“Great location, great service, lovely hotel!”
Review of Harborside Inn

Harborside Inn
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed in Boston over the Easter weekend, and chose this hotel because it seemed to be in a good location, and the price then was very good (Further research told me we paid close to half the "full-season" rate, so we got a great deal! If we had traveled during peak-times, we would probably have had to stay outside the city and commute.) I am 100% pleased with this hotel!

The location is great, literally around the corner from Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. We walked to North End twice, and it was maybe 10-15 minutes, tops. We could also walk to Boston Common (also maybe 10-15 minutes) but there is also a T stop right in front of the hotel, so no matter where we wanted to go, it was easily accessible. There is no breakfast or restaurant at the hotel, but that was absolutely no problem, because they serve coffee and tea 24 hours in the lobby, and there's a Starbucks, a Dunkin Donuts and a few other breakfast places on the same street.

There is no parking at the hotel itself, but they have an agreement with a nearby parking (75 State Street) where you save 10% if the hotel stamps your parking stub, so that was also a plus for this hotel. (And the parking is also superb. They have car assistance on site, so they gave me a car jump when my battery was dead from silly me leaving a light on inside over the weekend...) Very very happy with the parking arrangement.

Front desk personnel were awesome as well. Very friendly and attentive. There is free wifi in the hotel, and when I had trouble connecting (a setting on my computer was causing trouble, apparently they see it often) the girl at the front desk promptly and efficiently fixed it for me. They also have computers in the lobby which can be used by guests. The entire lobby looked very modern and inviting, too.

The room was very clean and comfortable, though the mattress was a bit too soft for my taste. It is important to note we had an atrium room, so no outside window. It was not a big deal for us, because we spent most of our time outside anyway, but it was confusing figuring out the time, as we didn't see outside light much. The room was super quiet, we never heard anything, except the one morning we stayed in and heard the housecleaning in the next room. The bathroom was nice and clean. Very big shower, and there was very adequate water pressure too! I am very picky with showers and water pressure (there's almost never any!) but this was a very normal-pressured shower!

I am extremely satisfied with this hotel, and would return here if I return to Boston.

Room Tip: If natural light is important to you, make sure not to pick an atrium room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for one night with my best friend for a night get away for her birthday . I am very cautious when looking at hotels online , it seems to usually be what you see online is not what you get once you arrive . But this hotel surprised me . It was an amazing stay ! I love staying in big ritzy hotels with cloud beds and large duvet covered down comforters , but I always feel like I'm in a hotel . This hotel, while it doesn't have the normal " hotel" things such as a coffee pot in the rooms or vending machines or room service or fluffy duvet comforters , I would gladly trade all those things in for another night at this place . I actually felt like this place was my home ! I felt like it was my bedroom !half the wall was a large mirror . The bathroom was state of the art , great stone floors and modern shower . Water pressure was a little low but it was nice and hot ! There were two large windows which opened so we could get some fresh air in which is also unsual to a hotel . There was a fridge and a safe both free which I don't see in many hotels either . Though I didn't have much interaction with the staff what little I had was great . Overall, since there was 24 hour coffee in the lobby this hotel was perfect . 2 block away from Quincy market and directly across from the IMAX theater and the aquarium the location couldn't be better . Amazing ! Ill never stay anywhere else in Boston again !

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ellaikagrant
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I appreciate the attempt, but execution is not perfect. The hotel is casual modern, with spice of maritime decoration, which was cute. Upside - great location next to all things you need to see while in Boston; nice fluffy towel in the bathroom; friendly staff; and my room, 309, was spacious. Downside - shower tempreture fluctuated and often times too cold to stay in. I stayed 3 nights and this was the case every night. There is no food service at the hotel but there was a 24-hour convenience store next door. Free coffee at the lobby did not taste like modern day coffee! All these for roughly $200 a night. You will be the judge.

2  Thank BrooklynGirl1121
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We priced out hotels in Boston and this was certainly on the cheaper side for Boston. For what we paid (comparatively for the Boston area), we thought the hotel was very nice. We had a city view room and it did not feel small. It wasn't huge, but it was big enough for a couple of nights. The location is great in that you can walk to downtown Boston and have easy access to everything. The one drawback is there are 2 bars very close to the hotel. It could be because we were there during St. Patrick's day weekend...but the noise from the bars was very loud. We could actually hear music from one of them. It didn't stop until after 2AM. So if you are a light sleeper, you might want to consider an atrium view room or bring earplugs! If noise doesn't bother you, then this is a great place.

Room Tip: City view room was noisy for us. Maybe because it was St. Patrick's Day weekend. See my review f...
1  Thank hyena531
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Rooms are the size of a room youd find in amsterdam or london. Some rooms dont even have a window looking out which is crazy as it made the room really really cramped and small. For the price you pay, we expect more than a motel like place. Totally unrecommended.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Avidtravellerbkk
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I decided to break from the meeting recommendation and stay here. I mostly stayed here because of the ease of access to the subway system, because of the proximity to major attractions (the Quincy market and Faneuil Hall) and the proximity to some great restaurants. As I was travelling on business, I stayed in a courtyard view room and, apart from some natural light, it was fine. The room was small, but well appointed and functional. The TV system was great, WiFi was fast and reliable, the bed was very comfortable (at least to my standards as I slept very well) and the shower was excellent..good water pressure and lots of hot water. The front desk staff were very pleasant and greeted you every time you passed them to enter the elevator. The price, which I secured through Expedia.ca was excellent for downtown Boston ($!67 per night). The room had a safe large enough for a laptop and a good fridge to put drinks in. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need natural light, pay the extra $20-30 for the city view room. If you are only sleeping in...
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I attempted to cancel my reservation due to an impending storm which was sending me home early. I contacted the hotel and was told there was no manager on duty and to call back the next day. The next day they would not honor the cancellation due to the weather and charged me the full rate.

Next time I'll stick with larger hotels who are more interested in hosting business travelers with changeable plans.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business