“Great location + excellent service = great value”
Review of Harborside Inn

Harborside Inn
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I was looking for a convenient base with reliable internet, comfortable rooms and dependable staff to call home for 4-5 days during my business stay in Boston - and found a great one in the Harborside Inn.

The Inn really does deliver on EVERYTHING it promises. The internet connection is reliable and easy to sign on to. The staff are incredibly friendly each and every time I bring inquiries to them. Though I did not ask for the room to be made over one morning, I returned to find a package with new towels attached to my door. There really is a nice little movie library which one can peruse or contribute to upon your stay. Usage of their new computers and printers is free. They provide an extremely useful Top 10 Guidebook in the room, which you can use and/or purchase.

You are no more than 2-4 blocks from the Blue, Orange, and Green lines. Faneuil Hall and the aquarium are a 3 minute walk away. Little Italy is a 5-7 minute walk away. There is a 24-hour convenience store next door for last minute medications, etc.

Though there is no restaurant in the Inn, they are currently remodeling and putting in what looks to be a great facility. However, there are many restaurant options around.

It was clear they wanted me to have the convenience of being at home and evident why they received so many awards. Thank you, Harborside.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, go for a room with an atrium view, as opposed to street view. The scene...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nheo

Reviewed 1 January 2013

What a lovely surprise to find a terrific hotel in the heart of one of the best parts of Boston, the harbor area. Walking distance to so many attractions, this gem has clean, quiet rooms, convenient parking and a knowledgable very helpful staff all at a remarkably reasonable price. They will be opening a cafe, night spot but I was assured that the charming atrium rooms will not lose their quiet nature. Built in an old spice warehouse, exposed brick adds to the warm old town ambience. The sound system, channelled to the bathroom, is a lovely touch along with a shower high enough for even the tallest of guests (no small accomplishment for our family which includes two who are over 6'5"). I look forward to a longer stay when the weather is better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jolynn33
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This hotel is only 2 stops from the airport on the subway and this was our second stay at the hotel. The staff were all very helpful. The room was on the small side but clean and tidy. I think it is a nice touch that they have Top 10 Guidebook in the room, which you can use and / or purchase. Another nice touch are the internet terminals with free printing in the lobby. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with outside aspect, a lot of the rooms overlook an internal atrium.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Absolutely loved my pre-Christmas stay at this hotel. The clean lines of decor remind me of some European hotels. Walk to everything in Boston. Tech savy. Highly recommend. Next trip will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank DEBDEV
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Arrived via boat taxi from Logan to long wharf and was delivered practically on the hotels doorstep. The hotel is less than a 3 min walk to Quincy Market, and a slow 15 min stroll to Boston Common.

We received a very warm welcome on arrival, and were allocated a room on the 8th floor which overlooked long wharf. The room was well designed with a queen sized bed, large tv, table and chairs, large shower, and exposed brick walls and light dimmer switches for extra coziness. It feels like serious thought had gone into the layout of the room.

Will certainly stay here again!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank BirdOfPrey01
Reviewed 11 December 2012

In all the times I have been to Fanuiel Hall, I never knew the Harborside Inn was just steps away on State Street. It was a pleasant surprise! The hotel is modern and offers free wi-fi. The bed was very comfortable and there were no issues with the room. There are several parking options and Fanuiel Hall/Quincy Market and the North End are right at your front door.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bostonner
Reviewed 8 December 2012

A friend and I just returned from an overnight stay at the Harborside Inn. As soon as we walked into the lobby, we knew we'd like this small hotel. There is a cozy area with couches and newspapers, 24 hr coffee and tea, and about 4 or 5 desktop computers for guests' use. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly, and we were able to check in several hours early. The Harborside is convient to the Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, etc., and numerous restaurants and cafes practically right outside your door. We had an atrium room on the 7th floor, so it was away from the street and very quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable, we had a great night's sleep, and the room was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was pretty large and was nicely updated. Wifi worked perfectly well in our room and we never lost a connection. Frankly, I'm very surprised at the negative reviews as we experienced none of those issues. Our room did not have a view, but we didn't stay here for the view; we stayed here for the convenience to everything we wanted to see, and the very reasonable price. There is no doubt that when I return to Boston, this is where I'm staying.

Room Tip: I believe the atrium rooms will be the quietest.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends