“"World Class Boutique Hotel" What an absolute pleasure to stay in this amazing Hotel”
Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #10 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

XV Beacon was simply the most amazing experience i have had with a Hotel / Boutique Hotel to date.

The decision to go with XV Beacon was made based on the fact that we were travelling up from New York where we had stayed 12 days at the Marriott Marquis over Christmas & New Years. What we were after was a smaller, quieter & more boutique style hotel. What we discovered in XV Beacon though, was a hidden gem.

It all started with contacting the Concierge from their website prior to our arrival (about 2 months). I was after recommendations for great restaurants in the area and also appropriate tours of inner-city Boston which would give us a real sense of what Boston had to offer.

The Concierge's name was Jonathan. I cannot praise Jonathan enough for all the work & attention he put in to my requests. He listened & his local knowledge was brilliant. The recommendations were exactly what i was looking for and as a result we booked all the restaurants for each night along with a couple of the tours he recommended (for anyone looking / interested there is a 'North End Tour' that i would highly recommend which will give you a great sense of the food culture & history in Boston's North End.)
Jonathan also helped in sourcing tickets for both a local NBA & NHL game for the time that we were there.
Considering all of the above was discussed & confirmed over email and prepared before my arrival (including the tickets for both the NBA & NHL which were delivered and ready to go at the Hotel) needless to say my expectations were well and truly exceeded by this stage.
Jonathan's attention to detail and ability to help the guests queries 100% of the time was a clear standout for this brilliant Hotel.

Both Michael & Molly (whom are the other two Concierge's there were also incredibly good to deal with, very helpful and very knowledgeable)

Upon arrival to XV Beacon we used the complimentary car service to collect us from 'South Station'. A fantastic feature provided by the Hotel which we used as much as possible to help in getting us around Boston to either dinner reservations or sports games! This was as easy as calling the hotel 10 minutes before the train arrived into South Station and the car was waiting and ready to collect us.

The driver we mainly had was a chap by the name of Chris who was absolutely brilliant. He gave us some great local information and insight into Boston and also helped in giving us feedback for some of the things we had already booked.

The rooms at XV Beacon were simply stunning.
Generous on space, well appointment & fantastic amenities. These alone will guarantee the perfect stay.
The Hotel's layout was very appropriate for both its location and size which gave us as guests a very warm welcoming upon arrival. The style in which XV Beacon had been decorated gave a certain charm you don't often find these days in hotels.

I have been fortunate to have travelled alot both personally and with work, XV Beacon to date has been the best experience of my travelling life on all levels. A World Class Hotel that will both guarantee a deliver a truly magnificent stay / experience.

Both Jonathan (Concierge) & Chris (Driver) are what i would see as incredibly valuable assests to XV Beacon and just helped in making the experience for us one we will never forget.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank chris_mayes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
houston, tx
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel was AMAZING! Our room was beautiful, out view was stunning, the service was beyond - we were treated like royalty. Even our five year old daughter got freshly ironed Frette linens on the pull out couch (which was remarkably comfortable - I fell asleep reading to her!). The fireplace in out room was a welcome amenity since it was chilly out. The complementary car service ROCKED! The driver was so smooth he made us forget that we were driving in Boston. This hotel exceeded our expectations on every level. Even the hotel restaurant - Moo was just voted best steak house in Boston. It was full but the still managed to get us a table (see what I mean about impeccable service...) and the meal was one of the best we had on our trip. If you can , spend a little extra for the city view rooms in the front - the view is unbelievable! Any way you go, you will be delighted with your choice to stay here. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Get a room in the front (even numbers) of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mbfrye
Holliston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Fifteen Beacon is truly a world class hotel located in the heart of Boston in the beautiful Beacon Hill district. I have traveled exetensively to many different countries throughout the world and have stayed in all the top hotels including the Four seasons, the Ritz, etc. and I can honestly say that this hotel tops them all in overall quality, beauty, and specifically the guest rooms. Every room comes equipped with a beautiful working gas fireplace and a king size plush and comfortable bed. The Westin heavenly bed has nothing on these beds! Fifteen Beacon's rooms are the most spacious and beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in. Their overall character - right down to the beautiful crown molding throughout and big comfortable desiner fabric chairs is spectacular. The rooms come with every amenity you could need and if you don't see something you want, their staff will happily accomodate you. The guest services staff are the nicest and most hospitable staff I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. If you want to stay in an absolutley top notch, beautiful hotel with world class service, Fifteen Beacon is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I threw a surprise birthday for my wife in Boston and looked at every hotel in town, ultimately settling on Beacon. We simply could not have been happier. Without question our experience at Beacon stands out as the single best hotel experience I've ever had; simply world class in every respect. The perfect amenities, location and rooms alone are reason enough to stay here, but the service just takes it to a new level. From the valet to the concierge to the front desk, at every opportunity, the Beacon staff never fail to earn your business and respect. The concierge in particular is the best I've ever experienced. From great restaurant recommendations (not a bad one in 4 days) to planning events and logistics, they provide top-notch service.

