“Great management - wish I could've stayed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Caj Guest House Worcester Street
Reviewed 1 August 2008

I booked a stay at Caj House in which I had intended to stay for several months. In late May (getting close to my scheduled arrival in July), I had a family emergency and could not make my stay. Walter was great throughout the entire process - quickly answering my questions, and when I suddenly couldn't stay, he refunded all of my money promptly (less my deposit, which was quite fair). These people were nothing but understanding and professional about what was a difficult situation for me.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank DocOwl

Reviewed 7 July 2008

I spent six weeks here, and was very impressed with the place. It was very clean and bright, very quiet, and in an excellent location. I would recommend one of the rooms on the front of the building. I was on the second floor, and it was bright, with a nice view of the street.

T suggestion: If you're staying here and going downtown on the T, take the Silver Line, which is only a block away, and very poorly documented, even on the MBTA website.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank TrevorCdn
Reviewed 10 May 2008

In 2006-07, I stayed on the top floor of the CAJ House for ten months. I loved it. Now I think of the CAJ House as my home away from home whenever I travel to Boston on business. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. In February 2008 I stayed there again for a week. My apartment this time was on the second floor instead of in my old "nest," but I liked it too. The building was just as quiet, comfortable, safe, and well managed as I remembered.

The location is superb. It's a great neighborhood. This block of Worcester Street is friendly and quiet, lined with lovely buildings. Great restaurants, the T, the symphony, the Prudential Center are all within ten minutes' walk of the CAJ House.

The apartment building itself feels like a home. I love the carpeted stairway, the layout of the rooms, the friendly furnishings that make me feel like I'm visiting a friend instead of staying at a "hotel." High-speed internet access is excellent. The kitchen is well furnished.

During my 10-month stay at the CAJ House, I had opportunities to see all the other rooms and I can vouch that they are all as well appointed and comfortable as the two I have stayed in. I warmly recommend the CAJ House to anyone who wants a comfortable, quite, home-like place to stay in Boston. You won't find better.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Historian-in-Boston
Reviewed 25 April 2008

This is a warning to anybody trying to book a stay at Caj Guest House. - DON'T.

My husband and I contacted Walter direct and asked if we could rent one of his apartments for four nights in July this year. He replied to our email by stating that we would have to pay for a week even though we only wanted four nights and this would cost us $800. When we queried this he cut the price by $100 still insisting we booked a week which we then tried to do by filling out his booking form.

We asked him if we could check out at 11pm on the fourth night of our stay to catch a Greyhound bus but he insisted the latest we could check out was 7pm because of the noise we might create. He obviously thinks all his guests are in bed and asleep by 7pm!.

He then ignored our two following emails for 48 hours finally coming back to us stating that as he had rented the apartment for a long term let, would we like to rent it for different dates than we had originally asked for which was, of course, no good to us.

After messing us around for a week we are left with no accommodation in Boston and we have to start all over again.

If you want to be messed around like us then go ahead and try and book, but if you head our warning you will stay away from Caj Guest House.

It is not worth the stress and worry that this has caused us.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank davidadrienne
Reviewed 5 February 2008

I could not have found a better place for my 2 1/2 month stay in Boston. CAJ House is well situated in the dynamic South End, close to the Silver Line bus running into downtown. Amenities are nearby, including dry cleaners and groceries. Laura, the house manager, is extremely responsive and helpful. The apartment I rented (#5) was wonderfully appointed, clean, comfortable, and spacious. The bathroom is very small, but functions well and has a tub.

Stayed: April 2004
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I stayed for 3 weeks in Feb 2007 while working at my company's HQ just outside Boston. I walked to Back Bay and commuted out.

The location was great, and I just started to get to know the stores and restaurants in walking distance.

The apartment was small (up in the attic), but worked just fine. Warm, clean and well stocked. I really enjoyed it.

I would definitely stay again and recommend to others. It's hard to find affordable central rentals for mid term stays.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2008

We stayed in CAJ Guest House (apartment no.8) for one month in July 2007. The apartment is warm, bright, and comfortable, with great facilities including wireless internet, telephone, cable TV, a fully equipped kitchen, and laundry in the building. The owner and manager are very friendly and helpful: whenever you have a problem, you can count on them! The location is very convenient: close to bars and restaurants, as well as public transportation. We lived in the South End some years before and we loved it… this stay sparked our passion for this quaint and red brick neighborhood again...

Federica & Tommaso