“Great Weekend in Boston”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I spend the Easter weekend going to the PAX convention with my son and family and the Seaport Hotel was an excellent place to stay. We were well treated by staff members and felt the comfort of home in our hotel room. The front desk was very helpful in getting us the two rooms that we reserved through PAX. We also stayed for the Easter Brunch in the hotel's Aura Restaurant on Sunday and it was a great brunch with many selections to choose from. This hotel was very close to many restaurants and just a minutes walk to the Boston Convention Center where PAX was being held. Great hotel overall.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Found the hotel on Trip Advisor and decided it sounded like a nice place to stay. Loved the hotel, service was excellent, my room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I upgraded to a room with a view of the harbour and was not disappointed. I loved the hotel and would definitely stay there again.....lots of eating spots within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here for a convention this past weekend. It was overall a fantastic experience, the only complaint I'd make was the beds were a bit uncomfortable and the room tended to get really really dry during the night (woke up parched every morning), but every other aspect of this hotel far out-shined these minor issues. I will be staying here next time I'm in Boston for sure!

I wasn't able to get an appointment at my RMT before I left, but the attached spa was able to accommodate me and the massage was fantastic, completely relaxed me and got me ready for the rest of the convention!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at the Seaport Hotel from April 4-8, I picked the hotel because it was conveniently located near the Boston Convention Center -- my kids attended the PAX Convention this past weekend. What a great hotel, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We arrived at the hotel at around 10:30 am to check in -- and were pleasantly surprised to find that our rooms were ready. The rooms were nicely decorated and roomy -- nice bathroom -- the beds were extremely comfortable. The concierge staff -- Ishan and Betty were extremely helpful. On our first day, we booked a tour package with Old Time Trolley -- there was some confusion on where we needed to pick up the trolley. My husband called Ishan to confirm if we were in the right location -- Ishan came out personally to meet us and got us on the trolley -- he definitely went above and beyond. Betty had made some great restaurant recommendations and was spot on with her recommendation. On one evening, we were going over to the North Side for dinner -- Ishan arranged for a complimentary car to take us there. Everytime we walked through the lobby area, we were greeted by friendly staff. On our last day, I had asked for a late checkout since we had an evening flight -- without hesitation, they extended one of my rooms to a 3:30 pm check time without incurring any additional fees. Great service....great people.....with a no-tipping policy. Whatever they are doing to ensure such great customer service it's definitely working. I highly recommend this hotel -- and the next time that I'm in Boston I will stay here again.

1  Thank ET_from_VA
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel during a business trip to attend a convention in the adjacent facility. Very nice accommodations. The hotel is clean, updated and a bit luxurious. The registration staff were very pleasant and helpful. One of them helped us find a good seafood restaurant and the best transportation option to get there, which was a taxi to Faneuil Hall. If I were in Boston only for touring I might not pick this location because taking the T (subway) requires several connections to get anywhere from the seaport area. We came in a day early and it was somewhat painful to take the T over to the Symphony area on the Green Line. We rode a bus, a subway, then a trolley to get there. The subway is clean and convenient so if I wanted to rely on it I might pick a hotel near Copley, Government Center, or even Cambridge (longer trip in, but what a fun place to stay). Fitness center center is excellent and free. :-) The breakfast buffet is $20 but what a great selection for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Exeter, NH
Reviewed 4 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Everyone was prompt and courteous from the moment we pulled up outside. The baggage was taken care of while we checked in and the car was valet parked. Our room was clean and well equipped with all the necessities. The kids enjoyed the pool while we had drinks in the bar. The breakfast was fantastic. Even the buffet, and that's coming from someone who won't eat buffet breakfasts. Even after check out they let the kids spend the afternoon in the pool while we went out for lunch in Quincy Market. All gratuity is included which keeps things simple. The view from our room was nothing to write home about however the wharf is right outside the hotel and it's only a ten minute walk to all the sights. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are better veiws in some rooms more than others. We didn't. The pool close...