“NiceHotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“NiceHotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

I was in Boston to attend a conference. Seaport was only a short walk to the Boston Conference Center. The room was small but nice and clean. The staff was helpful but not really friendly. They weren't rude but not very enthuastic. The bellhops were the only ones who were friendly. The restaurant is expensive and I didn't care for the menu selections. But there are some restaurants that are within walking distance. The hotel is not located in an area where there are attractions. But you can catch a bus that will drop you off at Fanuil Hall. I also caught a tour bus that picks up in front of the hotel. The T is also across the street. The plumbing is quite loud but it didn't bother me. The wireless internet is a nice amenity. I enjoyed my stay and would visit this hotel again.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Chanda J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Maryland Heights, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2008

I was there for a convention at the World Trade Center. Hotel was doing some renovations to the public areas. Front desk staff was not very knowledgeable about the hours of restaurant. When I made my reservation I asked it they had smoking rooms available, the reservationist said they did. Get there I am forced to intial the registration card stating the $150.00 fee for smoking. Had I been told the truth when I made my reservation I would have stayed at another hotel. Room was very small, not very clean. There was toothpaste spit on the mirror in the bathroom. The bedspread had an overwhelming smell of cheap perfume, asked for a clean one never got it. $29.00 per day for parking, you would think hotels guests would get a cheaper rate for parking. Behind the hotel is a lot for $11.00 per day. I do not think I will ever stay at thishotel again nor will I reccomend it to anyone. Bythe way this is a NO TIP facility, so no wonder the staff do not go out of thier way to help you.

• Liked — The fresh flower arrangements in the hotel lobby
  • Disliked — eveything else
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marcat82073
new hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

My fiance and I went there for the wine expo, and found it a great place to stay. I immediately reccommended it to all my friends, even one coming in the summer to visit from Germany! We liked the small touches- the doorbell outside the room, the bathroom mirror that does not fog up, and the rug in the bathroom. Most hotels only give you a towel for the floor. The staff was courteous and informative at the desk, and even passing through the hallways. i loved the decor of the room, very up to date. the beds were actually quite comfortable, and we appreciated the small comfy chairs with side table to have our dinner in room. We actually walked the short distance to the 'no name restraunt' and brought it back to our room (the food was great), but we did order wine from room service, which was promptly delivered and enjoyed. it was a great stay and we were very happy. Wouldn't reccommend it though if you want to see a lot of boston sites just because it is not close to all the happenings, but it is very close to the T so you could get around.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Peterborough, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

I stayed for two nights for the Wine Expo and this is the spot to stay for that event! We had views of the harbor anf the Pru my only complaint is that I don't care for innerspring matresses so I did not find the beds all that comfortable. But I am spoiled as I have a Natures rest latex core bed at home. Othwerwise the room was clean and comfortable. Room service was excellent and the staff simply awesome! I left my cord for my laptop there and I did not discover it until I got home. I was panicked as I needed to write a review of the Expo.I called the hotel who immediately retrieved it and mailed it back to me! No worries! Now that's service! Staff is wonderful. And there is no tipping. Really, they don't just say it. they mean it! They make you feel comfortable about it. So the cost of the hotel winds up being reasonable and a bargain for Boston. As for location the "T" is right there and you can get anywhere for about $10-12 for a cab. I went to the North end for dinner and to The Hungry I for less than ten dollars.

• Liked — Viewand Service
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2008

This was our 2nd stay at the Seaport. Previously stayed there in 2006.

Check in/out - Both the desk attendant for checking in and the one for checking out talked as quickly as possible, almost like a rehearsed speech (I live in the area, so I thought I talked fast, but WOW, they are speed demons). Both in and out, there wasn't anyone else waiting, so there was no need to rush. I wasn't asked if I needed anything checking in, nor was I asked how my stay was checking out. Very cold.

Conceirge was great! Very friendly and chatty! Told us about some things in the area. Also told us that there is a free shuttle running every 10 minutes from the hotel to downtown Quincy Market! We used it and it was great. Very nice drivers.

The hotel was under construction in the lobby, making the bar area tiny and very noisy. We didn't know about this until we checked in and saw it. No mention of this to us by the hotel desk clerk at check in. No compensation, such as a reduced drink at the reduced bar, or anything. Extension cords running through exterior doors, plastic hanging down in the lobby bar, smells, drills, saws and noise.

Room was small but nice. Very clean. Only a few (maybe 8) channels on the tv!! As there is really nothing to do in the area at night, this was a surprise! Beds comfortable. As other reviewers mentioned, you could hear every toilet flush in the other rooms. As long as you wanted to be up at 6:30, when you can hear everyone's showers starting, and be awake about 10 PM to hear them all flushing their toilets as they go to bed, you'll be OK.

Breakfast buffet was just OK. Very expensive. Ate a lunch and dinner at Morton's Steakhouse across the street. Also tried LTK down the street. Both were good alternatives for the restaurant in the hotel.

Easy walk to the convention center. In fact we had a lovely view of the Convention center, the MBTA Silver Line station and its parking lot from our hotel room.

Wireless internet worked fine.

Parking is $29 a night. Beware that the hotel adds a $3 'service charge' to your nightly rate, and then Boston adds a hotel tax, a convention tax, a local tax, and maybe another one I've forgotten, to your bill, so your nightly rate will end up being more than the original quoted room rate.

Overall, it wasn't as good as our stay 2 years ago (service seems colder and restaurant not as good). It is a good alternative to the Westin for Convention stays.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank packthebagsBoston
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2008

I stayed here during the Xmas season to attend a Xmas party at the world trade center across the street and was impressed at how nice this place was. It is fairly new and has many floors and is modern place to stay. It is located in a off-beat location of Boston though, that is just starting to be developed. It was fine to stay here if you are attending a convention (right near the convention center) or doing something at the World Trade Center. But if you are here to visit and take in the sites and sounds of Boston, this isn't the place to stay. It is not close to anything and is not on any major public transportation lines. It is in a weird area of the city which someday will be very nice and connected, but isn't right now. The price may be right (this place is still a bit pricey), but take it from me, it is not a place to walk out your door and be in downtown. You will have to catch a cab (lacking area for cabs) and have them take you to the hot spots in the city. I give this place high ratings for its rooms which are filled with everything you need, its lounge/bar area which is trendy and intimate and its service, but I cannot give it high ratings on its location. This part of the waterfront is not where you want to be!

• Stayed December 2004, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lip89
South Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2008

Better than average for a "convention" hotel. Convenient to convention center (not connected, but an easy walk) and very convenient parking. Hotel restaurant was typically overpriced, but there are other options within walking distance. Of the 2 hotel options for the convention center, this is the better choice.

Stayed January 2008