From months before our arrival (about twelve people coming to town) the concierge helped me plan a weekend of events to surprise my wife. From a surprise reception to nights on the town to an impromptu brunch for 12 at the restaurant, they were engaged, personally involved and even followed up after the event to ensure everything was perfect- and indeed it was.

Please write if you have any questions- I cannot speak more highly of this place, and we will be back!

Finally, a note on the restaurant. I typically feel compelled to avoid hotel restaurants, but the Beacon restaurant is the exception. The brunch we had at Beacon is something we will talk (and dream) about for years, just perfect, relaxed, and absolutely phenomenal. It set a new standard for brunch after a night out- don't miss this place!

Room Tip: Spring for one f the corner suites- just great views, but all the rooms we saw were fantastic
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife and I stayed her for a night for our anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased. I could rave on and on but will try to make it concise and to the point.

Concierge team is TOP notch. They made dinner reservations, arranged multiple trips in the house car (definitely used this amenity) before I even checked in. Everything was smooth and on time. The manager sent a complimentary bottle of champagne and snacks to our room upon arrival, which was a appreciated.

We stayed in a Studio Room which was fantastic. Very nice blend of contemporary and old Boston charm. Well appointed, very nice linens in the bathroom, great selection from the mini bar, bed was SOOO comfortable. Fireplace was great and the surround sound through out the room and bathroom was pretty cool. TV reception wasn't very good, but we only had it on for about 5 minutes anyway. Doorbell for each room was neat and a light on the outside of the door to indicate "service" or "privacy" was something i hadn't seen before, but I liked it. Very clean room and bathroom, loved the hardware in the bathroom and shower. Jetted tub was nice and relaxing.

We had room service for breakfast and it was delicious. Only took about about 10 minutes to bring up eggs Benedict, continental breakfast, coffee, juice and a fruit plate. My only complaint it the breakfast was a bit pricy at $60, but for room service I guess I cant complain too much. I will admit it was some of the better room service I've had. I doubt the breakfast would have been better in the restaurant, which is rarely the case with room service, so I guess i can swallow the high price.

A wonderful experience for my wife and I and we will certainly be back in the near future for a nice weekend getaway. Great boutique hotel and highly recommended. I would highly recommend trying this out for a more personalized, unique experience rather than some of the luxury "chain" hotels in the city. You wont regret it.

Room Tip: Choose the Studio room which had a decent view. I would would recommend getting a Corner Studio, if...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 22 December 2011

On a brief couples' romp in downtown Boston, we arranged to stay at XV Beacon to take a couple nights away from the crazy daily life. Our well-pampered stay here was just what we needed.

If you want to pass on valet parking, the Boston Common Garage is a great alternative right close-by.

The hotel itself oozes class and sophistication. Travelers used to hotels that only do the bare minimum are in for a happy surprise. Plus, the genuinely fiendly and endlessly helpful staff will ensure that you do not go wanting for anything.

Without doubt a modern hotel, it boasts every convenience expected of a 21st-century establishment. Sure, there's WiFi, an iPod dock, flatscreen TV with surround and an auto-bar, however entering the building feels almost like a step back in time. Like a grand-dame hotel of old compressed into a smaller space, everything from the elevators to the rooms live and breathe an air of experience in the art of elegance. Openly defying today's slap-dash and on-the-cheap culture, XV aims for doing it right the first time.

Smack dab in the heart of Beantown within easy walking distance of both the waterfront / Faneuil Hall area and Theatre District, XV Beacon capitalizes on terrific location without skimping on quality. Downtown Crossing is a stone-throw past the State House with food and nightlife just seconds away. Park the car and forget it because between the "walking city" and the hotel's complimentary Lexus car service, you won't need it.

Expect to splurge on this trip. But if a swanky few nights on the town are what you're after, look no further. XV Beacon has you covered.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank RoninOtter
Boston
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This is the one of the best "hidden gems" of Boston. Boston is so wonderfully small and quaint and really, you can't be a far walk from anything, but XV is so close to everything! You are right next to the State House, Fanuil Hall, Downtown Crossing, Boston Public Garden. Moo is AMAZING. The Hotel is so small and sweet, but the service is right up there with the big guys. Love it.

Room Tip: Beds are amazing!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple