“Easy transportation into Boston”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Traveling to Boston for the first time, I was looking for a nice hotel with easy travel into and around Boston to "see the sights". The Seaport is right on the Trolley line which we were able to use as a shuttle into Boston proper as well as tour. Had some problems upon checkin but Matt at the front desk quickly took care of us. Although "tips are included" a 20% tip is added to all charges so they really are not included. The beds were the most comfortable I have seen in a long time -- wich we could have taken them with us. Still close to $400 a night is really steep - even for Boston.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ontheroad05
There are newer reviews for Seaport Boston Hotel

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed at the Boston Seaport Hotel the first night we arrived in Boston and were not disappointed. The hotel is nicely situated on the harbor and close to shops and restaurants. Staff are brilliant and the fact that tips are included was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are well furnished and the beds very comfortable. The choice of pillows was staggering, if you wanted a specific type, although you did have to pay. We would have loved to have used the pool, but after a 7 hour flight, we were very tired and it was past 3am (to us - UK time) so we just wanted to sleep. Free newspaper in the morning was a bonus too. Boston is a fabulous city and we would have loved to have stayed longer. We are very happy to recommend the Boston Seaport.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor with a street view, but would have preferred a harbor view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2012

In the past I've stayed once at the Seaport and it was fantastic. However, because I work next door I'm a very frequent customer to both Restaurants, Tamo and Aura, I've known everyone that works there for over 10 years. The service at both Restaurants is great, food always consistent and delicious. Every single waiters/waitresses/bartenders are very efficient, friendly and knowledgeable but my most favorite one has always been Dana. She always makes sure my food/cocktail is fine, through all these years we've become very good friends.

I am also a member of the Gym which is a very nice facility and again, everyone working at this place is great. Great place to be at !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a convention, and the room was clean, comfortable, and well-appointed with tasteful and modern decor. I ordered room service one evening and the food was delicious.

I was surprised, however, at the taxes (county, state, and convention) that added a $38 (15%) additional daily room charge to my bill. This is on top of a minor $3 hotel daily inclusive charge, but I wasn't aware of this (they don't inform you at the front desk) so I ended up also tipping my usual amount for room cleaning also.

Although the location is steps from the Silver LIne and a short walk to the convention center, the hotel is your standard luxury convention-type hotel without any quirky fun personal touches. It was fine for a convention but I would not have stayed here otherwise while in Boston because the immediate surrounding area is not that interesting.

Room Tip: There seem to be alot of weddings here on weekends, where the guests can be somewhat raucous. Ask f...
1  Thank worldcollege
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed for 6 days for a meeting. I used the concierge service (especially Bette), Aura restaurant (on site), and the gym/spa. Everyone treated me with kindness, and was helpful. I was also very pleased that I did not have to worry about tipping, as I was very busy every day during my stay. The bed and pillows were comfortable and conducive, and I had a lovely, albeit sideways, view of the harbor. The only black spot was a drunken wedding party on Saturday night out in the hall (and these folks weren't the young ones). I waited a bit, and when they didn't stop, I called the front desk. The problem was promptly addressed. Went back to sleep. I mention this, as it seems to me that judging by some older reviews, the hotel management took the complaints to heart, and have apparently remedied the situation.
The reason why I am not giving 5 stars for sleep quality is the above. Location: easy to the airport, great shuttle to downtown (but doesn't run on weekends), although being close to the water and the airport, was farther from other attractions. It's an older hotel, so the rooms are a little small, although that does not bother me personally--the bathroom was more than large enough, and there was room enough for two nice stuffed chairs near the windows.

Room Tip: Just remember, if you can see the harbor from the front side, you are facing a large office building...
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed here for two nights as part of a visit to our daughter who lives close by in South Boston. Our decision was whether to stay here at the Seaport or at the Westin which is close by. Trip Advisor notes seemed to point to staying here so we went with the recommendation. Note that the Marriot Residence (also in the same area) had no rooms. I also appreciated that one can cancel rooms at the Seaport up to 6 PM on day of arrival whereas the Westin requires a full day's notice of a cancellation.

We came in from the Mass Pike and had no trouble finding the hotel and the hotel garage. The garage seems to be in three portions so you need to know where you actually parked your car. The middle section has an elevator that goes to the hotel lobby.

This is not an intimate hotel. The lobby is large and very busy. It has a convention feel. There are smaller sitting areas in the hotel which seemed to always be busy when we were there. We did get drinks at the bar in the hotel and brought them to one of the lobby sitting areas which seemed nice as compared to sitting at the bar. We were there during the week and did not experience any noisy or bad acting groups as referenced in earlier posts.

The room was ok but not great. The built in furniture had a dormitory feel to it. I did like that there was a small refrigerator available as part of the built ins. There is a mounted TV that was fine although just a bit difficult to see from one of the beds. I agree with an earlier post that didn't like the communal toiletries (shampoo, soap etc). Seems to distract from the level of the hotel.

We asked for a room that did not face the local construction. Our room did not "face" the construction but did face the next building with a full view of the construction. When we were there, the construction was driving piles into the ground so there was no ability to sleep late during the week. This, of course, will end and the construction should be quieter in the weeks to come. The only way to avoid this is to get a full facing harbor view room.

This hotel is close to several restaurants and fun places including Legal Seafood Test Kitchen, several bar type restaurants and the ICA (modern museum with great views). It is also close to bus and subway transportation to other places in the city.

I would stay here again but my expectations of major luxury are tempered.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingcats14
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This hotel is awesome. First, the service is wonderful. They have a no tipping policy throughout the hotel - it's included in all of their charges. Free wi-fi in all the rooms. Very spacious rooms with great TV's with intuitive remotes. They offer 8+ pillow type options for all situations and free shoe shines when you leave your shoes on your door at night - returned in the am - free of charge. The hotel is close to pubic transportation and walkable to downtown if you like to walk.
Great place!