“The best Boston hotel experience I have had.”
Review of XV Beacon

XV Beacon
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Beacon XV could be one of the best places i have stayed. They go above and behond in every detail. From the moment you walk in to getting to your room, you are treated like royalty. Everyone there is eagar to help you. The rooms are tastefully done. We enjoyed being able to set a time for room service in the morning, and having a driver at our disposal. It is a little pricy, but well worth it. I would highly reccomend staying there i fyou have a chance.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 16 September 2009

It's nice, but not what it should be for the money. Small, overcrowded bedroom - no place to turn around, no place to put a room service tray. No washcloths or waste basket in the bathroom. No way to turn on the shower (and let it warm up) without standing under it. No half bottles of wine on the room service menu, full bottles (red) starting at $90. Mini-bar half bottles start at $60 (and go to $295). Mini bar also home to stale $8.70 candy bars. Morning paper was promised but not delivered. Sluggish internet. Small imperfections, but not acceptable to me at these prices.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I was on my way to Provincetown and decided to spend a few days in Boston, just to look around. I prefer smaller boutique hotels over big dinosaur chain hotels and XV Beacon did not disappoint. I was given a large corner room with a view of the Common and a bit of skyline and the room itself was nicely appointed. It was not perfect and some of the custom furniture did show a little wear and tear but this is to be expected. Also, the dark wood on the bathroom doors showed splashes of lotions that I guess the cleaning staff missed. But these are small details. The special couldn't be beat (3 nights for the price of 2) and the breakfast credit was generous. The restaurant was top notch too and accomodated special dietary requests without a problem. One of the best parts of my stay was chatting with Julie, the concierge. She's a no nonsense, straight shooter who gets the job done and made excellent recommendations. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a more intimate, small hotel experience. And the limo service is a great touch too...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank jjohnzi
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I second (and third) everything others have mentioned about this wonderful hotel . . . it truly is a great experience. Oh, and the Lexus with a driver, I felt like the queen of Boston for 3 days.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2009

My wife and I spent 3 nights at XV Beacon. The staff was outstanding, the room was exceptional and the location, perfect. It was the best experience we've had in a very long time. I highly recommend XV Beacon to anyone visiting Boston.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I have nothing but good things to say about this fabulous gem of a hotel. I knew it was going to be great from the moment we arrived as we were greeted by the friendliest, most helpful staff. The rooms were magnificent - huge and beautifully furnished in a trendy but comfortable style. The bathroom had a powerful shower with a huge shower head which was great. The restaurant, Moo served delicious food but the huge portions took us a bit by surprise. Next time we travel to Boston we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My partner and I recently got married at City Hall in Boston (by the way City Hall great ceremony) and we were looking for a hotel that we could get ready at, closed to City Hall that was also PET FRIENDLY. Well XV Beacon met all of our expectations for an upscale boutique hotel, beautiful lobby, well appointed room, and exceptional roof deck (which is a great location for pictures). What set XV Beacon above most upscale boutique hotels is the staff! Whatever we needed it was there, if not someone quickly brought it to us. I’ve stayed at several other hotels that claim to be “Pet Friendly” yes you might be able to bring your pet but you always feel like they are not really welcome. Well I can say our English Bull dog felt very welcome all of the staff from the door men, to the front desk to the concierge to the GM, who played with Kaptin for awhile, made us feel completely welcome with our puppy. We will definitely keep XV Beacon in mind for family and friends that come to visit and need a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple