“Such a treat!!”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed again at The Seaport for the Boston wine expo. I had to work the event which is long days and very crowded. The Seaport is like a sanctuary. The rooms have recently been renovated and they are very bright and fresh. The views of the harbor are wonderful and the bathrooms are so beautiful. I work at a four diamond hotel and know the little things make a difference. The Seaport knows how to make all the little things perfect, down to the fresh orchids through out the hotel.
Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,008)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed here for 8 nights while attending the World Figure Skating Championships. I had no knowledge of the hotel, but it was one of the host hotels for the event. What a great find. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The mattress was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and I have back issues. The location is convenient - easy walk to the Convention Center, nice restaurants within walking distance, convenient access to transit, but even a cab to the Garden was reasonable. Loved having the workout facility included in the room rate, and that it was an actual full service fitness facility. I only had breakfast in Aura, but my eggs benedict was very good. I mostly ate in TAMO, the food was a bit expensive but very good, the staff friendly, and even when they got swamped with skating fans at midnight they never lost their professionalism. I found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The concierge desk was excellent, more than happy to walk us through choices for tours and transportation. The "no tipping" policy is a bit disingenuous, since an 18% charge is added to every transaction, but I would much rather pay that additional amount and not have to worry about tipping!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is our second year at the Seaport, we had another great experience. Wonderful place, newly renovated rooms are just gorgeous. Staff is wonderful, very efficient. Love the bar and food, we always have such fun after a hard day working the trade show.
Would highly recommend staying, weather or not attending a trade show
Thanks for such good service

Room Tip: Seems most rooms have good view. Boston sky line or Boston Harbor!
Reviewed 16 February 2014

What an amazing team of happy, helpful, thoughtful and caring people who put their customers first. And the room was perfect.

A little detail...
I was to propose to my girlfriend on the Odyssey last night and due to the snow storm they CANCELED the cruise. We had reservations to stay at the Seaport Hotel so we checked in. After getting the room I went to the lobby and met with Jillian at concierge. She listened carefully to my needs, plan and vision for what I wanted to do to create a memorable moment and she jumped all over it and owned it. It was truly like she was my "engagement planner!"

She found us a place with a champagne bar and ensured that the pianist could play my "engagement song." The place also had a restaurant and dancing for afterwards.

To think she spent the time and handles my problem with such professionalism and follow thru. Without her I would have been scrambling to make my once amazing plan even close.

My now fiancé, says that it was perfect night and it truly was so perfect and romantic. Thanks seaport hotel for caring.

Oh. And we came home to complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. What a class act.

• Stayed: February 2014
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

First, congratulations to you both on your engagement! I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay, as well as the story about how that evening came together. Jillian is a dedicated professional who takes great interest in each guest, and it is wonderful to hear how she assisted in planning your special night. Thank you for staying with us and best wishes!

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I am SO TORN on this review. Comfort of the newly renovated room they put us in 5 STARS! Gorgeous, elegant, comfy robes in the bathroom - loved the room. Ilir At the Aura restaurant - 20 star service! Buffet at Aura - 4 star. Valet employees and security team 4 stars.

But MANAGEMENT.... OHHHH the management - they need to grow up in this world. My car got backed into while the valet was taking it into the parking lot. The staff tried their darnest to apologize for the faux paz, but after not getting some critical information we need to fill out the police report, we had to bring in a MA PD Trooper to TELL management that we are ENTITLED to that information.... So, 45 minutes later (car got crashed into at 10 am, we found out at 240), you would think they would have offered to at a minimum reimburse the $44 for valet. As my husband lectured the manager, he just wanted to get away from the situation. With a smug unapologetic attitude. I felt terrible for the staff witnessing such poor leadership. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Management - just wanted off their property, and I guess they hope we never come back.... pitiful. Simply unacceptable. Was it their fault? Maybe not. Do they have cameras? Sure. Did the staff try their darnest to get us all the info - you betcha. Management on the other hand, could care less for our troubles on THEIR dime, on THEIR property.

If you are uber rich (in which case you would not be reading TA) or a celebrity, you have no worries. Us common folk, we simply don't count. Great location, great ammenities as long as nothing goes wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

This was a most regrettable incident. We are very appreciative that despite this unfortunate and frustrating experience, you provided significant compliments on the other aspects of your stay. We thank you for that and recognize such a gracious response under the circumstances. The manager you spoke with reached out to me by cell phone at the time you were speaking; unfortunately with the ambient noise, I did not hear the phone ring and missed connecting. I regret the delay in contacting you as I was unable to reach out yesterday. I have your contact information and look forward to speaking with you directly to apologize for the frustration.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I always stay at the Seaport Boston Hotel for the Boston Globe Travel Show. never any surprises and the entire staff is very helpful and courteous. I would recommend this property for anyone who is doing a show at the Seaport World Trade Center.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We love water so staying here was fantastic. Great views and we loved taking evening strolls looking for places to eat along the harbor. Transportation was a block away, bus and subway, so very convenient to get to anywhere else in the city. Very clean, elegant hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family