“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Lovely big airy rooms. Every mod-con is provided. There are plenty of outlets, usb points, lighting and storage. I particularly liked the master switch for room lights, with privacy and room ready for service option.

Fitness facilities are very good, with plenty of towels, nice big lockers, and clean showers. There is a great business centre provided.

Staff are very welcoming and friendly. Service was fantastic

Breakfast was probably a bit expensive, that would be my only criticism.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cheshire, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Seaport Hotel,

I had an awful experience with the Boston Seaport. My hotel reservation(317559)booked on February 21, 2014, was cancel on March 4th, 2014 without my knowledge. I became aware of cancellation the night before I my stay. I normally check with hotel the night prior to my arrival to ensure my reservation is active in the system. Seaport Hotel staff(Robert Artola and Dave) handled my crisis situation very poorly and un professional and did not make any effort to provide a room for to cover their mistake. I will never consider a hotel stay in future and will not recommend to family, friends and coaches and team members.

John

Room Tip: over price, over rated, un professional staff
2 Thank John_BO1962
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
This is an unfortunate situation but outside of our control. As we explained to this guest, the housing bureau that initially made this reservation, cancelled it on 3/4. By the time he called, we were in a sold out situation, and nothing less than full reinstatement would satisfy. We now had contracts with others to provide accommodations, and we were not in a position to jeopardize our ability to honor those contracts. He expressed his frustrations with us profusely and while we listened intently, there was unfortunately little we could do.

Hopkinton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I used Chase Sapphire points to book a room for one night for my family of 4 to attend my daughter's volleyball tournament. Chase's travel agent called the hotel to confirm that we would have a room with two double beds, and she was told that everything would be all set. When we arrived and checked in, we found that the room was an extremely small room with one king bed. When I went to the front desk, I was told very rudely by the desk attendant that, since I booked through a "third party," the hotel would not guarantee the room selection, and they were "sold out" of rooms with two beds. The attendant did offer to have two cots sent up, which would not fit in the room without removing a chair and table. Even then, when the cots were set up, it was extremely difficult to move about the room.

The remote control on the television did not work, so we had to request a new one. When we ordered room service and ordered two entrees for 3 of us, we were given three glasses, three sets of utensils, but no extra plates. Then when I later ordered dinner for my daughter, they forgot her drink and it took another 30 minutes from the time I called down until we received the missing glass of apple juice. By the time it was delivered, I was able to give them the room service tray, as my daughter had finished her meal,

The last straw was when, after seeing the reminder letter regarding daylight savings time in the room, I called to request a 6:30 am wakeup call and asked specifically that the front desk remember daylight savings. I was told, "Of course, we will be setting our clocks ahead," yet the call came at 7:30 am rather than 6:30. Thank goodness my daughter had set her iPhone alarm as a backup or she would have missed her match!

I was VERY disappointed with the service and the attitude of the front desk staff. Although I was using points to pay for the room, I do not think that should impact the level of service experienced. I work in a corporate environment and we often hold larger meetings at Boston area hotels, and I can assure you that we will NOT be holding meetings at the Seaport.

Room Tip: Best possible tip: Choose another hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mbstewart
We are very sorry for your recent disappointment at Seaport. Your situation has exposed one of our industry’s challenges. Reservations from a third party (online and by fax) are typically one way communication. A request for bed type is made but we have no way of acknowledging availability, and unfortunately it is often assumed that room types are guaranteed. We had another group in-house that had made a group reservation through Sales, blocking all rooms with two beds. This was a guaranteed contract. By the time we received your independent reservation, all rooms with two beds were assigned, and we had no contact information to reach you. Our room size is adequate but not generous as you mentioned; two cots and a king are a very tight fit. There is no excuse for the poor In Room Dining experience or delayed wake-up call, and we sincerely apologize for those errors. We regret this experience will prevent you from returning to Seaport to have a more positive stay.

VT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My family and I stayed here again to attend the NE Boat Show. The hotel is undergoing construction as rooms are being renovated (we did not see any construction). We stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms on the 11th floor. My wife loved the room, which was very clean, tastefully appointed, nice shower and comfortable beds. The 14 yr old appreciated the WiFi and the pool. In the morning (Sunday) the pool was a bit crowded and is geared more for swimming laps than hanging out. Staff was as helpful as during our last stay. The location is easily accessed from I-93 or I-90 and once there, it's a nice walk to Faneuil Hall, aquarium, etc (depending on weather). If you are attending an event at the Convention-Exhibition Center, it's a block away. The "T" is across the street so access to the Back Bay and other areas can be easily managed. We've stayed before and I'm sure we will stay again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

While clearly a business hotel during the week, this was a great location for a quick weekend getaway. We had planned to go to the Institute for Contemporary Art and eat at Legal Seafood so the Seaport Boston Hotel's location was perfect for walking to both.

Front desk check-in was very easy with the attendant asking if we were afraid of heights. When we said no, she put us on the top floor. Being that we were there on a Friday night/Saturday, we did see or hear any construction which apparently is happening at the hotel. Our room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable - not too hard, not too soft. Temperature control was great - warmed up quickly and was able turn the heat down. Parking in the basement garage was a bit pricey ($34) but was good through midnight after we checked out which was great for leaving the car there and going out and about all day Saturday.

The lobby bar was very busy on Friday night, I can only imagine what it's like during the week with business travelers. We took our drinks and sat out in the lobby which had plenty of seating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mashpee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just stayed at the Seaport this past Sunday after being in Boston for the National Golf Expo. Troubles with my company vehicle forced an additional one night stay without any reservations. Juelle at the front desk was terrific and extended the Expo Rate for the night even though it had officially ended. Room was immaculate, fresh, great amenities, top end bedding and a great HDTV to boot. Considering Boston rates at in town hotels, this was a great value. Would return any time.

Room Tip: Some great views from the upper floors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Matt H. I recently spent a weekend at the Seaport Boston Hotel which I would describe as one of my best experiences. The renovations to the Hotel and especially the rooms were extremely well done. The new high resolution flat screen TV’s and the other amenities were perfect. I also had a water view room which was great. The staff was extremely friendly and a nice change from the large chain hotels that I normally stay in. The fitness area and stream room are as nice as it gets and was very enjoyable. I would strongly recommend this hotel and would not stay anywhere else if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Water view is recommended
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for selecting Seaport. We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review, and it is good to hear you enjoyed one of our newly-renovated guest rooms. If your travels bring you back to Boston, we do hope to see you again. Thank you for your review.