“They make it a great stay!”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Right off the start, the staff made you feel welcomed. Ready to help and make you feel like you are the only guest. Every staff member I passed always said Hi!, good morning and a great smile.
Everything was clean and neat. Close to some great restaurants. You must try Legal Seafoods!
We came in off a Cruise and left for home by Amtrak. They are so close, which made it so easy.
The large variety of choices and quality for the Breakfast buffet was more than you could ask for.
After returning back to the hotel after a night out in Boston, we thought "Let's check out the bar."
Eek! Wedding party, we will have a long wait for service. Not so! As everyone before me said, the beds were comfortable and I got a restful sleep. This hotel management need to Thank all their staff for making me want to stay here again. I will!

2  Thank Jerry M
Write a ReviewReviews (4,995)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I don't know why, but I had low expectation for this hotel. In the end, this hotel blew me out of the water :) Maybe it was the mixed review or the online reservation seem to have an outdated design, but this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The hotel is located next to one of the SILVER LINE train stop, so it cost $2.50 if you are on a budget. Taxi from the Airport cost me $22 to the hotel and $16 from the hotel to the airport.

Check-in:
The check-in process was really fast. Front desk staff was really nice and everything was processed in a few min.

Room:
I had a room with a king size bed with a view of the office next door. Didn't bother me as I was so busy working, I didn't even look out the window until the next day.

Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable. Nice flat screen TV (47"?) that I never had a chance to use :(

Bathroom was very clean, The shampoo and soap provided was excellent. The shower head was VERY weak though.

The hotel looks pretty much and there are only four elevator banks, but it was NEVER crowded and I barely had to wait for one.

The gym was REALLY nice. However, it closes at 9pm and I wasn't able to use it most of time as I didn't get back to the hotel till close to 9.

Restaurant:
The breakfast buffet is $20. Pretty good. I had ones in NYC that more and is not as good. Good selection of hot food and wait staff are very attentive. The restaurants automatically add 18% tip for all bills. Not an issue for me as it saved me the time from calculating in my head, but it may be an issue for some people.

Staff:
Very friendly staff. whatever management is doing to keep them happy, it's working :)

Overall I had a really nice stay. Hence the 5/5 :) If I could give it 6/5. I would suggest the following things:
- Upgrade shower head
- longer gym/spa hours

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GateGuardian
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your recent visit and your very comprehensive review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay but do hope we can welcome you back for a leisure visit sometime!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

The rave reviews for this hotel are warranted ... Everything about the hotel is top-notch, from the sparkling clean room and bathroom to the gorgeous flower arrangements in the lobby. The bathroom fixtures are sooooo nice ...
The location is fun, right on the waterfront and adjacent to the World Trade Center. However, you are just a bit away from the heart of the Boston action. Access to the T makes that less of a problem, and you can also take cabs if need be. Also, the hop-on-hop-off buses get pretty close to this hotel.
There's a handy gift shop in the hotel that also sells wine --- who would have guessed?
Try to squeeze in a visit to the nearby Harpoon Brewery --- noisy, but lots of fun! (Check the hours, because they close pretty early.)
We would stay here again, and we recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Nearby financial district, great location if you want to walk into Boston (12 mins. by foot), close to Childrens Museum. Ample parking available directly under the hotel @ $33/day. Very clean hotel, great views of the harbor from hotel room, free Wifi, comfy beds and good bistro available for breakfast, we did not try the sit down breakfast (also available but pricy..) Nice salt water pool that the kids really enjoyed with a nice view onto Boston. Helpful and attentive staff who refuse to take tips for great service! All in all we were very satisfied with this hotel and its staff as well as our overall Boston experience. Thank you to all at the Seaport Hotel in Boston!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

On my family's very first visit to Boston in the summer of 1998 we stayed at the Seaport. On our last/most recent visit to Boston in August 2013 we stayed at the Seaport. And that's not just because we are creatures of habit. Sure there are tons of other places we could have stayed at but none could match the experence of the Seaport. For us, it's been that way at least once each and every year since the summer of 1998. Why have we done that? For the simple fact that you get more, much much more, value for your money, if money is the major factor. Unmistakably superlative services and amenities along with a uniformly courteous, friendly and outgoing staff at all levels from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave - if you must.

I could have also mentioned all the wonderful new restaurants and other entertainment, sightseeing and other tourism "perks" that you get from staying at the Seaport but, quite frankly, many of them weren't there or easily reachable from the neighborhood in the summer of 1998 and probably wouldn't be there today but for the Seaport. That's why I call them "perks" of the Seaport experience, all within easy walking distance from your hotel base. If you dare to leave the serenity of the Seaport for the other adventures and challenges of the typical urban environment, heck those too are only minutes away after you hop on to the "T" which is just steps outside of your hotel room.

On our most recent stay I noticed one of the most outstanding and transformative features of any hotel experience that any of us has ever had, even when compared to our earlier stays at the Seaport. I'm referring to the seemingly ubiquitous presence of hotel MANAGEMENT PERSONNEL AS WELL AS STAFF mingling and engaging with guests and other visitors in the lobby and other common areas at all hours. So, your experience of being and feeling special not only begins and ends with the front desk, remarkable as that is, but it just continues throughout your entire time there. They want to make sure that your stay is comfortable, and enjoyable. And if it isn't they'll take care of it, as we've experienced!

As consumers in the hospitality industry we have the freedom of a wide variety of choices for hotels and locations but it's still not easy to find some place that truly delivers and meets or exceeds your expectations, not until you've experienced the Seaport. We know the next time we plan to visit or vacation in the Boston area we want to have our expectations exceeded. But that's just one more reason why we'll be staying at the Seaport...again!

Room Tip: If you like city and/or water views go for the Harborview Executive corner suites. Of course the hi...
1  Thank ShyamaJ
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

It is always a pleasure to welcome return guests and we are honored that you have returned to Seaport annually for your vacation! Thank you for your compliments, specifically those about our team members. They continuously strive to provide exceptional customer service and are empowered to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Had our daughters wedding at the Seaport last week and it was amazing. The Lighthouse room with it's views was gorgeous. The service and food provided at the wedding was outstanding. Our wedding planner Ellen was very professional, efficient and awesome to work with. The rooms are spacious and clean. Thank you Seaport Hotel for making my daughter's wedding a truly memorable day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We are honored to have played a small role in what is easily one of the most memorable days for a family! Ellen is a talented wedding professional, and we will be certain to share your compliments with her. Thank you for selecting Seaport Boston Hotel for your daughter’s wedding. Best wishes to the happy couple!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Such a wonderful hotel! Have stayed here many times throughout the years, but most recently for my sister's wedding. The staff and service provided by them is absolutely wonderful. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had a suite that had a mini kitchen (sink, mini-fridge) which was perfect for milk and other items for our children. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Boston area.