“The BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE we have had in YEARS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #10 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston
“The BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE we have had in YEARS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

FANTASTIC!!! A hidden gem in the heart of Boston!
OUTSTANDING personal, friendly service! Everyone knew our names! They catered to our every whim!
SUPERB room! Turn on the gas fireplace and stereo from the bed! Every amenity you could possibly ask for is in the room!
GREAT workout room, which overlooks the roof deck!
UNIQUE roof deck! My wife and I made our own private party on the 2-level roof deck overlooking Boston and Cambridge -- which we had all to ourselves!. I walked to Boston's Italian North End, got fresh appetizers from an authentic Italian market, we made cocktails, creating a unique, romantic, private experience above the heart of Boston!

WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!!!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND XV BEACON!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for a long weekend. From the moment we arrived it was a joy. From Mark on the door, Mitchell who checked us in and Jeff whose advice was excellent, all the staff were superb. Hotel was lovely, we upgraded to a junior suite for an extra $50 and it was worth it. Having the hotel car to drop us off to different places around town was very handy. Location is excellent for sightseeing and close to the park and Fanueil Hall. I would defo stay there again if travelling to Boston.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Newton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

My husband and I stayed for one night for a short getaway checking in on a Friday evening Memorial day weekend. XV Beacon is housed in a small historic building with awesome details, art deco design, with a European feel. While checking in, the Concierge offered us iced tea or lemonade which was a nice touch. We stayed in a standard room, cozy, with full of great amenities- a comfortable canopy bed, cd player with great selections, gas fireplace, cordless phones. A nice touch was a welcome platter with cookies and chocolate dipped strawberries. A good way to start a getaway. The bathroom was spacious and the rain shower was awesome- love the water pressure. They offer a line of Fresh bathroom amenities. I especially enjoyed having a vanilla flavored lip balm to use since I had forgotten mine. The hairdryer was a professional one which did not burn my hair- a pet peeve when I travel to most hotels. We sat up at the Rooftop Deck to take in the sights of the City. It was a warm clear evening with great views of the State House, Boston Common and Boston Harbor. We walked around Beacon Hill and Charles Street to checkout some local places. We also went to the North End which is a nice 10 minute stroll for coffee and pastries. We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant Moo during this trip. I had lunch at Moo a while back and the food was great, and the portions were enormous. Morning came and we took our time getting up and ready to head on back home to the kids and our busy lives.

My husband and I travel a lot for business and pleasure and have been to many great places. This one was unique since we are locals and it's rare that we stay at a Boston hotel. It was a memorable weekend, albeit short. We're talking about another short getaway sometime soon!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

This hotel is a hip and swanky hotel with a very accommodating staff. I am from Boston and my boyfriend is from Europe. We were supposed to go to NYC, but his business ended up in Boston for a long weekend. He insisted that we still 'get away' though I lived here. We landed at XV Beacon Hotel. From the moment we walked through the front door, it was the perfect vacation. We were greeted with the friendliest staff, assisted with all reservations (cars, reservations, concert tickets, etc). It was incredible. The staffs candor and cooperativeness was our topic at lunch, as both of us have traveled all over the world and not yet been a guest at a hotel that we had zero complaints....not even one between us! The rooms were more than we expected in every way, as well as the attentiveness of the housekeeping staff.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, visitor and Bostonian alike!

.....the front desk staff even remembered our names through the entire stay! Amazing!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at the XV Beacon recently and from the minute we got out of our car (valet right at the entrance) to the minute we left the service/staff was exceptional. The rooms were beautiful and very clean and much larger than we expected from a historical building. There wasn't anything that had been left out, from the stereo playing when we entered the room to the weather report for the next day sitting on the night stand! The hotel is located right in the heart of Boston next to the Common and a few minutes walk to the waterfront, the possibilities are endless for restaurants and night life. We would definitely go back to this hotel, combined with the location we had a great experience!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Upton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

We stayed at XV Beacon Hotel last night and absolutely loved it. From the minute we drove up and throughout our stay, we were very well taken care of. Josh, the conceriege, was so helpful and attentive, the room was beautiful and had everything we needed, the roof-top jacuzzi and garden was a nice surprise which we took advantage of and the location was just perfect - situated right between Newbury St. and Fanueil Hall. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

When I get back to Boston, there's no question that my preferred place to stay is XV Beacon. I've been there a few times and each stay has been great. The rooms are excellent- I love the fireplaces. The location is very good for working in the Financial District and central for walking around the city for social pursuits. Their in-house car service is a nice touch as well for going out to dinner when its available. If you are going to Boston and don't stay at XV Beacon, you are really missing out.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business