“Great location”

Ranked #62 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Warwick
“Great location”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently stayed one night at the Midtown. The location was great and the kids really enjoyed the pool. The hotel itself is a little run down but the staff was very friendly and helpful and we were able to check in early. It was very quiet at night and the room was a good size.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Gail E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baltimore
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The midtown is a good location with mediocre amenities and comfort. No free wifi is pretty weak for how much the hotel is per night. Very close to a lot of what Boston has to offer but for the price you can find something better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Centerville
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here after Red Sox game. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was spacious, immaculate and bed was very comfortable. Loved the location. Pool was perfect temp and again imacculate. Life guard attentive, polite and detail oriented.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Key West
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one week on a business trip. Love the retro feel to the place and the staff was friendly enough. The location is good in that it is walking distance to restaurants such as Panera Bread, Subway, and indigenous places as well. Things that weren't so great: the hotel does indeed charge $10 a day for in your room internet even if you are a business traveler. I did see people in the lobby on their laptops, so there may be free internet in the lobby. I also only had lukewarm water in the mornings ( I tried at 5:00 a.m. Mon-Thurs so not a usage issue with other guests--hotel appeared to be primarily recreational visitors not business people up before dawn). I was able to take one hot shower in the five days I was there and that was at 800 p.m. at night. Overall, I might stay there again if there were no other hotels available, but for the duration of my work assignment in Boston, I will be staying elsewhere

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PookieKeyWest

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've stayed at this location before, easy to reach via public transportation. reasonable rates and friendly staff, great breakfast in the AM. Everything is spotless. The food in the cafe was great and the staff there was very friendly :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here in June for business and found the location was awesome and the staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was clean and comfortable and the pool was very refreshing after a long day of work. I would highly recommend The Midtown Hotel for your stay in Boston.

Room Tip: I have stayed here a few times and every room has been clean and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Northern New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed the 3rd week in June of 2014. Reason for travel was my daughter's college orientation. I made reservations by phone in May. When I checked in they said my reservation was for May, same days, and they charged me as a no show. At first they said they had no rooms, then said they did but I was going to have to pay well over $100 more than my reservation had quoted. They said there were a couple conventions in town and it would be impossible to find a room anywhere else. I question as to whether the reservation error was legit but just changed in order to book rooms at a much higher rate after realizing there were conventions. We were able to negotiate down a bit and using "Four Square" app got free parking and wifi. The night manager while ended up being accommodating, was annoying as he was on the defense the whole time and just kept telling us to "hold on" while he did various things on his computer with my credit card and license in hand, then lectured us. He was trying to be helpful but it came off as condescending. It would have been better had he told us "let me try this" or "I am checking on this". Instead he left us standing there for minutes on end watching him go from office to computer, with my card and license. I was feeling a bit uneasy about that. They never took responsibility for the Hotel messing up my reservation. Just got us a room and charged us more. I did not get an email confirmation sent to me so I recommend that in the future. The girl working with him (I believe his name was Mark but I am not positive on that) had zero personality, not a smile when she addressed you. She was miserable. This even before we realized the reservation error. She needs to be more presentable. I get a feeling that they are on the defense immediately because they must get so many complaints. But like I said, once we got our room we were quite pleased. We didn't stay there to be pampered, we just needed a place to rest our heads. The area is safe too. You have to pay for parking, but it seemed safe.

In the end we got a room. It was big, and clean. It must have been their prime room. Second floor, I believe room 208, facing the street. While a lot of people claim it is noisy we didn't have that problem. With the air conditioner on we didn't hear a thing. The beds and pillows were very comfy. While yes it is a bit dated. Who cares. It was CLEAN!! It is also very conveniently located as well. I am curious to know what kind of room we would have gotten had the reservation been correct.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MidtownGM, General Manager at The Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for the taking a moment to submit a review of the hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced with your reservation as well as the front desk. Please trust that all comments, positive and constructive, are forwarded to the appropriate departments.
I am glad that once resolved you were pleased with the room and bedding quality. Next time you are back in the city, perhaps when your daughter comes back to college, please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can assist you with your reservation process. Thank you again, Todd Sankey, General Manager - tsankey@midtownhotel.com