“They take of the small details”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

When I go to any hotel, I try to bring two items: a nightlight and a bar of soap. I hate getting up at night and to have to light a usually very bright bathroom light; it then disturbs my ability to get back to sleep. The soaps in hotels are typically tiny and basically useless in the shower.
The Seaport takes care of these by having a built-in nightlight in the bathroom, and provides a REAL bar of soap. In addition, there is a large shampoo and conditioner dispenser in the bathroom, plus a large liquid soap dispenser at the sink.
In addition, there are lots of clothing drawers and a solid low table for placing a large suitcase. And, the free high-speed internet is REALLY high speed.

Why can't other hotels do this too?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,988)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very nice room with a refrigerator, choice of pillows, electronic "do not disturb" messaging system, soundproofed walls, and a large, crisp flat screen TV. Serious shortage of electrical outlets, which the front desk told me is being rectified in a remodeling. Free in room WiFi. This is a no tipping hotel. The bellman refused our proffered tip, so they mean it. Good for the dignity of the workers! Just a 2 minute walk to the Convention Center.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had a terrific stay at Seaport. Well appointed room with great coffee machine, free internet, comfy bed, great products, lots of towels. Everyone was so nice! Starbucks in the lobby. What else would you need for a business trip!?

Reviewed 4 November 2013

No disappointments! Front desk, housekeeping, valet service very polite and friendly.

Room very comfortable and clean.

Great location, several great restaurants in easy walking distance. Ideal hotel for conference at Boston World Trade center.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed on a conference in the hotel. Room was good and hotel amenities etc. all good. What makes this hotel is the excellent service and incredibly helpful and professional staff. Nothing was a problem

1  Thank DrWig
Reviewed 3 November 2013

So there I was, just off the Silver Line Bus from the airport in front of the Seaport, which is a beautiful hotel and property. As I start walking to the hotel, I realize I was missing something - my suiitcase! I was panicked and felt sick to my stomach!! I approached the front desk, telliing my story to the clerk, who then turned me over to the concierge, Jillian Jenkins. Jillian not only found out where my suitcase was securely stored (God bless Boston mass transit), but went over to the South Center Station to retrieve it for me. If that's not exemplary service that is over and above what is expected, I don't know what is. Jillian saved me from a disastrous trip, refused to accept a tip, saying she was happy to have helped me. Amazing. Thanks, Jillian, you made my day by rescuing me!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

I am so pleased to hear your story has a positive ending! Thank you for your review, and we will be certain to pass along your compliments to Jillian. Should your travels bring you back to Boston, I do hope we can welcome you again. Thank you for selecting Seaport.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 2 November 2013

One of the rare times we checked in right at 3pm, we encountered a problem-our room wasn't ready and the computer system was slow. Our hotel clerk, Paul D. Lyons, handled the situation beautifully. We told him not to rush since we were heading into the city to celebrate our 5th anniversary and would not be back until after dinner. He took our luggage and we were on our way. Upon our return, we were taken to a lovely corner room with large windows--larger than most city rooms especially at a reasonable (for Boston) price. A few minutes later, room service appeared with a beautiful tray of wine, cheese, crackers, and fruit along with a handwritten note from Paul!! Now this is exceptional service with a very personal touch! Paul is a real asset to this hotel! The room itself was wonderful--very clean with one of the most comfortable beds we've ever had in a hotel. The location took us to a part of the city we hadn't visited before which is always fun. It was a short walk into the Quincy Market area and we took a water taxi back after dinner. We will definitely return next time in Boston. A big thank you to Paul for helping to make this anniversary so special!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple