“Excellent Location”

Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Temple, Texas
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 21 June 2005

After a cruise from Montreal to Boston, we spent 3 days at the Harborside Inn.

Location was great, close to everything. Rooms are small but comfortable and tastefully decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Would definitely recommend to others and would stay there again if our travels take us to Boston.

2 Thank Ellen P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 20 June 2005

Stayed here one night in early April, and found much to like about the place. It's very reasonably priced for such a central location in Boston. It's only 2 subway stops (maybe 3, I forget) from the airport. Plus, the subway entrance is right outside the hotel's door. The room was small, but clean and quite charming with wood floors. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was merely okay. Overall, I don't think it deserves the negative reviews some have given it. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank jjkdc2015
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2005

We stayed at the Harborside this past week and were very happy with our choice. We have stayed at Club Quarters and the Ritz-Carlton Boston Common as well, and although we ADORE the Ritz, of the three, this one was the best bargain. The Harborside is in a wonderful location, to start with. The T stop (blue line) is right outside the main entrance and fun, touristy Quincy Market is a quick walk around the block. Our room was a nice size, and I loved how different it looks from chain hotels. There are beautiful hard wood floors and two of the walls are brick with ceiling to floor windows and high ceilings. Very tastefully decorated. It can be a bit noisy in the early mornings when construction begins on 93, but it's bearable. Staff was helpful and friendly, and the price was downright cheap! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank TeddyBear03
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 May 2005

We stayed at the Harbourside Inn for the first three days of our honeymoon and thought that the hotel was in a great location next to Quincy Market, the Aquarium and right on the doorstep if you want to walk the Freedom Trail.

We booked a city view room as I had read that the atrium view rooms could be quite dark inside , we found the city view room to be a bit noisy, the traffic was ok as it is now all underground but when the pubs/clubs close you do get a lot of noise from people on the street and also from the men collecting the rubbish/empty bottles very early in the morning.

Although we did have a good view of the city I would recommend that you book an atrium view room as when we passed one it looked nice and not that dark inside, however these rooms are overlooked by people waiting for the lift but we would not have minded this as long as the room was quite.

The restaurant was closed for some reason for breakfast, lunch and dinner we never found out why there was no reason given. We did get breakfast at Quincy Market (great choice of places to eat). The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean. We would stay at the Harbourside again but next time book an atrium view room.

If you are travelling from the airport by taxi make sure to let the driver know its the Harbourside Inn on State Street as there are two Harbourside Inns in the city, our taxi driver did not have a clue where he was going and had never heard of this hotel before but he did find it in the end.

Stayed May 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 27 April 2005

Not exactly sure what to expect, we were surprised to find a charming hotel, in the absolute heart of the city, and for a very reasonable rate.

Having an atrium room (small, but quaint and clean) we did not experience any noise issues and like another reviewer said, the highway is no issue at all anymore. And the entire city is literally right outside the door with Quincy Market across the street and Long Wharf just across Atlantic Ave. The Aquarium "T" stop (Blue Line) is yards away and made getting to the airport (and everywhere for that matter) easy and cheap (Take the subway! It is $1.25, two stops, and a free shuttle to your gate.)

While we had a slight "plumbing problem", who cares. It could happen anywhere and it was a quick call to the desk.

The atrium room made it even more affordable and we would definately stay at the Harborside again.

• Stayed April 2005
13 Thank ballhatguy
Centennial
Reviewed 17 March 2005

Try finding a cute, small hotel while you're on a budget, that's close to attractions and has easy access to major roads in a state of confusing construction, and NOT for weekend guests who plan on sleeping before the local music shuts down, in the middle of Boston. I found this charming European-style hotel for a great price, and since I planned on staying out late, this was a very wonderful place to be.

The staff were the most pleasant people I have ever spent time with anywhere! I made a last minute change to my reservation a week before my arrival and it was no problem. I asked for another change for my roommate on the first day and again, the staff was so eager to please and friendly.

The charming room was on the fifth floor overlooking the atrium, near the elevator, but I slept like a baby with the fan humming away. The bed was cozy and warm, while the spacious bathroom was one of the safest and cleanest I have seen in along time with handrails and seating for the mature individual.

The cab fare between the airport was very reasonable and access to the T was available a few yards away. I walked to Quincy Market for exotic meals that cost me a few dollars. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat, but only if I planned on staying out late on the weekend, (Fri. Sat.). Weeknights are very quiet. Great winter hotel near the harbor, too!

15 Thank CCosolo