“Lodging Excellance”

GreenLeadersGold level
Burlington, Vermont
“Lodging Excellance”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The service and hospitality I've experienced with my stays at the Seaport Hotel and Conference Center in Boston are unparalleled in comparable venues. Close enough to local attractions and set in a district which not too long ago was a tax burden and is now a revenue producing area, this experience is truly a gem and one which I will remember and seek to repeat in the future, I intend to lobby the several associations I am a member of, to host functions and conferences here in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good although overlooking the trade center and harbor are wonderful.
1 Thank JLBarr
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
It is wonderful to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay, and we certainly appreciate you putting in a ‘good word’ for us, thank you. If we can be of assistance at any point, I do hope you’ll contact me directly. Thank you for providing a review and for selecting Seaport.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
NJ
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I was upgraded to a suite. The accomodations were excellent and so were the staff. Front desk was helpful and quick. Buffet breakfast at the restaurant was great. Will definitely return.

1 Thank P F
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We love the Seaport and have stayed many times in the past. We recently had the opportunity to stay for two nights to attend a wedding and once again, it was a great experience. The rooms are large, clean, well furnished and the beds are divine. Superior room service and housekeeping. The staff is comprised of consummate professionals. Do not miss an opportunity to stay here if you visit Boston!

1 Thank Kelly L
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was my 2nd stay and the reasons I returned have even improved. The convenience factor to airport and convention center was a great time saver. The neighborhood continues to grow with restaurants and businesses. Hotel staff have customer service as their priority. Restaurant has tasty food and good live music - hard to beat.

1 Thank Janetpod
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Everyone in the hotel was service oriented. The room was wonderful with amenities and the little door bell was pretty neat for a n individualized experience. Now for some people it was a little ways from main areas of Boston but for me it was nicely located. I was close to the convention center plus I really enjoyed the ride back to the hotel on the Silver Line that was usually empty going back to the hotel.

1 Thank colonr55
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel! It was only a 3 minute walk to the convention center, next to the silver line (quick access to airport and transfers to subways inbound), and near several very good restaurants. (Their own restaurant, Aura, is highly rated.) It was very convenient to stay at the Seaport because we could easily run back and forth to the hotel from the convention center.
I unfortunately didn't make use of the numerous amenities (including the fitness center, spa and business center), but I did spoil myself by ordering room service for breakfast a couple of times, plus service from the bar. (The breakfast was quite good.) The hotel room was fully equipped with every practical travel item (brand new blow dryer, iron & board, shampoo and conditioner dispensers built into the shower, bathrobes, and even an umbrella). It also had a ; big screen TV, mini refrigerator and very comfortable beds. And the room was very quiet. It had a partial view of the water but the other side apparently had much more of a view.
The staff were professional, helpful, and quick to respond.
This is a first class hotel. I can't think of anything negative to say. I did have a problem with the TV but called the front desk and the maintenance person was there in less than 5 minutes to change the batteries on the remote-- all that was needed.
I miss my room already!

2 Thank Baro3201
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated our various room amenities, and glad that the television issue was rectified quickly. We appreciate your business, thank you.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at the Seaport for a conference. If that's why you're going to Boston-- perfect place to choose. It's incredibly close to the conference center.

Even if you're not there for a conference:

It's the 1st stop on the Silverline bus which runs directly from Logan to the hotel. Get off the bus, walk in the same direction the bus takes off, cross at the first crosswalk, and you're there!

The staff couldn't have been nicer. Everyone I met was polite, helpful, and friendly. Oh-- there's no tipping. They do add the tip into the dining bill but honestly-- the wait staff were great so I didn't mind the 18% they added. And the food! Incredible! I had salmon with kale and gnocchi one night, cooked to perfection. The cauliflower soup was a touch spicy-- perfect. And the Tamo martini-- yeah, I had more than one of those.

I got up too early one morning for the in-house Starbucks to be open but one of the staff was there. She made a pot of coffee for me-- just for me. I was an hour early and she made coffee for me. Overall, the prices were pretty good. I ate breakfast mostly in the Bakery-- steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts. Yum! They also had fresh fruit which I got and added to my oatmeal. Those with a very big coffee came to around $10.

The room was very pleasant although the bed was a tad harder than I like. The bathroom was generously sized, good water pressure. Nice towels and robes. And there was even an umbrella in the room. Very quiet room.

The gift shop was quite reasonably priced also. I forgot my brush, got a decent one for $6.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Seaport. I will stay there again given the opportunity. It's not too far from Chinatown, there is a bunch of restaurants near the waterfront that are quite good, and the staff were just super.

Room Tip: Try to get on the end facing the water for a better view. I looked into another hotel-- it wasn'...
1 Thank Helena V