“Excellent hotel and service, location a bit iffy”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel during a business trip to attend a convention in the adjacent facility. Very nice accommodations. The hotel is clean, updated and a bit luxurious. The registration staff were very pleasant and helpful. One of them helped us find a good seafood restaurant and the best transportation option to get there, which was a taxi to Faneuil Hall. If I were in Boston only for touring I might not pick this location because taking the T (subway) requires several connections to get anywhere from the seaport area. We came in a day early and it was somewhat painful to take the T over to the Symphony area on the Green Line. We rode a bus, a subway, then a trolley to get there. The subway is clean and convenient so if I wanted to rely on it I might pick a hotel near Copley, Government Center, or even Cambridge (longer trip in, but what a fun place to stay). Fitness center center is excellent and free. :-) The breakfast buffet is $20 but what a great selection for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,005)

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Exeter, NH
Reviewed 4 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Everyone was prompt and courteous from the moment we pulled up outside. The baggage was taken care of while we checked in and the car was valet parked. Our room was clean and well equipped with all the necessities. The kids enjoyed the pool while we had drinks in the bar. The breakfast was fantastic. Even the buffet, and that's coming from someone who won't eat buffet breakfasts. Even after check out they let the kids spend the afternoon in the pool while we went out for lunch in Quincy Market. All gratuity is included which keeps things simple. The view from our room was nothing to write home about however the wharf is right outside the hotel and it's only a ten minute walk to all the sights. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are better veiws in some rooms more than others. We didn't. The pool close...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We visited Boston for Saint Patrick's Day from NC. A friend that lives in Boston recommended this hotel. I called the hotel and they gave me a great government rate and early booking rate! We ended up flying in early and they let us check in early. The check in was easy and quick! We booked two rooms and they were very close to each other. Food at the hotel was expensive, but that is common. It was great to have a Dunkin Donuts across the street. The concerige was very helpful and there was a free shuttle that picked up across from the hotel and drove us to the Quincy Market area. Housekeeping was polite and we ordered pillows from the Pillow Menu. The water pillow put me right to sleep after a booze filled Patty's Day party! Overall, we would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The staff at the Seaport Hotel make this a first class property without all the pretentiousness. Everyone from the front desk to room service to Tamo Bar provided exceptional service with a genuine positive attitude, particulary Stipe in the Tamo Bar who went above and beyond to make my visit a memorable one.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip and professional group meetings. The view and location are first rate. It is five minutes from Boston Logan airport by taxi (also there is a convenient train/subway). The hotel has waterfront views and is right on the harbor. The Seaport area is a nice upscale clean, scenic, safe area with lots of bars, dining, and amenities.

The rooms were clean, new and well appointed. I had a group rate which was $209 / night plus a $3 ‘inclusive facility’ charge which allows access to the exercise facility and internet. That is much less than the going rate at a lot of the nicer hotels in downtown Boston.

They have outstanding fitness facility that is clean, new and well stocked with, weights, elliptical, treadmills, stationary bikes; everything was in good running order. And they have a great swimming pool.

The also have a variety of eateries, bar, coffee shop, onsite.

I would highly recommend this for anyone visiting Boston. It’s great for a business trip or even better if you have a few days to stay and enjoy the scenery, history and nightlife of Boston.

2  Thank FargoJim
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Attended a conference here and stayed for the first time. This is a superb hotel and you would easily pay well over $500/visit in NY for a similar accomodation. The room I stayed in was the Deluxe King. As I approach I notice that the Do Not Disturb is a light that is activated just inside the room - no hanging a card on the door handle. There is also a motion activated light as you walk in so no groping for light switches as you enter a strange room at night. The bathroom is spacious with a nightlight! The bed was very comfortable and the room has a phone by the bed and one on the credenza. There is a Bose radio that is already wired to take your iPod. My only negative was that the water pressure is weak. They give you an alternate hand wand that mitigates this somewhat. The shower has very nice chrome dispensers for shampoo and conditioners (I think) in the event you need them. I live out of my bag but there was plenty of closet and drawer space.

Now the fun part. I got to my room at night and the view over the harbor and distant (as in no noise) airport was just stunning. The Boston Harbor is between the Hotel and the airport and I sat for hours taking in this gorgeous view in the dark. Huge tankers clink by in the dark. At 11:00 I ordered dinner and for a great price ($40 with tax/tip) I had a shrimp sciampi dinner with a glass of wine. The food was outstanding, including the breakfast buffet (not included).

This is a first class facility for conferences but I recommend it for personal stay. It's a brief cab or walk to the Boston sites. Parking is available. I'm going back with my wife and will stay in a similar room. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city or harbor
1  Thank bmchan