“Outstanding Service!”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I recently attended a 3 day conference that was held at this Hotel. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I arrived . The doorman immediately took my luggage and was extremely polite. My first thought was that this guy wants a tip for sure! Then I was astonished when I found out that he does not accept tips! All of the staff that I encountered was extremely helpful and genuinely happy to help. The food was Awesome! and the security was tight! It was certainly one of the best 3 days I have ever spent at a Hotel. I would definitely return here in the near future and highly reccommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Boston Area

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,007)

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We had stayed here for 1 night. Staff was extremely friendly. Located in the heart of the Seaport area. Lots of great restaurants. We attended the Craft Beer Brewfest and walked back to hotel across the street. Price reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jswenson0915
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us. The surrounding area has really blossomed and I am glad you were able to experience all the area had to offer during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Very nice hotel that's modern, but not garishly so, and immaculately clean. Welcoming staff. It has a lovely restaurant and a Starbucks in the lobby, so very convenient, particularly if you're attending an event at the convention center. However, the hotel's location is not ideal for the typical Boston tourist, as it's a pretty decent walk from most of the main attractions. The workout room offers many choices and there's a lap pool with a nice view (note that the pool was pretty cold!). If you happen to go with kids, be sure to check out the treasure chest near the front desk--such a great surprise! The room was comfortable and well appointed. The only nit was no outlet next to the bed (at least I didn't find one), so I couldn't work on my laptop from bed. Other big issue was the $33/day to park in the hotel garage. I would expect more than a $2 savings for guests of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stay at Seaport Hotel whenever I attend a convention in the waterfront area of Boston - at least once a year. The hotel is stunning and the service simply cannot be beat. A valet parked my car and a bellman quickly took my luggage inside for check in and then up to my room. I took out my wallet to tip each person but they do not accept tips at this refreshing hotel - super service!

I would like to complement Jillian, concierge, who was especially helpful to me with wonderful recommendations for dinner. She is a standout among many individuals that offered exceptional service. The front desk staff had USA Today and the WallStreet Journal delivered to my door each morning.

Everyone including the doorman, bellman, valet, restaurant staff, front desk staff, and Tina in the gift shop is so cordial and giving. It's all about service and that is why I love this hotel. The people are the glue that keeps me coming back.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here for a conference, and I agree is a very nice hotel with great service. However, if you are coming to Boston to visit the sites, check out the freedom trail, shop, etc. this may not be your best place. You will need to take a very long walk or likely a cab ride to get anywhere you want to visit if you stay here. Nonetheless, it is a very nice place and I was completely pleased with the clean and comfortable accommodations.

Room Tip: higher floors have much better views of boston.
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel is only a couple hundred feet from the T and another couple of football fields from the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. We went to the Auto Show and walked as far inside the BCEC to get to the show as we did to get from the hotel to the BCEC. The World Trade Center is across the street.

We had only a few requests for service and all were met right away: a room upgrade (the increment over Hotwire, allowing us to keep the Hotwire savings on a suite), early check-in, a crib for a few hours the second day, fresh towels at the pool, moving our luggage to our car the day of checkout and rapid retrieval of our car when we finally left.... None of these things are at all remarkable, but any of them might have been fumbled or refused but all were handled well.

Also, they quite clearly say "no tipping." Didn't hurt service at all. Did automatically add 18% to a bar bill with only three people. Didn't cost me anything over what I would have tipped anyway but I do not like automatic tips with small groups.

The room and the public areas were in excellent repair. We'll be back, next time with our little 3½ lb. dog -- no fee for pets!

Room Tip: We lucked into a top floor corner Executive Suite which had a "city view" but which, becau...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting Seaport for your Boston visit. I am pleased to hear that your requests were handled smoothly. Our service inclusive policy is distinctive in today’s travel environment but we find that most guests appreciate it once they become familiar. We look forward to welcoming you, and your dog, back soon.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stayed here for the first time this past weekend because we wanted a convenient location for the RV/Camping Expo and Auto Show. The hotel is very nice, the staff was very pleasant (we didn't need anything out of the ordinary so can't comment on more than the basic friendliness).

We selected a premier double, which gave us a nice two-double bed room further away from the ice machine/elevator. We didn't select a harbor view but asked about an upgrade when we got there. Apparently because we paid the non-refundable rate, they weren't interested in upgrading us (the hotel was obviously very empty).

The room was really nice, but maybe a bit crowded. There is a very large counter/table/workspace on the wall opposite the beds which cuts down on the room just a bit. It was nice to have extra space to store things but an extra foot between the beds and this counter/table would have been nicer. The beds were very comfortable. There is a huge choice of pillows (Pillow Library) that you can select from (I guess you just call down and have someone swap out the ones that you have for the ones you want - we thought what they had was pretty nice to start with).

The bathroom was very spacious, lots of counter space to spread out your toiletries (there are three of us so it is always welcome to have a larger vanity). Nice touches like a makeup towel (for removing makeup), a curved shower curtain rod (for more space in the shower), two comfortable bath robes (a third would have been nice - we told them there were three of us checking in), and lots of little odds-n-ends ( shoe polishing pad, needle/thread, q-tips, etc).

The room had a doorbell with integrated do-not-disturb/make-up-room lights - don't have to worry about someone taking the placard that you typically leave on door handles.

There was a huge flat screen tv - a Samsung that looked to be about 46", and a Bose alarm/sound system.

We did not use the dining room but did have room service twice and both times the food was great. The cheese/fruit plate was the best that we have ever had and it is one of our staples when we travel (a nice snack after a long day of visiting places) and there was plenty to go around. The burgers were great as well as the sea scallops that we had for dinner. The prices were in range of what we would have expected for a hotel of this price range. The no-tipping system is quite nice, and the room servers re-iterated it when they brought our food.

We were busy visiting the RV Expo and Auto Show so didn't have a lot of time to explore the hotel. We did use the pool early Sunday morning and that was probably the only disappointing thing about the whole place (that we know of). It is a lapping pool associated with the attached fitness club and they leave the lane buoys in so it is not as much fun to be playing with kids in the pool with this setup. There also is no step entry into the pool, you have to use the small ladders typically associated with older pools. The deck was also quite slippery (as the tile did not seem to have any grip to it) - there were lots of people slipping and sliding around, from kids to adults. Since the fitness club is attached to (or part of) the hotel, you can use the full facilities just by showing your room key (you can trade it in for a locker key if you wish to use the locker rooms, which are locked). There are very nice lockers, showers and a steam room in each locker room.

Parking is quite expensive ($33/self, $44/valet) but that is probably fairly normal for that area. The one nice thing was that we checked in Sat around 1pm and they said we could park (and go in/out) until Sun midnight. This was nice as we could leave our car in the garage after we checked out and still explore the city a bit more without paying any more for parking. The T station is about 100' from the plaza-level entrance so getting anywhere is very easy.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are away from the ice machine/elevator, but even without a harbor view we still had a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family