“We loved this place”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 April 2012

When staying in a city hotel, the most important thing for us by far is noise. This place is very quiet. It is new and apparently well-constructed; we heard no noise from our neighbors or the hallway. We were on a high floor, and there isn't much traffic in the neighborhood, so we had zero outside noise. The room was very well-appointed, if a little small, and the bed was very comfortable. Rooms on the north side have a partially blocked view of the city and harbor. I think internet was included, but we didn't use it. Parking was $34 per day and conveniently located directly under the hotel. You can do valet or self-park. Staff were very helpful and competent. We didn't try the hotel restaurants. Rates are significantly below those for hotels of similar quality in the city center.

The neighborhood is a formerly industrial waterfront being converted to tourist and business uses. Most of the buildings, including convention centers, are new. There are enough restaurants in the area; most are a little touristy but good. The hotel is not in the center of the city action, but it's a short cab ride from the city center. It was perfect for us: quiet but convenient to the city center. For you tourists, the various bus tour lines have stops nearby. I don't know about the subway. Convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: Better views on the north side. Higher rooms may be quiter than lower ones, although the hotel in g...
1  Thank Ted T

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Seaport is a great hotel. The staff really knows what it takes to make your stay the best possible. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is wonderful. The lobby bar, Tamo has a great feel with plenty of seating and great food and drinks. The bar has several televisions around and one very large TV on the left side. The bar manager Steve Wood was great. I couldn't thank Steve enough for treating us so well while we were there. The gym is one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel. It's more of a spa feel. Plenty of cardio equipment and extensive weight lifting machines. They also offer classes. Overall my stay was great. The Seaport staff is truly first class.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Attended a conference and stayed at the Seaport on 4/4-4/5/2012. Lovely hotel, views of the waterfront, skyline, and airports arriving and departing from Logan. Great room, friendly staff, but what made it an truly exception experience is what happened when my conference bag was not handed to me from the taxi's trunk when I arrived at the airport for departure. Moments later as I was standing at the ticket counter I realized my bag, containing my iPad, was not with me. Felt sick. Had a nice time at a great conference at a great location and now my iPad was likely gone forever. I called the taxi number on my receipt. No answer. Called my husband, who thought to contact the concierge at Seaport. The Conceirege got hold of the taxi company, located the back and Fedexed the bag contents including my iPad back to me the next day. Saved the day! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamra P
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We spent the weekend at the Seaport Hotel and really enjoyed it. The hotel staff was so friendly and helpful, particularly the bell captains, valet and room service waiter. They were extremely efficient even though it was very busy with Marathon check-ins. The room was immaculate and the location is very nice. Easy to get to the T and head to other parts of the city, taxis readily available and we walked around the harborfront and to the Quincy Market area. Had a snack at Tamo which was nice and lively.

Room Tip: We chose an upgrade to a corner room 935 with a fabulous view. Well worth it!
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We live in the Western suburbs of MA and like to spend the night in town when we come in for a show or a concert or a game. This was our first time at the Seaport Hotel. It was fantastic! The parking below the hotel was easy. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Our room had a lovely view of the harbor and was spacious with great amenities from the free wifi to recharge dock to beautiful bathroom. We will return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I spend the Easter weekend going to the PAX convention with my son and family and the Seaport Hotel was an excellent place to stay. We were well treated by staff members and felt the comfort of home in our hotel room. The front desk was very helpful in getting us the two rooms that we reserved through PAX. We also stayed for the Easter Brunch in the hotel's Aura Restaurant on Sunday and it was a great brunch with many selections to choose from. This hotel was very close to many restaurants and just a minutes walk to the Boston Convention Center where PAX was being held. Great hotel overall.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Found the hotel on Trip Advisor and decided it sounded like a nice place to stay. Loved the hotel, service was excellent, my room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I upgraded to a room with a view of the harbour and was not disappointed. I loved the hotel and would definitely stay there again.....lots of eating spots within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com