“Stick with the Hampton Inn”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #72 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Deerfield, Massachusetts
“Stick with the Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We fly out of Boston frequently and usually go with the Hampton Inn for Park & Fly, but I was looking for a better deal, so I tried the Courtyard. The bed in the first room I was given was really dirty, so I asked to be moved. The second room was, if anything, even worse, with the same dirty, stick bed skirt and used dental floss on the bathroom floor, but I was too tired to move again. I did call to inform the staff of the housekeeping problem. They were not particularly gracious. I responded to a customer satisfaction survey by email, and the manager apologized and credited my rewards account with 5,000 points. I was prepared to forget and forgive, until my experience with the shuttle service when I returned. I called as I was getting off the plane for a pickup, assuring the desk that yes, I had my bag, and I'd be at the curb in 10 minutes, which I was. And there I waited for at least another 20 minutes for the van. The van driver explained that he was delayed by other pickups. I pointed out that I was at terminal A, the first stop, and the van was empty. In all, it took 40 minutes from the time I called to the time I arrived at my car. By then, it was after 1:00am. I checked into the Hampton Inn across the road. The room was clean and the staff were nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time provide feedback and share your experience with the Courtyard Boston Logan Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

Thanks and we hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for the park, ride, fly option when we were flying out of Logan airport. On our two previous trips, we stayed at the Hampton Inn but my husband wanted to use Marriott this time. The room itself was fine, clean, etc. We had drinks at the bar the night before we left for the airport which was fine although the poor bartender seemed a little overwhelmed with the number of people she had to serve.The overnight stay was fine and getting the shuttle to the airport in the morning was great. However, we were extremely disappointed in the shuttle service when we arrived back at Logan on Saturday, 6/14. I called the hotel at 5:46 pm to say we had our luggage and we were at the Jet Blue International terminal and was told a shuttle would be sent right away. We called again at 6:09 since there was no sign of the shuttle. This time a different person answered and said the shuttle was full but there would be another one arriving in 7 minutes. By 6:25, my husband was steaming and called again. Again, we were told it was on its way. In the time we waited, we saw 4 Embassy Suites shuttle vans and 3 Hampton Inn vans. The one Marriott shuttle that came through slowed down but the driver said he was full. My husband called the front desk again and
was told the shuttle was just pulling up to the terminal. When we saw it coming, my husband flagged it down. There was one seat left and 6 people in our party plus 3 other people waiting to get on. My husband told the driver we had been waiting almost an hour and were getting on. I sat down and there were 8 people standing holding the railings. The van made a stop somewhere to pick up 2 airline pilots who also squeezed on. The woman I was sitting
next to commented there must be a law against this overcrowding.

Basically, it took us an hour to get from Logan to the hotel due to the wait time for the shuttle. We had booked and paid for two rooms since we had 6 people in our party so it was not an inexpensive stay. The whole point in us booking the Marriott was for parking and a quick and easy shuttle to and from the airport. Clearly, this experience did not meet our expectations.
Needless to say, we will look at going back to the Hampton Inn or trying another hotel around the airport before we book this hotel for a future trip to Logan. Our experience at Marriott hotels in most other cities has always been positive but, unfortunately, this one was not.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cab1118

Thanks and we hope you look to stay with us again in the future!
Keene
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you have an early morning flight or getting in late at night, Courtyard is a good choice. Prompt pick up service from each of the terminals, as well as early morning transportation into Logan. You'll find Marriott a good choice, with reliable service and accommodations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DarrowNH
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks for your review and I certainly hope you look to stay with us again in the future!
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's a standard airport hotel. Nothing special, but also nothing to complain about. The staff were particularly interested in helping out, so it made all the transfers and moving about as easy as possible. If I ahd to stay overnight at Logan again I would probably choose this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you look to come back and stay with us again!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting Boston for the beer fest - by the time we got a hotel most of the inexpensive options were booked up. We decided to go with the Courtyard Marriott due to the low price and relative closeness to both the airport and our event. We were not let down! We recently stayed at a Courtyard in Alexandria, VA and this one was significantly nicer. The lobby is nice, the room was very clean and laid out well - A/C worked, our room was quiet, the fixtures were kept well, all of the counter surfaces/bathroom counter/shower/etc were well maintained. The bed was nice, too. The only thing I don't like in the Courtyard hotels I've stayed in is the main carpeting throughout the lobby and halls - it really dates the place. The staff in the lobby were great and helped us out trying to figure out how to get around - they even had 2 extra metro passes that they gave us. The shuttle to/from the airport/train station was perfect - we would have been pretty helpless without it. I would definitely stay here again if traveling to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelpants_11
Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you come back to stay with us again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were stuck in Boston overnight due to a flight cancellation, and we found the last room in an airport hotel nearby. I'm glad there was a room available at the Courtyard by Marriott. The rooms were comfortable, quiet, clean, and complete with all of the amenities one would expect. I was expecting a lot less for an airport hotel, but it was quite nice. There is a shuttle running every 15-20 min to/from Logan airport and the T. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the restaurant was standard and fine (we ate there for breakfast only). The only downside was the price, but we assumed it was just the price one pays for a hotel in the Boston area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly hope you come back to stay with us again in the future.
Royersford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here one night with husband and daughter. Place was clean and had no complaints with staff. Free parking in the lot was nice as were the multitude of outlets to recharge all of our electronics. I wish there was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, however. Also the temperature in the room was difficult to control. Instead of running at a constant temperature, as soon as the room was starting to feel uncomfortable, the unit would turn on and then turn off again. Also being near the airport made for some noisy plane noise. We needed to get into the city and at almost $400 for one night, I felt this was very expensive. Every hotel seemed to be booked as it seemed that every college was having graduation that weekend. I would not pay this amount again for these accommodations and location. Restaurant on site was good, but wish there was more nearby as well.

Room Tip: Free WiFi!