“Great Service in a Boston Landmark”

Marriott Vacation Club Pulse at Custom House, Boston
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Walnut Creek, CA
“Great Service in a Boston Landmark”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Concierge and desk staff were knowledgeable, courteous, helpful and warm. Our room had a door between our room and the living room, so our kids could sleep on the fold out couch separately from us. They did not find the couch comfortable, so I thought about rating this very good instead of excellent, but it was such an amazing find. There were recreation activities, and the building is a landmark. Because the building is so cool, Seth MacFarlane was making a movie (Ted 2) and my son and I got to be extra's. Its right down town. I didn't know Boston before I booked the hotel, but I stayed in the right place. Its right downtown, you can walk everywhere. We didn't have a car. It is right by lots of places to eat and a beautiful location.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DebbieZumba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was a fantastic location for us. Right in the center of all of the north side of the city. The room was awesome. We had a 2nd floor, 2 story room. A second set of steps inside the room led to an upper open bedroom. The only problem was that the A/C cant cool the the upper level. The bedroom was 76degrees while the bottom floor was cranking the A/C at 65degrees. We called to complain about the heat when we were trying to sleep. The site engineer came and adjusted the vents to point upwards, but it did little to help the temperature of the room.

The staff is awesome, great activities here too.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms are 2 stories, but the 2nd floor is, I would stay off of this floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank artvandalay1
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic to stay in an iconic building. Check out the observation deck and the rotunda. Always easy to find the Clock Tower. Staff were wonderful and location superior for seeing Boston. So close to so many historical locations. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LINY
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A beautiful remodel of an old building it is elegant in spite of small rooms. No wasted space plenty of storage and a kitchenette with microwave and and mini fridge. It is hard to get reservations but well worth it and we will stay here again in the future. Great views from room and observation deck. Laundry and ice on 24th floor was inconvenient but not many options in a small building.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
New London, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Marriott's Custom House on August 10. I normally stay at a Marriott, because I am a Marriott Rewards member. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel, and it won't be the last. My wife and arrived around 1:30 PM, and there was a room already available. Our checkin went very smoothly. Our room was 503, which faced the Boston Harbor. All the rooms in this hotel are villas, and there are only 4 or 5 per floor. Because of this, the noise level is very quiet. The villas are designed for a long term stay, and they have high ceilings, are very spacious, and clean. The living area is separated from the bedroom area by a partition and door. Even the bathroom is very spacious. The location of this hotel is ideal, because it is within easy walking distance to most of Boston's key attractions. There is also a T stop (Blue Line) that is almost adjacent to the hotel. In addition, I am a digital photo enthusiast, so the hotel's observation deck is ideal for picture taking. I was able to get numerous night time photos of the Boston skyline with a full moon in the background. This hotel does not have a restaurant, but a continental breakfast is served for a nominal fee. In summary, my wife and I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Boston.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William S
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is ideally located within walking distance to just about anything you might want to do in downtown Boston. The hotel itself is very cool - an old clocktower! It is also a distinct landmark when walking around in town, so you always know where the hotel is. There is an amazing observation deck which gives you a full 360 degree view of Boston day or night. The rooms are large and clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The kitchenette with fridge and microwave was also very handy.
All in all a great hotel. However, there are 2 things stopping me from giving this hotel 5 stars. The first one is that I booked the hotel over 7 months before we stayed there and made a request for a higher floor. While I realize this was just a request and requests can't always be honoured, I would have expected with how far ahead I booked, we might have been given a room slightly higher up than the second floor overlooking the noisy Irish pub. Thankfully the windows are very well insulated so we weren't too disturbed.
The second thing is the street people hanging around right out front of the hotel. There is a convenience store right across the street from the hotel (which is very handy) but I think this is what attracts the street people. When we were coming back to the hotel by cab one morning (10AM), we had to pause getting out of the cab as there was a small scuffle between two drunks right out front of the hotel doorway. Instead of the two valets asking the two to move along, they just stood there and let them continue. I really feel for the street people, but they were very aggressive in their panhandling leaving me feel unsafe going in and out of that part of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle C
Toronto
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here as a family for four nights. We loved this hotel. It was clean, comfortable, with a great location. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was perfect for a family of four. My husband and I stayed in the bedroom with a super comfortable king size bed. Our children slept in the living area. My son on the pull out couch and my daughter on a roll away brought to our room. The room also had a little kitchenette with fridge so we ate breakfast every day in our room with groceries bought from a nearby store. This was our first trip to Boston and loved how the hotel was a minute walk from Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, and a two minute walk to the harbour and Aquarium. Other local sites and great restaurants were all within easy walking distance. The hotel also had a great view of the city from their observation deck and a lot of activities ( nightly entertainment, movies, game room)on site for guests which I found very surprising for a city hotel. I took one star off as the hotel is pricey as is their parking, but Boston is a pricey city. Also some of the staff were not overly friendly, but others were super friendly. So it was hit and miss. But all in all a wonderful hotel. I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family