“To The Rescue”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 January 2014

So my company kinda drops the ball on my hotel reservation. So I am sitting in lobby waiting to get into my room and Jillian the concierge feels bad for me and comps me a local beer and a awesome bowl of New England clam chowder. Lexi at the bar recommends UFO fr a beer choice and it is awesome. They truly have treated me fantastic. definitely a must do again!!!!! — at Seaport Hotel Boston. This as definitely a serious rescue you see i had only had 2 hrs of sleep in 1 and a half days and i was spent, also 1.5 hrs later after the room was finally arranged she said that they had renovations going on and she insisted on putting me in one of the newly renovated and rooms and to say the least they are beautiful, Nicely done and very tasteful. This is a must stay in the Boston area. Jillian is a true example of hospitality and professionalism and courtesy, this woman seriously needs a raise!!!!

Room Tip: They are all amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken S
There are newer reviews for Seaport Boston Hotel

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the Seaport. The room was very nice (though I never did figure out how to get more water pressure in the shower - my only criticism). The staff was first rate - answering many questions about how to get around the city. The fitness room was quite large and had numerous machines and a lifting area. I especially liked the food options. I had a terrific lunch and dinner at the Tamo Lounge. I also appreciated the small deli/cafe where I picked up a quick and inexpensive breakfast and coffee. The location by the water ,even in dreary January, is quite nice and most of the Boston attractions are walkable. I took an easy 25 minute walk to the TD Bank Center and passed the Fanueil Hall area a little over halfway. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhonda A
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your recent visit. I am sorry to learn you were unable to adjust the water pressure; that is certainly something we will investigate. I have always believed our team members are our most valuable asset so it is terrific to learn that you appreciated your interactions with them. I do hope if your travels bring you back to Boston, we can welcome you again.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel with free wifi. I have been to Boston before and stayed at the Hyatt Harborside. This hotel was a gem. It had really good reviews and I booked a weekend with my family for the Easter weekend in 2013. I was so happy I did. The hotel is so beautiful and the staff unbelievable. I am a freak about cleanliness and tho hotel was superior. Everything about it was clean and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. Their Easter brunch was booked but they ended up getting us a table so that we could enjoy the brunch and my five year old could enjoy the Easter bunny and egg hunt. We can't wait to go back and stay at the Seaport again. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank arod106
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My stay at the Boston Seaport Hotel was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in the United States. The amenities, courtesy and helpfulness of the staff, cleanliness and comfort of the rooms (the bathrooms can easily accommodate a handicapped person) were first rate. The holiday decorations and floral displays were gorgeous. I ate breakfast in the café and bakery and had dinner in the hotel restaurant and drinks in the Toma lounge - all were very nice. The courtesy shuttle service and the no tipping policy were special bonuses. Kudos to Seaport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cskate
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Seaport Boston was fantastic. I stayed there the night of a private event held at their convention/event center, and I couldn't have asked for more. The hotel room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

As you'd expected from the name, the hotel is located in the seaport area just outside of Downtown Boston. The area is obviously being redeveloped and there is the usual mixture of new offices, hotels, some shops and no-doubt really expensive condos. Whilst the immediate area is quite nice, the main part of downtown is a 5-10 minute walk along roads running through a mixture of parking lots and building sites.

Against that there is a Silver Line (bus rapid transit) station in the same complex and the ferries for Cape Cod literally leave from the jetty on the other side of the road. If you're taking tours such as Grey Line you're going to have walk over to one their main pick-up points Downtown, but the city trolley tours have a route which stops outside the hotel.

The hotel is fine; I thought it was relatively new but from other comments it appears the rooms have been renovated, in which case they've done a good job. They have all the facilities you'd expect and the Wi-Fi is free avoiding what can be a major irritant (if I'm paying big city East Coast hotel US prices I don't expect to pay for Wi-Fi was well). The service seemed good although I don't recall asking anything especially demanding of it. It was one of the two most expensive hotels on my trip around New England, but the prices didn't seem out of line with other downtown hotels.

I would recommend this hotel unless you are travelling in group with someone who has issues with walking on uneven surfaces or up/down stairs since there a quite a lot of elevated walkways in the Seaport complex and the sidewalks between the seaport and main part of downtown are pretty uneven.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We spent a night at the Seaport Boston Hotel, and our experience was incredible from the moment we walked through the door. Located in an extremely convenient location for those who take the Silver Line in, the Seaport Boston was just across the street from the water and just seconds from half a dozen great restaurants in the area. However, it was not the location that was the best part of the trip. It was the above-and-beyond service exemplified by the staff and service that reall caught my attention. Just wish I had stayed an extra day to enjoy the amenities such as the hotel pool and fitness center. However, it was a great overall experience and I am looking forward to staying again.

Room Tip: "Get a room facing the water, if possible. Beautiful views."
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan L
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your recent visit. Our team members strive to provide exceptionally personalized service to each of our guests and it is wonderful to learn that their efforts were memorable. We do hope we can welcome you back and yes, you must try Wave Health & Fitness!

Kind regards,