“Nice hotel for visiting Boston sights”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is nice. There is no pool for the kids. There is one restaurant which is fine. The staff was helpful. The doormen were great. Very helpful and accommodating every day. The concierge staff were helpful as well. The desk people were ok, but not overly friendly.
The rooms were a good size and clean. I would stay at this hotel again. The location was great for visiting the Boston sights, so that was the best feature of the hotel.
For the money, I would probably opt for another HIlton that provides more perks such as an Embassy Suites or Homewood suites for a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Helpful service by the bellman/valet even though we got in at 2am. Fast check in by the front desk. Great location. The service in the restaurant is lacking but I understand that its not run by the hotel but leased.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBostonDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Dee K,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall. We are pleased to hear our team members assisted in making your late night arrival quick and efficient. We are also glad you enjoyed our central location. While the restaurant is not owned by the hotel, we will address your concerns and work with them so that they can improve upon the service provided to be at Hilton standards.

Sincererly,
Ed Mroz
emroz@hiltonbostondowntown.com

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Despite getting in late and leaving early, the hotel was very accommodating. I had a King suite, which was very spacious. There was a large sitting area with couch, chair, granite counter bar area with refrigarator and coffee maker. The sitting area had a flat screen TV as well. The large bathroom with granite counters was in between the siting area and large king bedroom. There a walls of windows that provided lots of light. Check in and out was uneventful and quick. I did not go into the restuarant, but it seemed to bye crowded. Walking distance to Quincy market and some of the quaint Boston historical buildings. I have been to Boston before and did the "Freedom Trail", which was spectacular. Wished I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine V

Dear Christine V,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review! We always appreciate when guests can describe in their own words the rooms they stay in so that future guests know what they can expect. We also wish you could have stayed longer! Hopefully next time your trip will allow some time to enjoy this beautiful city and maybe even another round of The Freedom Trail!

Ed Mroz
emroz@hiltonbostondowntown.com

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Big rooms but a bit dated. Location convenient to downtown and tourist sites of Faneuil hall, Quincy market and waterfront. Reliable place to stay. No frills but nice enough for short stay if you want to be in downtown area

• Stayed: June 2014
HiltonBostonDowntown, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Susyabbo,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall. We are so glad you were able to visit all the great Boston sites that are conveniently located within a short walk! We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have stayed at this hotel twice before and each stay has gotten a little bit better for me. Upon arriving, valet took my car right away and check-in was quick and pleasant. Based on concerns from my last stay, I was upgraded to an Executive room which was a little larger and had a nicer view than the rooms I've stayed in before. I was also hand delivered 2 types of chocolate and a hand written note from the manager which was a nice touch.

It was very quiet in the hotel which I greatly appreciated and the room was impeccably clean as always.

I never called down to the desk (because I didn't want to seem like one of "those" guests) but 1 of the phones in the room didn't work (a re-occurring problem I see) and when facing the bed, the lamp on the right hand side didn't work for a light or outlet...yes it was plugged in, yes there was a lightbulb. The alarm clocked worked and it was plugged into the same outlet.

I also paid $17 for a movie and the color wasn't the best...had those constant lines running up the screen; minimal enough where the movie was still watchable but it was noticeable. I didn't even get to finish the full movie but I just paid for it and let it go. Bar was advertised to be open until 2 am but closed at midnight. My friend and I were bummed out about that considering it was a Friday night and there were no signs/form of communication informing us the bar would be closing early.

My biggest gripe, and it isn't with the hotel but with the valet service they partner with, is I was told to give them 15-20 minutes to get my car. I called 15 minutes before I was ready to leave and still stood outside for a good 15-20 additional minutes. When I got into my car my entire seat was moved around. It wasn't simply moved back to accommodate a taller valet driver but the back of the seat in addition to the height of the seat was adjusted. I couldn't get it back to the right adjustments and I had a slightly uncomfortable 90 minute drive home. I always leave my radio off when pulling into valet and when I turned it back on, they had put their own station on. I really kind of figured that was a big no-no in the valet world. Oh well.

I'll continue to stay here because I'm a Hilton Honors member and the hotel is in a convenient location but I suspect I'll always have something not right with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kristin_S_0715

Thank you for your continuous loyalty to the Hilton Boston Downtown. We are happy to hear we are getting closer to meeting your expectations and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can continue to work on doing so.
We do apologize for the outlet trouble you seemed to have. It’s unfortunate we weren't able to remedy the issue right away for you. Hopefully your next visit will be issue-free but should any come up, please let us know so we can fix it immediately.
We will be addressing your points concerning the lounge at Nix’s Mate and your valet experience with both our tenant companies so they can improve as well.
Again, thank you for choosing us time and time again and we promise to continue to work hard on perfecting the service you deserve.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay in three room at this perfectly located hotel. Short walk to Quincy market and the aquarium. Had a family trip with 5 grandchildren to see Boston, The location was great and we walked to everything. The hotel was clean and all of the staff extremely pleasant. The rooms were quiet and nicely appointed. We had three adjoining rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KEBS1010

Dear KEBS1010,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Boston Downtown. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to Boston and were able to appreciate our close proximity to all the great local attractions. We also want to thank you for sharing the lovely photo of your five grandchildren!
We hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights, this is my second time staying there. The location is great! The rooms were redone, very clean and the hotel staff is very helpful. This hotel was a good choice for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jeff s
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear jeff s,
Thank you for staying with us and commenting about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations in our guestrooms. We hope to see you on your next trip to Boston!
Brian Martens