“Great place - great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Caj Guest House Worcester Street
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The Caj House, Worcester Street apartments are located on a quiet tree lined street. Its a lovely setting although the pavements have become uneven in places due to tree roots. Its not hazardous - just a bit bumpy in spots! The nearest subway station is less than 10 minutes walk and there are plenty of restaraunts nearby. The Prudential Shopping Centre is about 15 minutes walk. The booking process was very easy and we were provided promptly with all the information we needed. Walter and Mike are very quick to respond to e-mails. Although we didn't receive instructions on how to access the apartment until the day before we left the UK we were assured that someone would meet us at the apartment to greet us. We called Walter from the airport and he arrived at Worcester Street a few minutes after we did. He was extremely helpful, not just explaining everything about the apartment, but the best places to to eat, visit and shop. There is free WiFi and communication between Walter, Mike via e-mail was regular throughout our stay. I felt as though we could ask anything and it was never a problem. The replies were always helpful and prompt. The apartment was spacious, comfortable and quiet. Everything worked as it should have. Worcester Street is easily accessible from the airport using the excellent subway system so unless you have loads of luggage I would avoid the expense of a tax. The journey costs $2 per person on the subway and there are elevators between platforms. On leaving we were able to leave our luggage in the basement area untl we needed it. Everything was seamless!! I got my deposit back into my PayPal account within a day or so of leaving. I would highly recommend Caj house as a place to stay. Many people stay for long periods but we stayed a week at a fraction of the cost of staying in a hotel. We would definately choose to stay here again if visiting the lovely city of Boston. Thanks Walter and Mike for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2010

I spent two months at Caj Guest House on Worcester Street. My studio was very well decorated, had a nice and comfortable sofa, cable tv, wireless internet, a kitchen with all the appliances one might need, a comfy bed, a nice bathroom, and amazing lighting with three windows that made the whole place look very homey when the sun was shining. I felt right at home, also thanks to Walter and Laura that took good care of me.
The street is very quiet and the neighborhood friendly and convenient. The T is just a couple of blocks away and there's plenty of very nice restaurants in the area.
I'd love to return and spend some more time at Caj!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The CAJ House was recommended by a friend, and it was everything they said it would be. Good location, great price, and totally suited for my needs. Management was flexible and understanding with my changing schedule.
Thanks Walter and Mike!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aaronboricua
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I stayed at Caj house on Worcester this summer and it was wonderful. The price is great for all that you get. Worcester is located close to two parallel running main streets; Tremont and Washington. So, when you leave Caj house…it doesn’t matter if you go left or right….either way…. you are just a few blocks away from the all the restaurants and shops that the exciting Southend has to offer. The street is so quiet and yet you can get to the busier streets in minutes. There is an old world Victorian feel to the building and street, and the entry to Caj house is very inviting. The location never left me stranded because transportation is just around the corner. The management is exceptional. They always respond to any call and go out of their way to help out-of-towners traveling to Boston for the first time. The apartments are clean and cozy. I would stay there again and again. I was in Boston studying and attending a stressful training program. At the end of the day… I went home to Caj house on Worcester and it was indeed my safe haven…a place to relax and enjoy the view. Walter, the owner and Mike, guest services, are great guys and always there to help the tenants. Do yourself a favor….if you go to Boston, stay at CAJ house!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2010

During my recent business trip to Boston, I had the opportunity to stay both at CAJ House Tremont Street and at this other CAJ guest house, on Worcester Street. I thought both were great places to stay in terms of sheer value for money (I've given the Tremont Street building an excellent rating as well), but somehow CAJ House Worcester Street really captured a corner of my heart - mostly, I think, because I just really loved my apartment. It had just the right mix - homey decor, lots of space, a great view of the street, just a great feel overall. This CAJ House is also on a (much) shorter, less busy and quieter street than the other one, and while I loved both, staying here was a little more peaceful and restful.

My comments on CAJ Tremont Street also apply to this guest house, so I won't repeat them here, but I'll just add a few words about the management, who are very competent, decent and kind people. I really loved staying here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Maxxe80
Reviewed 23 February 2010

A ten-minute walk to music at Jordan Hall, Symphony, Berklee Performance Center, and the inestimable Wally's Cafe. Ten minutes also gets you to theater at Huntington Theatre, Boston Center for the Arts, and the Lyric Stage. Plus about a dozen of the best restaurants in Boston. This in one of the neighborhoods the AIA guide calls "the largest surviving examples of Victorian architecture in the United States."

Our studio was quiet, clean, and pleasantly furnished. The kitchen was semi-microscopic, but everything worked. It was easy to work with the staff, who were very accomodating about our off-hours arrival and departure. All in all an exceptionally pleasant place to stay in a wonderful location at a reasonable price.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perpetualpedestrian
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I stayed at Apt 11, Worcester St for 2 months from Feb to April and felt right at home in the spacious and well furnished apartment. It contained everything promised on the website, and looked exactly the same! Kudos for honest advertising. I loved the view of the street in different weather - sunrise, sunset, snow and sun! The tree right outside the window fascinated me... pity i didn't get to see it in full foliage in Spring.

The worst thing about it was lugging my heavy luggage up the narrow staircase, but once that was over, I had no problems making myself a home away from home for 2 months. With wireless internet connection, i could truly stay in touch with home from the dining room table.

Heating was a little unpredictable but i never had to go cold. And Walter and Mike were most helpful and friendly, coming to my help soon as i called.

As a solo female traveller, i felt safe in the environs with nearby convenience stores.
To get around, i recommend the Silver line close by on Washington Street which has connections to the other lines. I also walked almost everywhere - with the Symphony Hall, Prudential Shops all within walking distance. Also surrounded by excellent restaurants in the South End (albeit a bit pricey), it's an excellent location if you don't plan to cook.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business