

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Patricia M
St. John's, Antigua
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed 5 nights for a short break and the location was excellent for sightseeing. Good size rooms, a little worn and could benefit from redecoration soon, but quiet and comfortable with quiet A/C. Pleasant and helpful staff.

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is probably one of the saddest Hiltons I've stayed at and I would've hoped that a downtown Hilton would be a lot nicer than this one. The staff was great and I got upgraded to a suite and the location is very convenient. As a diamond member I got complimentary breakfast but we were totally ignored by the restaurant staff when we went down to the restaurant - pretty disappointing. I had no views from the room at all, and because the building is so old the windows were very small and the room was very dark. There are much nicer hotels in Boston and I'll probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for something with a view if at all possible
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I will always stay at this hotel when I am in Boston. The staff was helpful and went out off their way to meet my needs. They went out late at night to get me distilled water that I needed for a medical machine I have to use. Thank You.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Jill L,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for commenting on your stay. We are delighted to hear our team was able to assist you during your stay, we will be happy to share your comments with them. We hope to you have you back on your next trip to Boston!
Brian Martens
Hotel Manager
bmartens@hiltonbostondowntown.com
Lahaina
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great property, centrally located, walking distance to most things. Wonderful conciege service, very accomondating for restaurant reservations. Smaller property with easy in and easy out. Hilton brand name a plus on the property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am puzzled by reviews that rate this Hilton as one of the best. I found it to be mediocre.
The pros:(1) we were upgraded to a king suite - nice and comfortable, (2) the location - as others have described a short walk to many shops, restaurants and tourist sites, (3) John the concierge - the best aspect of the hotel. John was terrifically helpful and provided some perfect restaurant recommendations and reservations for us.
The cons: (1) no executive lounge - my first experience with a business Hilton that did not have a lounge, (2) poor selection of breakfast and even worse coffee - swamp water I suspect tastes similar, (3) with one or two exceptions (other than super John) the staff were disinterested and unfriendly - again a very unusual experience at a Hilton.
Tip: if you are staying there make your restaurant reservations through John - not only are his recommendations terrific, but the restaurant treats you as a vip with complementary appy or dessert when John makes the call.

Room Tip: high floor is quieter - suites are spacious and have kitchen, small fridge etc
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear novascotiakate,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our excellent Lead Concierge, John. We are extremely concerned though that the entire team did not leave up to this standard. We strive to provide warm and genuinely helpful hospitality at each and every interaction--not just one or two interactions. We apologize that this wasn't your experience, and we will ensure we react to do much better.

Brian Martens