“Not a place I would come back to!!”

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #71 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is convenient only to the airport. Even though they do have a full time shuttle that's the only saving grace. Nothing within walking distance. The resturant has a captive audience and boy do they know it. The bar tender is very snappy and all but down right rude. The food is mediocre at best and twice the food came out burnt. The prices are very high for food service products, and the service is at their convenience. It's obviously a union hotel, because we were there on 4th of July weekend. We asked to use the grill and patio for a BBQ. We were told no because they would have to call in a union cook to man the grill. Huh????? I've never heard such a thing. This is what we have to look forward to in the good ole US of A. Union strong arming and political correctness, even at a 4th of July cookout. Not to mention the donkey's rear end that still has her job as a bartender, I'm sure she's union too. Oh well......

• Stayed: July 2014
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for providing feedback. We strive on our guests enjoying their stay with us and certainly hope your group enjoyed your stay as a whole. We certainly did as much as we can to accommodate your group to ensure that you enjoyed your stay. We're glad your group stayed with us and were able to accommodate the parking of all buses as I'm sure thats not an easy thing to accommodate in the Boston area.

I'll be addressing your issues mentioned with the restaurant with out Food & Beverage Director as we want to ensure that each of our guests enjoy our stay here.

Regarding the issue with the grill, unfortunately we cannot allow our guests to operate the grills for liability purposes just as we cannot allow them to operate the fire pit. Although we could not accommodate the usage of our grills, we did allow you to use a small charcoal grill on the adjacent dirt parking lot.

Justin T. Smith
Assistant General Manager
justin.smith@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Arrived at the hotel after a long difficult day to find that I had not finished my reservation on line. I had no confirmation number and therefore no reservation. All my fault and of course the hotel was full due to conventions. We had an early flight in the morning which was the reason for the stay. The girl at the counter said she had to talk to the manager and that extremely pleasant man arrived, ( I think his name was Tom) and after a bit of computer work, found a room. Restaurant was great and the van was prompt the next morning. I would stay here again any time I fly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed you stay and hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I travel often, it's my job, so I've stayed in many hotels and this is one of my least favorites. I have always had such good luck with Marriott's, but not here.

To start with, the room decor is outdated, the bed is on the hard side and the carpet is ripply and old. The bathroom has NO counter space, the only place I could find to set anything was on either side of the faucet but it was sloped so anything I put on it just fell into the sink. There was a square hole cut into the wall under the sink that was replaced with Duct Tape.... seriously, it was Duct Tape!! I wish I would have had my camera with me so I could have taken a picture.

The front desk staff was neither friendly nor helpful. I work for an airline so I know that even though I have a rewards card, I don't accumulate points, but by adding my rewards number to my stay it just adds it to my "stay history". The woman at the front desk told me that they don't do that. I explained that I know I don't accumulate points but I want it to show in my "stay history" and she said no. I'm just not sure why it was a problem for her.

Unfortunately I don't have a choice where I stay on my layover's, but I will know to never stay here on my own.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and share your experience with us. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

Regarding adding your rewards number to your reservation, this is not done as there is no credit for a contracted rate. Unfortunately there is no credit given towards your nights stayed or points accumulated. With no credit being given, we certainly don't want to give our guests the illusion that they will be receiving credit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had a layover of 12 hours at Boston and Marriott was the first choice after the Toronto experience. Got a day rate since we were checking out by night. Roberta at the reception spoke to the manager and obliged us by extending the checkout time by few hours until our flight time. Again very cosy rooms and excellent service. The pub and restaurant has a great ambiance.
Cheers. Will definitely recommend and visit again if in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you look to stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The faucet in our sink would only produce scalding hot water no matter how we manipulated the handle. The shower would go from an acceptable temperature to VERY hot from time to time. There was a loud clicking sound from the HVAC each time the air conditioner cycled on. Housekeeping asked us if we wanted service instead of just doing it. The breakfast buffet was mediocre at best. I found it to be a very sub par property.

Room Tip: I really wouldn't recommend staying here for any purpose.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for your review; however, we certainly wish you had a better stay with us.

Our staff strives to ensure that each guest room is in perfect working order during their stay; however, we clearly missed the mark during your stay with us! Please reach out to me directly at justin.smith@marriott.com as I would like to make good on what we have done wrong.

Thanks and look forward hearing from you!

Justin T. Smith
Assistant General Manager
justin.smith@marriott.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay before our early flight out. The on site restaurant food was really good and the service was excellent. The rooms were a little dated, but very clean & comfortable and quiet. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen R

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We fly out of Boston frequently and usually go with the Hampton Inn for Park & Fly, but I was looking for a better deal, so I tried the Courtyard. The bed in the first room I was given was really dirty, so I asked to be moved. The second room was, if anything, even worse, with the same dirty, stick bed skirt and used dental floss on the bathroom floor, but I was too tired to move again. I did call to inform the staff of the housekeeping problem. They were not particularly gracious. I responded to a customer satisfaction survey by email, and the manager apologized and credited my rewards account with 5,000 points. I was prepared to forget and forgive, until my experience with the shuttle service when I returned. I called as I was getting off the plane for a pickup, assuring the desk that yes, I had my bag, and I'd be at the curb in 10 minutes, which I was. And there I waited for at least another 20 minutes for the van. The van driver explained that he was delayed by other pickups. I pointed out that I was at terminal A, the first stop, and the van was empty. In all, it took 40 minutes from the time I called to the time I arrived at my car. By then, it was after 1:00am. I checked into the Hampton Inn across the road. The room was clean and the staff were nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Justin S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time provide feedback and share your experience with the Courtyard Boston Logan Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

Thanks and we hope you look to stay with us again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Comfort Inn - Boston
Comfort Inn - Boston
#76 of 84 in Boston
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport? Share your experiences!