“Harborside Inn @ Boston”
Review of Harborside Inn

Harborside Inn
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I really liked this hotel! The rooms were very well furnished, with large bathroom and a lot of space in the room as well. Even if we could not open the window, as it was facing the interior part of the building, we really enjoyed the place. Staff is very helpful and it is located only 3 or 4 metro stops from the airport. Very close also to the city center and the harbor. The only thing I would have changed is the room door, that opened directly in front of the bed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 4 years. I love this hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The atrium- side rooms are very quiet. The rooms are clean and decorated with upscale design. The hotel staff is very accommodating. This hotel is within walking distance to many historic places in Boston, and right on the subway line. It's very easy to go from the airport to this hotel. The only disadvantage is that the price becomes prohibitive from April-Thanksgiving, especially in October when the New England is vibrant.

PS. The restaurant right round the corner from the hotel sells the best breakfast and brunch items in Boston. Hotel staff recommended it, and we loved it.

Room Tip: A good place to sleep well and enjoy your busy days in Boston.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine D
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Harborside Inn for while in Boston before heading to Newport for the Newport Folk Festival. What a great location - small hotel with character - rooms had brick walls and didn't have the "big hotel" feel - it was great. We actually had a real key (a metal one - no card key). Located near the waterfront and right next to Faneuil Hall and all the historic sights. Will stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a premier location right next to Faneuil hall, north eand,and the great restaurants at the waterfront. Boston is a very walkable city and this is in the middle of it. Rooms are not large but well appointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were in Boston for five days in July. This hotel has an excellent location to many of the historic sites of Boston. The rooms are small, but well designed and comfortable. The only draw back may be if you need a window to the outside. We had a an inside room so the window overlooked the atrium or courtyard. It was not a huge deal for us. The bed was very comfortable.

The people at the desk are very helpful and accommodating! I would recommend this hotel for those who need a comfortable place with a great location and are on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank negotiator2010
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently joined TripAdvisor, but have used it many times to plan vacations and choose hotels based on the reviews that others have written.
My boss knew I was going to Boston for the first time and recommended the Marriott Long Wharf because of it's location. The price was out of my budget, so I searched for similar properties near the Long Wharf that were more in my price range - that is how I discovered the Harborside Inn. What a great place and perfect location! After a 4+ hour drive from NJ, we arrived around 10:30 am. Although check-in is not until 3pm, we were able to check-in early, allowing us to begin our day in Boston. There is no parking on the premises, however, there is a garage 200 yards from the hotel that offers a discount for guests of the Harborside Inn.
I reserved a city view room. The room was tastefully contemporary and well appointed with a flat screen tv, refrigerator and easy to use safe. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location was ideal - close to the Long Wharf, and walking distance to many attractions, including Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall & the Freedom Trail as well as the North End (aka "Little Italy")
I can't say enough about the staff! When I inadvertently threw out my parking ticket, Jared (without hesitation) walked over to the garage and explained what happened to the manager. Issue resolved! I would definately stay here again if I have the opportunity to return to Boston.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We only stayed one night but would definitely recommend. It's located near the harbour and the shops. Room was spacious and had nautical touches as well as a guidebook and easy to use safe. The only downside was that we were nearly not served the drinks we ordered since our IDs weren't American! If you're travelling by car it's a little difficult to navigate the one way streets but there was an underground car park not too far away.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple