“Comfortable and quiet”

Seaport Boston Hotel
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I chose the Seaport since it was close to the conference center and was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is. You are greatly warmly as you walk in; the staff are happy to help you with whatever needs you have. It is also full-service, meaning that tipping is not necessary. The hotel is right across the street from the SilverLine bus line to and from the airport, a real bonus! Plus the room was nice appointed, lots of plugs for all of the electronics, the fridge was only partially stocked with 'for-sale' items so there was room for left overs. Next time I travel to Boston for a conference, I'm staying here!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband recently attended a business trip with me so we could celebrate our anniversary. Not only did the staff treat us with the best southern hospitality at check-in, but we were welcomed with a complimentary bottle of champagne and fruit and cheese tray! The desk clerk made dinner reservations and the hotel comped our dessert! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Boston due to the extremely friendly staff, plush hotel rooms, and the wonderful food at The Seaport. We are already making plans to return!

Room Tip: Choose a waterfront room. It is very relaxing to watch the ships in the harbor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your stay. It is terrific to hear that you found our staff engaging and friendly, and that you enjoyed your visit. Best wishes for many more happy anniversaries!

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Seaport for 4 days. The hotel staff was friendly and professional throughout my stay. They made me feel welcome and appreciated.

The newly renovated rooms are excellent. The beds are comfortable and the amenities are what you'd expect from this class of hotel.

I'd suggest checking out the fitness area when you visit. Along with the pool being there they have a great selection of work out machines.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place offers the same price as the Westin, but for a much larger suite. It was very clean, spacious and convenient to food and BCEC. Staff was very nice, and the rooms were exquisite. The TV's were all top notch. The beds were incredibly soft and the pillows were softer-still!

This room has everything you want! The bathroom was a dream!!!! You can watch tv while you shower if you wanted to and you would definitely want to stay in the shower. There are 3 nozzle choices that allows you to customize the shower!

I would recommend this place without a doubt. I rented an executive suite, enough beds for 4 people, enough floor space for 2 more. Split among 6 people the room cost ~~$180/pp for 2 nights.

Room Tip: For 4-6 people, (assuming some don't mind the floor) I would suggest the Executive Suite. This r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the preferred Hotel due to a business trip for the New England Auto Show. From the 17th to the 20th in room 725. After the first night I noticed the next morning a couple of bite marks and ask my colleague if she encountered the same issue she said no but contacted guest management to make a complaint that they may have bed bugs. They assured it would be dealt with. It was not dealt with and my sheets weren't change but I had no proof. That following evening I placed a mark on the sheet and the next day when I returned from the convention. Those sheets were still there as my colleague had multiple bite marks along her legs. The hotel failed to provide a clean environment as well as rectifying the bed bug issue so please beware of room 725!! I will contact my agency to not book at this hotel anymore for convention shows! Disturbing and disgusting!!

• Stayed: January 2014
11  Thank Csylv
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Bed bugs are a concern for every traveler and an issue we take very seriously. No one and no place are immune to these pests and if someone says they are, it is either out of ignorance or deceit. Having said that, we have an extremely rigorous program for prophylaxis in deterrence, inspection and detection, and finally eradication. All housekeepers and management staff are trained on signs to look for and quarterly, each guest room is inspected using a specially trained dog (much like drug & bomb sniffing dogs). Our mattresses are encased with the latest technology. There have been rare instances when a guest has reported finding a bed bug and the resulting inspection confirmed a presence. At that time, we have special heating machines that heat the room to 140 degrees for eight hours, killing any possible bugs. We do this with the guest's luggage and clothing present in the room because these items may be the source. We want to make sure the guests do not have any hitchhikers in their luggage.

In this case, a thorough inspection did not find any sign of bed bugs. We tried to reach the guest and left a voice mail message in their room. A message was left at the desk at check out. We cannot confirm or deny that the message at the desk was not passed on and we are not sure if the guest just left without stopping at the desk (frequently the case) or if the guest checked out at the front desk and the agent did not share the message. Literature will tell you that not all people bitten by bed bugs will show signs, while some people will not show signs of being bitten until 1-3 days after the actual bite. There were no bed bugs in room 725 in January, nor are there now. I am sorry for this guest's experience but I am highly confident the source of the problem was not in the Seaport Hotel.

Kind regards,

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2014

After staying at various hotels in Boston I recently had my 2nd stay at the Seaport Hotel. One great experience could be a fluke but now I've had 2 experiences that have been exactly the same - fantastic! The staff is eager to help and extremely friendly. We ate at the restaurant each morning for breakfast and also spent a decent amount of time at the bar ... the food is excellent and the bartenders were fun as well. I also love the fact that it's a tip inclusive hotel and don't have to constantly ensure that I have cash on hand. The gym/pool area is huge and has enough equipment to satisfy whatever you're in to. I also like the location ... 15 min to the airport and walking distance to the North Side, the Financial District and of course the harbor area attractions are right out the front door. When you factor in everything I also believe it's a good value for the overall cost.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were recently renovated - extremly clean and functional. They actually renovate th...
1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Having stayed several times at the Westin Waterfront, which is a couple of blocks from this hotel, I know and like the area, and find it a better place to stay than in downtown, where the hotels are older.

I found the Seaport a very well-run business-oriented hotel. Check-in was quick (though the lady who checked me in could have slowed down her delivery of all the features a bit!), and I was given a room on the 10th floor. Rooms are spacious, and very well-appointed. Wi-fi is free, and they have free bottles of water, which come in handy to keep by the bedside. Also, I was very impressed by the thoughtful placement of outlets by the bed, on both bedside tables. The lack of outlets is probably my biggest frustration with hotels claiming to be business friendly - some of them assume you'll sit at the tiny desk to work, but most of us use our laptops in bed, especially when we're catching up on work late evening after the meetings are over, so outlets within reach of the bed are very useful. Another reason for bedside outlets is for charging phones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses my phone as an alarm, and being able to keep it on the bedside table while its charging is important. I wish more hotels understood this - I spend way too much time moving furniture to get to outlets, or wishing I had brought an extension cord!

Anyway, back to the Seaport. My original room was next to the elevator, and I found it a tad noisy, but a request to the front desk the next morning got me a new room within minutes, with an offer to move my carry-on, even though the hotel was quite full.

The location is excellent - public transport is right next to the hotel, its a nice walk along the waterfront to downtown if you like walking, its VERY convenient to get to/from the airport, and getting on the major highways north or south is also very easy, and avoids the congestion of downtown Boston.

Plenty of good restaurants in the area, including Legal Seafoods, and several have great harbor views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
1  Thank visual