I feel like you've slipped a bit- I've been coming to the XV for years, but this stay was just underwhelming. It doesn't fit the rate, your services are a 5 at best, and you charge an 8, or 9.
1. Concierge seemed beyond her capacity to be accommodating and effective in her role. Was told "sorry", the house car "doesn't go that far". I'm sure Lexus makes cars that can travel well, and still make it to Boston University from Beacon street.
2. Bell staff member came to drop off our suitcase, and entered the room without knocking first, while my wife and I were in it. Creepy, and alarming. Oh, hello? Care to knock first? At least introduce yourself..
3. You used to offer a turndown, with a chocolate, or a cookie or something- This visit, nothing, no turndown even.
4. You used to offer a newspaper. Now, nothing, Desk staff mentioned something about an online version of the NY Times as we left. Too little, too late.
5. You seem to have a very young staff- Are there any adults working at the XV these days?
6. Room service staff was young, and didn't need to place the table directly next to bed with my wife in it. Never asked to enter the room- Boundaries are love, people.
Any of these alone is a minor complaint, but taken together, the bloom has come off the XV Beacon a bit. There are newer places, other places, It's unfortunate, you were the go-to, never wavering, and now have joined the herd. Welcome back to the median.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XV Beacon Hotel reigns over Boston's historic Beacon Hill neighborhood in its turn-of-the-century landmark Beaux Arts building. The modern furnishings counterbalanced by a grand staircase of marble, mahogany paneling and original caged-glass elevator reflect how past lives transform into the present. The 63-room luxury boutique hotel, recognized for peerless personal service, sophisticated interiors and luxurious custom amenities, distinguishes itself with its sense of heritage, peacefulness of home and utmost discretion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your XV Beacon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xv Beacon Boston
- Xv Beacon Hotel Boston