“Another Marriott Another great experience”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #70 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had a layover of 12 hours at Boston and Marriott was the first choice after the Toronto experience. Got a day rate since we were checking out by night. Roberta at the reception spoke to the manager and obliged us by extending the checkout time by few hours until our flight time. Again very cosy rooms and excellent service. The pub and restaurant has a great ambiance.
Cheers. Will definitely recommend and visit again if in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you look to stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The faucet in our sink would only produce scalding hot water no matter how we manipulated the handle. The shower would go from an acceptable temperature to VERY hot from time to time. There was a loud clicking sound from the HVAC each time the air conditioner cycled on. Housekeeping asked us if we wanted service instead of just doing it. The breakfast buffet was mediocre at best. I found it to be a very sub par property.

Room Tip: I really wouldn't recommend staying here for any purpose.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for your review; however, we certainly wish you had a better stay with us.

Our staff strives to ensure that each guest room is in perfect working order during their stay; however, we clearly missed the mark during your stay with us! Please reach out to me directly at justin.smith@marriott.com as I would like to make good on what we have done wrong.

Thanks and look forward hearing from you!

Justin T. Smith
Assistant General Manager
justin.smith@marriott.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay before our early flight out. The on site restaurant food was really good and the service was excellent. The rooms were a little dated, but very clean & comfortable and quiet. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen R

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We fly out of Boston frequently and usually go with the Hampton Inn for Park & Fly, but I was looking for a better deal, so I tried the Courtyard. The bed in the first room I was given was really dirty, so I asked to be moved. The second room was, if anything, even worse, with the same dirty, stick bed skirt and used dental floss on the bathroom floor, but I was too tired to move again. I did call to inform the staff of the housekeeping problem. They were not particularly gracious. I responded to a customer satisfaction survey by email, and the manager apologized and credited my rewards account with 5,000 points. I was prepared to forget and forgive, until my experience with the shuttle service when I returned. I called as I was getting off the plane for a pickup, assuring the desk that yes, I had my bag, and I'd be at the curb in 10 minutes, which I was. And there I waited for at least another 20 minutes for the van. The van driver explained that he was delayed by other pickups. I pointed out that I was at terminal A, the first stop, and the van was empty. In all, it took 40 minutes from the time I called to the time I arrived at my car. By then, it was after 1:00am. I checked into the Hampton Inn across the road. The room was clean and the staff were nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time provide feedback and share your experience with the Courtyard Boston Logan Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

Thanks and we hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Marriott for the park, ride, fly option when we were flying out of Logan airport. On our two previous trips, we stayed at the Hampton Inn but my husband wanted to use Marriott this time. The room itself was fine, clean, etc. We had drinks at the bar the night before we left for the airport which was fine although the poor bartender seemed a little overwhelmed with the number of people she had to serve.The overnight stay was fine and getting the shuttle to the airport in the morning was great. However, we were extremely disappointed in the shuttle service when we arrived back at Logan on Saturday, 6/14. I called the hotel at 5:46 pm to say we had our luggage and we were at the Jet Blue International terminal and was told a shuttle would be sent right away. We called again at 6:09 since there was no sign of the shuttle. This time a different person answered and said the shuttle was full but there would be another one arriving in 7 minutes. By 6:25, my husband was steaming and called again. Again, we were told it was on its way. In the time we waited, we saw 4 Embassy Suites shuttle vans and 3 Hampton Inn vans. The one Marriott shuttle that came through slowed down but the driver said he was full. My husband called the front desk again and
was told the shuttle was just pulling up to the terminal. When we saw it coming, my husband flagged it down. There was one seat left and 6 people in our party plus 3 other people waiting to get on. My husband told the driver we had been waiting almost an hour and were getting on. I sat down and there were 8 people standing holding the railings. The van made a stop somewhere to pick up 2 airline pilots who also squeezed on. The woman I was sitting
next to commented there must be a law against this overcrowding.

Basically, it took us an hour to get from Logan to the hotel due to the wait time for the shuttle. We had booked and paid for two rooms since we had 6 people in our party so it was not an inexpensive stay. The whole point in us booking the Marriott was for parking and a quick and easy shuttle to and from the airport. Clearly, this experience did not meet our expectations.
Needless to say, we will look at going back to the Hampton Inn or trying another hotel around the airport before we book this hotel for a future trip to Logan. Our experience at Marriott hotels in most other cities has always been positive but, unfortunately, this one was not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cab1118

Thanks and we hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you have an early morning flight or getting in late at night, Courtyard is a good choice. Prompt pick up service from each of the terminals, as well as early morning transportation into Logan. You'll find Marriott a good choice, with reliable service and accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DarrowNH
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for your review and I certainly hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's a standard airport hotel. Nothing special, but also nothing to complain about. The staff were particularly interested in helping out, so it made all the transfers and moving about as easy as possible. If I ahd to stay overnight at Logan again I would probably choose this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your review and we certainly hope you look to come back and stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
East Boston / Logan Airport
Comfort Inn - Boston
#76 of 84 in Boston
Holiday Inn Express Boston
Courtyard Boston-South Boston

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport? Share your experiences!